Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

4.6

NEW INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Alumina, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol. May Contain ( /-): CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7799 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide). OLD INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, PVP/PA Copolymer, DEA-C8-18 Perfluoroalkylethyl Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491). May contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 11/18/2004 1:18:00 PM

i am writing the same review for all 4 of laura mercier's cake eyeliners. they are amazing. perfect. DEFINITE holy grail items. i have the oiliest eyelids ever--- no other eyeliner on the planet has stood up to my oily lids. i put this stuff on in the a.m., and at 10:00 at night it's still there, as perfect looking as it was at 7:00 a.m. the eyeliner brush is awesome, too.

on 11/2/2004 7:40:00 AM

I actually love the finish this eyeliner gives. It sort of polished but very natural, not garish! The blue marine is not what I expected, the colour is more toward black instead of navy blue in mascara. My trial with the flat brush is not satisfying, it's easier to use the bobbi brown pointed liner brush. I take one lippie off because the staying power for my underneeth lashes are very poor and I don't even have oily eyelids...maybe if I don't apply it with so much water it'd stay put...anyway I'd love to try some of gel liner from BB and see if that one have more staying power!

on 4/19/2004 4:07:00 PM

looks fresh and stays put all day! even using every day this has lasted over a year. well worth the cost.

on 2/29/2004 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This isn't the easiest product in the world to use--soft pencils are much easier--but with a steady hand, you can get a clean, fine line that defines the eye and looks really wonderful. The deep blue looks great with my green/gold eyes and I think one pan will last the rest of my life so the cost doesn't really matter!

on 1/29/2004 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

At a recent visit to the Laura Mercier counter to try foundation the MA showed me how to apply this cake eyeliner into my lash line and WOW the blue just really brought out the color in my eyes. You can't really tell I'm wearing eyeliner because it doesn't show up above the lash line but what a difference it makes. I've only been using this for a few days and I still haven't mastered the application technique - I have to apply before all other makeup so I can clean up. But it's worth taking the extra time for the effect. Like everyone else I hate the cheap looking plastic packaging (especially since this is $20) but I really love this product. UPDATE: I ended up returning this to Nordstrom's - every time I used it it made my eyes water like crazy and then kind of ran, making me look like I had dark circles. Oh well. Guess my eyes are sensitive to this stuff. I've found that Trish McEvoy's midnight definer has the same effect without irritating my eyes.

on 11/2/2003 1:06:00 PM

I bought this on a whim, attracted to the color but not believing a cake eyeliner would really give me the results I wanted. Wrong! This is just... fantastic. I love dark blue/indigo eyeliners, but my two favorites (EL Ink Writer and L'Oreal Indigo Smoker) either don't last long enough or tend to smudge. I have neither problem with this cake eyeliner. It goes on beautifully - it's very easy to control a thin line vs. thick - and it lasts forever!!!! That's not something I expected. This actually outlasts my BB gel eyeliner. I can put it on in the morning and find I still have eyeliner on in the afternoon! For a heavy eye cream user with oily lids, that's a miracle in itself. And the color is so pretty - a dark bluish-indigo. I think this would be great for someone scared by the idea of "blue" eyeliner - this is just so subtle-looking and attractive. I have green eyes but I'm betting this looks good on just about everyone.

on 10/17/2003 2:42:00 PM

I love the look of liquid/cake liners , and this one is excellent! The dark navy blue really makes my brown eyes pop! I use a wet eyeliner brush to apply, long-lasting as well, more of a dramatic look.

I love this product! This navy blue liner makes my brown eyes stand out. It doesn't smear, smudge and is practically waterproof. Will buy again in a heartbeat.

on 4/22/2003 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I never thought I would ever use a blue eyeliner! I am a redhead with hazel eyes. But the makeup artist used this on me during a recent makeover and it was wonderful! I was wearing sandstone and cognac eyeshadows, so I wouldn't have thought to pair blue with those, but it doesn't look blue really, just isn't as harsh as black. I bought a Stila push brush to apply it and it's wonderful. I'm using this all the time now in all different combinations. I'm getting aubergine next!