Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride.

on 11/25/2008 3:22:00 PM

Pros:

-Doesn't have a strong odor
-Doesn't feel greasy

Cons:

-Does not last through hand washing
-Did nothing at giving relief to my dry hands

I definitely prefer other hand creams to this one which is surprising since I normally love Aveeno products.

on 11/24/2008 2:23:00 PM

It's awesome! My go-to for the winter. I find what I like best about it is that even after I wash my hands I can still feel that there is some left on there sheilding my skin. Also, as others note, there is no fragrance and it absorbs very quickly. The consistency is not too thick, but just right, thicker than most hand creams at the store. I prefer it immensely to Eucerin or Neutrogena and slightly prefer this to Avon silicone glove. I have pricier favorites (AHAVA, Kiehls) but this one really works very well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, the tube is too big to carry in a purse. It moisturizes fairly well, however, I feel like it would not be thick enough if I had very very dry hands from the winter. Also, the price was a bit high, but I guess for the amount it was alright. Its fairly mediocre in my opinion. I think Neutrogena's Norwegian formula hand cream is better, though it takes a bit longer to absorb in.

on 10/29/2008 12:17:00 AM

This is awesome stuff. Little to no fragrance, and you don't need much to cover your hands. Long-lasting, too. I don't know that it necessarily holds up to handwashing or anything, but I would re-apply anyway. Great for dry winter days.

on 10/14/2008 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i love this hand cream!! i bought it to use in the winter months when i lived somewhere colder. it moisturized my hands really well and kept the skin moist all day! i'm also a big hand washer - at least 5 times during my work day (i had a desk job at the time and my hands didn't really get dirty, i'm just OCD about dirty feeling hands :P ). this cream kept my hands moisturized even after all the hand washing.

the cream is a thick consistency and doesn't have any added fragrance. it soaks into dry skin really quickly and doesn't leave a greasy feeling with me.

i even bought a bottle for my bf and he's addicted to it too!

on 10/1/2008 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Just finished my first tube. Ok, first thing's first. The formula really does absorb fairly fast & easily into the skin leaving you with a non-greasy feel. GOOD if you are at work and typing on the keyboard as greasy handcreams will leave residues all over the place. It does feel like you need more if you are having a parchy-hand day. I like it because it is cheap, readily available, doesn't stink of some aromatherapy crap (the smell is borderline "clinical") and the smell disappears quite fast which is great. If you are after a handcream that gives you a slightly greasy feel (eg. crabtree, A'kin, jurlique or l'occitane) this might not be what you want. I give it a 4 simply because it is value for money. I personally quite like the small spout that the cream oozes out from - gives you more control over the quantity needed and the formula isn't runny like A'kin. Will buy for work purposes. :)

on 9/7/2008 12:53:00 PM

There is nothing wrong with this hand cream but I don't feel there is anything very special about it either. It's just a hand cream. It moisturizes your hands. It's said to be "With Natural Colloidal Oatmeal" - I have no idea what that is or what it's supposed to do!
Other reviewers have commented that it isn't greasy and I'd go along with that. Although I do find generally that in order for a hand cream to be truly "intense" then it is invariably a bit on the greasy side. A few minutes after applying this one, I tend to feel I need to apply some more - something I find with most everyday hand creams. It didn't cost a lot so I haven't lost out but I wouldn't buy it again.

on 6/11/2008 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream is a very nice hand cream that does exactly what is says. I love how it moisturises my hands and cuticles without leaving a waxy, greasy residue. Instead, it absorbs easily and quickly and I can straight away do things with my hands without worrying that my hands will be greasy. This lotion has no smell (just maybe a light, natural scent), which I prefer to heavily scented creams. This is great for everyday nourishing and I recommend this for people who want a light, moisturising, non-greasy lotion

on 5/9/2008 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this hand cream, it's the only one I can use during the day because it doesn't make your hands greasy or palms sweat at ALL ... like most hand creams do (for me anyway). It absorbs really fast.

on 5/1/2008 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This hand cream does nothing for my cuticles.
i also find it to be watery and have to shake the bottle before applying just to get the consistancy to thicken.
At first i thought maybe it was old and re-purchased it at a different store but i found that i had the same problem.

i give it 2 lipsticks because it does absorb quickly and isnt to heavy. I am a fan of Aveeno's facial moisturisers which is what gave me hope for the hand cream but i wont be purchasing this product again.

i guess it's good if you have slightly dry hands but if you're prone to hang nails like myself, i'd stick with something else.