April 23, 2014 | 1792 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lojo699

Love this primer for 2 reasons: It helps my foundation stay on twice as long. Secondly, my foundation applies a lot smoother onto my face for a flawless finish. A staple for my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After tried several other primers, such as Smashbox, Chanel, MAC, I come back to Laura Mercier. I will say this is the ONE. Smashbox is good if you want to fill in fine lines and pores. Chanel is good but too expensive. MAC (not the SPF 50 one) won't hold the makeup through out the day. Laura Mercier primer make my liquid foundatioin stay on put and color true all day long! You need put little bit more (like pea size) to make it work better. I can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by oneofakind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product a year ago when I was still wearing various liquid foundations - I hated it. It did nothing to preserve the foundation from coming off before the end of the day. Recently, I started using Bare minerals foundation which made my skin look so nice at the beginning of the day, but once again, by the end of the day looked like crap (still on in some areas, completely gone in others). I tried various changes in my skincare/makeup routine - ideally, I wanted dewy, consistent coverage that stayed on until the end of the day. The other day I randomly decided to give this primer another chance and I am SO glad I did. Apparently, it sucks for liquid foundation but is a MIRACLE for powder foundation. The first day I could not believe my eyes when I looked in the mirror after work. This was the piece to the puzzle that had been in my drawer the whole time! Highly recommend it for use with at least bare minerals foundation, not sure about other mineral or powder foundations.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by hezeru80

this is the firsst primer i have ever used, and now that i have tried, i dont want to ever wear foundation without it! I bought this after reading positive reviews from other users, and i am very happy. It is a clear gel consistency, unscented, neither drying nor sticky, and you don't feel it on your face. I use a mineral powder foundation, but lately have found with my skin getting dryer it has been going blotchy and flaky. So I have been using this primer underneath for 3 days now and everytime I am very pleased with how smooth and even the primer has made my foundation look. I also use less foundation now which means less caking and a more natural look, but still flawless. I suppose you can try various foundation formula, but the secret to a really great finish is actually using a primer underneath, and no cosmetic consultant has ever told me that! The primer also helps to make my make-up lasst longer, stops my face going oily withou drying it out. I can get away without using oil-blotting paper for longer now, probably just once or twice a day instead of every 2 hours. Definitely works for me

**Edit: don't know if that is normal but I keep noticing a rank smell from this primer, kinda offensive actually, even though ti doesn't affect its performance. Has it gone "off" or just its natural smell? Hmmmm.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by jmotluck

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying multiple primers, I find this one works for me. Smashbox has too much silicone, Giorgio Armani made me break out, Korres was just okay. I use this with the LM tinted moisturizer and it makes my skin look great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by shiranthi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't live without this primer! I have tried a couple of others - MAC (for eg) but keep returning to this. Unlike MAC, the LM primer is clear and doesn't show up as a whitish film on my NC45 skin. My skin is dehydrated with only a little shine on the T-Zone in summer, so I mainly use this product to give lasting power to my makeup..and it does! I have tried the hydrating version also, which gives my skin a lovely glow. I don't use this in summer however as my skin gets a little bit of shine on its own.

Application: Only a pea size amount is required per application. The trick is to massage the product a little, between your fingers first, then massage lightly onto the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by puppyluv2620

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

first of all never have i ever purchased a full size foundation primer by any company. i always seem to have enough points at sephora to pick up another one to try or i get them as sample sizes in swaps and it tends to take me a while to go through them manily because i never thought they worked. most of them made my face oily throughout the day and my skin is not that oily and i never saw any difference in my pores except maybe they were bigger looking. so anyway i had enough points at sephora to chose a product and i was low on my nars foundation primer sample so i decided to pick up the laura mercier foundation primer. i've used it for about 2 weeks now and its amazing. my face stays matte all day, my foundation stays put, even my highlight stays on my cheekbone whihc is something i had a problem with fading rather quickly. my pores are basically invisible so i can use a mac msf for blush now over this primer. this is by far the best one i have ever used and i have sampled a ton. it has not broken me out yet and if it does that will be very unfortunate because i love this stuff. i am very skeptical of primers because i just never thought they were necessary or would actually do what they said but this one honestly does work really well for me. i'm not sure how much the full size costs but at this point i don't really care. i'll be purchasing it anyway because to me it is worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by liveitup

I really like this product. This was the primer I've ever bought but I neglected it because I was on a make up frenzy phase. But I just picked it up again and realized that, of all the primers I've used before, this one is definitely one of the best.

It really smooths out my skin and fills in all my pores. I have the Oil-Free product and it does keep me matte somewhat throughout the day - other primers would not mattify my face despite it's oil-free and shine-control labels. I like how the consistency doesn't feel all slimy and silicon-y. It just feels like any other moisturizer/lotion (but one that dries very fast on your face). I've completely changed my face routine at the beginning of the year (which includes this primer) and I'm happy to say my breakouts have been very minimal to none. No idea if it's the other products I'm using or whether it's just a coincidence, but I'll give it the benefit of my doubt. :)

I agree though, the smell is horrible, but once you get used to it, it's not that bad. I'd buy this product again hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by formerfatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This smooths my skin and appears to minimise pores, it also fixes my foundation like glue. I've used it under BB skin foundation with no balling. I like the fresh look it leaves on the skin so sometimes just use this and concealer where needed with no foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I got a couple sample packets of this when I purchased the mineral powder last fall. I think I used one packet three times and I still have some left. It does leave your skin soft and silky but for me it's an extra step and product that I really don't need. LM's mineral foundation is just about perfect in every way all by itself, so I didn't see any real enhancement by using this product before applying it. Maybe it works better with the liquid foundation. The "mineral, oil-free, and hydrating" primer formulas contain silicones but this one doesn't.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Tidecyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Allantoin, Retinyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Citrus Auraantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Honey Extract (Mel), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 40 (CI 16035).