November 24, 2014 | 1758 users online

Liquid - Sisley - Oil Free Fluid Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by KawaiiKitten

Me: very fair with redness that I would like to hide. Product: this is a thin textured foundation that smooths on evenly & doesn't dry so fast that you can't blend it around. It is scented. I don't think the lightest shade is quite as light as I would like it to be but it's a pretty good match & it is covering my redness so I'm pleased. I am sensitive to silicones & fragrance but this has given me no trouble at all. Result: I might have found a HG foundation! :) The price is a bit frightening but, wisely timed, I can get with generous samples at NM or Saks & the bottle will probably last a long time (I only need two pumps per use) so I will be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by honest

I love this foundation. I tried a few samples in "Sand" (a new shade) and I love it. you only have to use a little. I am NC35 in MAC. I have combo skin with some flaky...areas and this foundation doesn't accentuate the patchy areas on my face when I have occasional dry spots. Not many foundations are lightweight enough to not accentuate wrinkles and dry spots and provdide excellent coverage all at the same time. It's awesome. And it lasts through one whole work day. Amazing. It is pricy. But worth it. I would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't bought this foundation, neither did I use a sample. A male friend of me, uses this always, so that convinced me that this will be natural. I don't find it to be true: the color neutral is orange on me (and on him!) and it is definetely not for normal to dry skin. I would say mixed skin can use this. If the color would be good and it would be a little more emollient it would be a very good one. The +: long staying powder, easy to blend and I believe it has some calming effects too. Will not buy simply cause it's not for my skintype but that doesn't make it a bad foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by cnmaui66

I love this foundation! I have moderate acne, oily t-zone & dry everywhere else (a terrible combo to deal with). This foudation covers post scaring, redness & wears beautifully thoughout the day. The colors are limited but they do stay true as the day goes by & the oil kicks in. The bottle w/air tight pump can't beat & a litlle goes a long way when applied w/my brush. Very pricey ($88.00) but worth it! Color - Ivory

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2006 5:43:00 AM More reviews by ginaychen

this foundation is the best on the market. though it's bery pricey, it really does what other foundations can't do:
- just a tiny little gives excellent coverage.
- oil-free and non-comedogenic. i have very sensitive and acne prone skin,
and this thing hasn't broken me out yet. and the 3 different botanical
extracts in it seem to calm the skin down.
- though it's oilfree, it is very moisturing unlike all other oil-free products
on the market. so it doesn't accentuate lines or form patches.
- looks extremely natural. feels and looks like baby skin coz my frds told me
so. i guess it's because of the unique light reflecting pigment it has.
- staying power is the best ever. never wears off. barely need touch-up. don't
use finishing powder coz then the baby-skin like look will be gone.

the downside, for some people, would be the price($88 in Neiman Marcus) and
the limited color selection. but if you are lucky enough to find your shade,
you'll be addicted coz you'll find out that a little bit goes a long way so it isn't that expensive in a sense.
EDIT:hate to say this but i realized it breaks me out becoz it's silicon based.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by helene_helene

It is a very decent foundation but i believe there must be some cheaper and better substitute on the market.
I totally agree with the above user about the choice of colour, I'm nc30 and i have to use 'ivory' becuase the other colors are way too pink.
However, i've got very ance prone skin and this foundation seems to help clam it a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 7:25:00 AM More reviews by codydan85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation its perfect! I suppose the choice of colour is a bit limited and apart from the slight yellowness colour in it and no spf its absolutely perfect. I use 02 soft beige. Great to use on a evening out due to having no spf in it and also caused no break outs of spots. I've just finished my first dispenser and will rebuy as soon as I can. Definitely the best foundation I have ever used!!! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2006 10:56:00 PM More reviews by snow_ice

I'm not sure if this is the one I'm using but what i'm using is called "Phyto teint Eclat". Anyway Sisley foundation is great! I was choosing among BB, GA, LM but somehow I ended up with Sisley because my parents said it's good. I'm using Ivory #01 and it matches my skin perfectly! Coverage is medium which gives a natural look. The skin is glowing, the texture is light and not greasy. Easy to blend. The only thing I dont like is the pump.. even the BA also complains about it so hopefully Sisley will come up with a new pump : D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2006 6:36:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

This is a divine foundation. I have already many foundations (chantecaille, BB, SM, shu, chanel, cle de peau, etc.), but after trying some samples of this one, I'm hooked. It's lightweight, and goes on very smooth (even without primer) without any sticky feeling. It covers minor imperfections very well, feels truly weightless on skin, and provides a very natural luminouos semi matt finish (not flat or chalky at all like many oil free fdtns). Although it's oil free, it does not sit on fine lines/ accentuate flakes (in fact it hide flakes better than cream fdtns) and does not dry out my already dry-ish skin. It lasts long, too. I don't think I can wear this fdt in colder months, but in spring/ summer, it's great. As other reviewers said, the shade selection is not great. If you're very fair PPP, you will not be able to find a match because the lightest color (01) is already around NC 20-25. Darker shades looked quite orange. If you have normal to slightly dry or oily skin and like natural finish & are lucky to find a color match, you'll love this one! My gripe is its packaging. You cannot control the amount you need from the pump, so there's some wastage. & for this price, the bottle could have been prettier. I will buy again next spring/ summer. ***Update Jul 2007*** I still think it's a very good foundation, but I found a better one: by Terry Teint plumping fluid foundation. It's more moisturizing than sisley, but still light and not oily/greasy at all. If you like the texture of sisley oilfree fdt but want to try something which is more moisturizing, it'll be a great product. & By Terry shade selection is fantastic (very sophisticated) for lighter skintones.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Emilee_ann_143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this is one of the best foundations ever! THe only downside is that I bought a color that is too light for my skin. I will go back and get the darker color, but its sooo expensive! I love the feel and consistency of it tho. It's so light and not greasy at all. Maybe I havent used enough foundations (Estee Lauder, Shiseido, Laura Mercier, MAC) but it is so far one of the best. I'm still soo mad that I got such a light color!!!