July 28, 2014 | 1008 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kelsha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmmm.........I'm glad to see that so many people like this cleanser. I will admit that it takes off my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (not too many cleansers can do that). But then again I think this stuff could strip paint off of a wall. It's such a STRONG product. No matter how tight I keep my eyes closed, it always gets in my eyes and burns the dickens out of them. My moderately oily skin feels so tight after using this product, albeit clean. I'm still looking for my HG cleanser that will take off my makeup, leave my skin comfortable and not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 7:00:00 AM More reviews by GoddessofGlam

Okay, so this is the best cleanser I have ever used. Period. I am a Sephoraholic, and have tried cleansers that cost 50 bucks and even higher. Yet, I keep coming back to Liquid Neutrogena. It is a staple on my bathroom counter, and always will be I'm fairly sure. It clears my skin up beautifully, and really gets it clean without ever drying it out. This isn't an easy task for a cleanser, as I have combination skin. It's absolutely perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I am on my second bottle of this. I tend to use Neutrogena skin care because it's easier to find items without oil, alcohol and fragrance. I previously used up a bottle of Neutrogena's fresh Foaming cleanser, but by the end it dried my skin and felt (and smelt) too much like detergent. So when i was next in the pharmacy, I picked up Liquid Neutrogena. It had no adverse reactions on my skin, and I find it removes makeup well, so I have repurchased.

I would recommend it for anyone who wants a cleanser that does its job without any added extras (vitamins, AHAs, BHAs etc) for a reasonable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by donnaditalia

I think I have found my ultimate face cleanser. I probably would have never tried this if I hadn't forgotten my facial cleanser on my vacation. The friend I was staying with uses this so I used it all week and was just shocked how much I like it. I immediately went out and bought my own when I got home.

In the past I had used Cetaphil for sensitive skin, but that felt like it left a film or didn't remove all of my makeup. Then I switched to Alpha Hydrox, which does clean better and is relatively gentle, but was too drying for me. Liquid Neutrogena is the perfect balance between the two. It is very gentle, cleans well, I do not have to scrub my face for it to work, it has no added perfumes, and it doesn't dry out my skin. I use Ponds Cold Cream to remove my makeup and this gently removes any film left from that product without irritating my skin or stripping it from moisture. I have very acne-prone skin and since using this I've noticed improvement with smoother more radiant skin. In the past 2-3 months I've also been on a retinoid and have changed to a healthier lifestyle (especially diet), but I think this was the final piece of the puzzle that I needed.

I would highly recommend others to try this. And if it doesn't work for your face, this also makes a great hand soap or cleanses for makeup brushes. Great all-around, multi-use product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as a hand soap in my master bath because it cleans well, doesn't leave my hands dry, doesn't have a scent (if you buy the unscented), and the packaging is great. I'm almost through the bottle and I finally started using it on my face. And it's a great cleanser: really takes off makeup without scrubbing, rinses easily, and doesn't leave a film. Certainly worth a try especially if you wear full eye makeup and don't want to spend the time or money on a makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Tiya_Archer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, I have been snubbing this for years. I never really picked up the bottle in the store to see "Fragrance Free" on the front -- for some reason, I always assumed this product had fragrance it it (I think many years ago, I used the amber soaps and they had a smell I didn't like -- I'm still wondering if that was indeed Neutrogena, so probably my bad.) Anyway, I picked a bottle of this up because I recently got contact lenses, and they recommended a clear, fragrance free cleanser on hands prior to putting lenses in. I was having issues with my lenses with our regular hand soap, along with using Neutrogena Fresh Foaming on my hands. My daughter, who is now 9, also needs to start a good skincare routine, so I thought this stuff would probably be good for her face. I reluctantly used it on my face one morning (I tend to have very sensitive dry skin) and I actually like this product better than Fresh Foaming. No stinging and my skin didn't dry out. I'm not sure which is better for my drier skin in the winter -- (Fresh Foaming or this one) I might have to switch back and forth in Summer and Winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by thejennator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(phew. Sorry for the excessive exclamation points!)

I have used all sorts of crap to get rid of zits. After trying ProActiv and finding the results mediocre, I almost considered going to the derm. However, my mom(a biologist who works in pharmaceuticals) advised against it because of harmful side effects of medication, and a strong chance that I would built up an antibiotic resistance. One night, I just got so angry at myself and my scarred, acne-ridden crap skin I almost started bawling. School was starting soon and I could NOT go through another year of heavy makeup and painful pimples. I had this on my bathroom counter for quite a while, but I had been trying other products so I hadn't even bothered to use this for months. I gave this another chance, and my skin felt GREAT. It was clean, the oil was gone, all my makeup was taken off effectively, and my zits seemed to get smaller. I had only started using toner and moisturizer and BP a year ago, and since then, my skin seemed to get worse. So I tried a new skincare routine. I used this and ONLY this twice a day, morning and night. If I needed to, I would dab Neutrogena 2.5% BP spot treatment on certain zits. It's only been 3 days, and my skin is SIGNIFICANTLY clearer. I almost can't wait until I can wash my face with this stuff again!

The only slight problem is that it is quite drying, so I would not recommend this for girls with dry skin or even combo skin. However, it's nothing my tinted moisturizer can't help! Also, it may sting to get this in your eyes, so don't use to it take off eye makeup. This product is so great, I won't even take a lippie off for this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by poodlelova14

Overall Rating: 5 lippies! Yay!

Price: 1 lippie! Yay!

Packaging: 5 lippies! I like the pump!

Yeah, I'll buy it again I guess...

Well, I've been wanting to try this stuff for a while. I always see ads for it in Allure and all those other beauty mags. My great aunt uses Lancome, La Mer and other expensive brands to moisterize with but she only uses this to wash her face with. I usually pick up the Purpose cleanser when I'm going to buy a drugstore cleanser. I always go back to Purpose. but I decided to try this. It's very basic. It cleans my face and leaves me with that sqeaky clean feel. I think it's one of those cleansers you should try if you've never tried it. And you'd only be out $5 is you don't like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by WHEEitxCKWON

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In my opinion, this cleanser was horrible for me. I have combo skin, oily T-zone with moderately dry cheeks. After using this product my skin became dull and began to break out a bit, but then again everybody's skin is different so you'll get different results. This cleanser gave a really squeaky clean feeling afterwards and was a bit drying but that could be fixed with some moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have literally been using this product since I was 14 years old, and have always come back to it. If I break out from another cleanser, I go back to this and everything clears up. It doesn't dry my skin out either. It gets really foamy too, which I like. A tip that helps me is to wash your face for at least 45 seconds. I used to just throw on this soap then wash it off, but it works much better if you wash for a longer time. Lastly, my skin usually gets "immune" to products and they stop working after time. Not with this -- consistently great. Cheap too (comparatively speaking).