April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by joylovesmakeup

Returning 6 empties and gettnig a full sized eyeshadow, lipstick/gloss back in return makes me always want to shop with M.A.C!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by amyshannon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, MAC is the best cosmetics company around! If there are any other that are more charitable or offer better products, then I don't know who they are. I have SOOO many lipsticks that I didn't pay for because of this program. I loved dropping off my 6 empty containers when they only offered a free tube of lipstick; I love it even more since they have expanded the customer's choice to include eyeshadow and lipgloss!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

While this isn't the BEST recycling program. (there are flaws, as other reviewers have pointed out) it's a start. At least MAC is trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by RosemarysBabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Absolutely GENIUS concept. You bring them back 6 empty containers (so you help the environment and they save on packaging costs by recycling), and they give you a free lipstick, lip gloss or eyeshadow. It keeps you coming back to the store, and trying out new things that you may not normally want to take the risk and spend the money on. The inventor and creator of this program is a GOD.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Capecodgirl617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love B2M. It's one of the main reasons why I buy from M.A.C what other product can you buy and Return and get a freebie?

Werid thing..last time I went to return empites my mua askes me if I would like a blush, eye shadow, gloss or a lippie. I said to him you mean lip stick and he said no, I was shocked, this happended at my macys coutner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

I freakin' love Back-2-Mac! I rarely spend full price on makeup, and this is just one more way I can adhere to that rule :) I depot all my eyeshadows without exception, so this is where most of my empties come from, and occasionally from a lipstick, foundation or lash case.

For the B2M program, you can return all plastic packaging, so it's very broad. At MAC counters, you can choose a free regular lipstick for returning 6 empties (no LE packaging, and no slimshines, pro longwear, etc). At freestanding MAC stores, you have a choice of lipstick, lipglass, plushglass or lusterglass, regular packaging only.

Unfortunately they have recently tightened the rules, so it's not possible to B2M for cremesheen glasses, mineralize eyeshadows, or LE packaging. My local counters still accept depots, and I hope that doesn't change, because I have a ton saved up (that's my pic at the top. Lots and lots of depots, few truly used up items).

The reason I'm giving it a 4/5 is because they have restricted what you can redeem for, and because some counters refuse depots. The latter makes no sense - the point of the program is to collect packaging for recycling. How does depotting something interfere with the purpose of the program in that case?

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

I have to admit, B2M is what keeps me loyal to MAC. I know there are better products out there (actually, I've never been able to find a shadow that beats mac...ditto for some of their other products), but B2M is the best :) And their products are quite reasonable compared to other HE brands. My only complaint is that it takes me a loooooooooooooooooong time to go through mac products so I don't get to take advantage of it much....but really, is that a bad thing? I do replace my mascaras every 3 months (and thats brow gel, primer, and mascara, so i can do b2m at least twice a year with those things alone) ...but Mac isnt the best in mascara, and unless opulash knocks my socks off, i'll probably switch and lose my regular b2m :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ambriki

I LOVE b2m! I have got about 10 lipstiks from this (I live in the UK, and as far as I know you cannot get eyeshadows as a substitute, but it would be wicked if you could).

I never really used to wear lipstic (more of a gloss gal), but since this I have tried so many looks: nude with Myth, Honeylove (my 1st ever b2m!) and Cremesheen Creme d'nude, pinky with Cremesheen Cremecup and Slimshine Fundays, reds...LOVE THIS!

As others have said, wish other companies did the same. Would be ace if Space NK did a similar thing ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by belissimagirl

This is a great program and has been going since the 90's, back then you just had to bring in 5 but of course times change and now it is 6. I brought in 24 items last fall and got 4 items, all lipsticks. One of the compacts I brought in was an old Studiofix one from the 90's that I had found in a drawer; it was shiny on the outside instead of the matte black finish you see today. Since that was the only difference I turned it in, maybe I should have kept it for the heck of it, I don't know. The SA got a kick out of it and was showing it a bit. I will be making a return trip soon and plan to get a few shades of lipstick I normally wouldn't buy, just to experiment with. (I really only like nude lips for myself)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by briii

i LOVE the back 2 mac program!! who couldnt love it?!
its awesome!! (: