Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

Water, Glycerin, Oleic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 5, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG CLEANSER <3333.

Seriously, this stuff removes my make-up, doesn't irritate my sensitive, acne-prone skin, and helps to clear my existing blemishes. It's the perfect cleanser to use before an anti acne product. And, it's not expensive.

I use the fragrance-free version.

I've been using this for about a month, and so far so good. I have spent ridiculous amounts of money buying expensive brands looking for my perfect cleanser (Clinique, Kiehls, Mario Badescu, Lush, Korres, etc.). Some worked better than others, but none seemed to give the kind of results I wanted for that kind of money. So one day at Target, I just decided to grab this and see, thinking if it didn't work, at least it's only like $6 or something. So far, it's working great. I had a couple small blemishes when I started using this and they went away very quickly and no more have popped up since then. It has not dried me out of caused any problems. I have not noticed any bad smells or any residue. It's nothing special, but it does the trick! I would say as of right now, it is working just as well, if not better, than the expensive products I had been using, but at a fraction of the cost. I'll stick with it as long as it's working! I'll update if there are any changes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

completely sucked the moisture out of my face. it cleaned up okay, but left me with this awful tight feeling.. too bad.. i wanted to like this..

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this cleanser the other night at CVS.. and I has been my 4th time at CVS in the past month to find the right cleanser for my face. Just like the other reviews said.. this is a very gentle cleanser and fregrance free. I have tried cetaphil (both cleaners) and one burned my skin and the other didnt feel like it was claning anything. I have been very careful what is going on to my skin because I cant use anything with fragrance in it anymore. it was like all of a sudden my face became VERY sensitve to everything... I have tried the organic and natural approach on skincare.. but some fruit or root I end up allergic to and then I have a massive breakout on my chin.. its crazy.. so I wash my face in the morning with this.. and I use TRUSTY old Ponds cold cream at night to cleanse my face and then use Jajoba oil as a moisturizer and then grapeseed oil in the morning as a moiturizer.. My face has never been happier and glowing.. and I dont have an oily slick anymore.. I finally have normal skin!

Update May 4, 2011: I knocked off one star since it stings if it gets in my eyes. I have also stopped using this, and am far more impressed by Bubble & Bee's Pineapple Face wash, which is also glycerin based. The diff is that I can use the B&B cleanser on my eyes without any irritation, and the addition of pineapple enzymes helps keep my pores clear. It's ingredients are far more natural and the B&B cleanser is far more effective.
Wow!!! I am impressed. I get bored with products, and have tried many frou-frou overpriced 'high-end' cleansers over the years. BUT THIS is a huge winner! I love it! It leaves my skin perfectly and comfortably squeaky clean! This is really helping keep my clog-prone pores clear. Unlike Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser, it does not leave my skin feeling dry. My skin is so smooth since I've been using this! I think that I have found the facial cleanser that I am finally going to stick with.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this product for over ten years and continue to go back to it....even when I try something else, I end upgoing right back to it (which means that the other products do not work as well as this). One pump takes away all the dirt and makeup from your face without overdrying your face. One bottle lasts me a year....so its all worth the $8 that I just spent for it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hmmmm.........I'm glad to see that so many people like this cleanser. I will admit that it takes off my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (not too many cleansers can do that). But then again I think this stuff could strip paint off of a wall. It's such a STRONG product. No matter how tight I keep my eyes closed, it always gets in my eyes and burns the dickens out of them. My moderately oily skin feels so tight after using this product, albeit clean. I'm still looking for my HG cleanser that will take off my makeup, leave my skin comfortable and not break me out.

Okay, so this is the best cleanser I have ever used. Period. I am a Sephoraholic, and have tried cleansers that cost 50 bucks and even higher. Yet, I keep coming back to Liquid Neutrogena. It is a staple on my bathroom counter, and always will be I'm fairly sure. It clears my skin up beautifully, and really gets it clean without ever drying it out. This isn't an easy task for a cleanser, as I have combination skin. It's absolutely perfect.

I am on my second bottle of this. I tend to use Neutrogena skin care because it's easier to find items without oil, alcohol and fragrance. I previously used up a bottle of Neutrogena's fresh Foaming cleanser, but by the end it dried my skin and felt (and smelt) too much like detergent. So when i was next in the pharmacy, I picked up Liquid Neutrogena. It had no adverse reactions on my skin, and I find it removes makeup well, so I have repurchased.

I would recommend it for anyone who wants a cleanser that does its job without any added extras (vitamins, AHAs, BHAs etc) for a reasonable price.

I think I have found my ultimate face cleanser. I probably would have never tried this if I hadn't forgotten my facial cleanser on my vacation. The friend I was staying with uses this so I used it all week and was just shocked how much I like it. I immediately went out and bought my own when I got home.

In the past I had used Cetaphil for sensitive skin, but that felt like it left a film or didn't remove all of my makeup. Then I switched to Alpha Hydrox, which does clean better and is relatively gentle, but was too drying for me. Liquid Neutrogena is the perfect balance between the two. It is very gentle, cleans well, I do not have to scrub my face for it to work, it has no added perfumes, and it doesn't dry out my skin. I use Ponds Cold Cream to remove my makeup and this gently removes any film left from that product without irritating my skin or stripping it from moisture. I have very acne-prone skin and since using this I've noticed improvement with smoother more radiant skin. In the past 2-3 months I've also been on a retinoid and have changed to a healthier lifestyle (especially diet), but I think this was the final piece of the puzzle that I needed.

I would highly recommend others to try this. And if it doesn't work for your face, this also makes a great hand soap or cleanses for makeup brushes. Great all-around, multi-use product!!