Vaseline Vaseline

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

I've been using Vaseline on my lips for years and it is a great and inexpensive product. I only use chap stick to prevent chap lips (that is what chap stick is for), like when it's cold and/or windy outside but when my lips actually get chapped (which is rare for me) I put on Polysporin before bed, you cant lick your lips with this on so it's best to put it on right before you actually fall asleep and probably not good for kids... This works great for me and heals them fast.
Vaseline is used to protect your lips and hold in moisture keeping them nice and soft. If i notice any dry skin on my lips, i brush them with my toothbrush a little while I'm brushing my teeth and then put on my Vaseline before bed. Its great!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE Vaseline! It's a basic drugstore product that helps clear up and paper cuts, sores or scratches. Once I had a cut on my lip, so I put some Vaseline on it and it disappeared overnight. I apply some on my cheeks every once in a while because that's where my skin is really dry, and it makes the skin there a lot smoother and nicer. Vaseline rocks!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect for keeping my lips moisturised at home and part of my night routine. Very economical as well. Good also on dry body skin - like the elbows and heels.

The biggest misunderstanding most people have is that vaseline doesn't moisturise so if you do have dry lips, this will do little. What it does do, and why it is so universally loved is that the waxy, oiliness of the petroleum prevents loss of moisture, therefore keeping you lips of wherever you chose to put it soft.
Some people don't but I like the feel of it, but I often find myself rubbing my lips because they feel so silky with it on. I use is as a lipgloss (shovelling it on) if I'm wearing lipstick as I find that wearing too much all day makes my lips dull coloured. I've also never got the gross white stuff on the inside of my mouth which I've heard about.
Also very good for travelling, small tin, and if your prone to dryness on planes you can put a tiny amount on and actually get minimal shininess.
Only problem is that the tin can often get stuck and be a pain in the ass to open as there's nothing to hold on to.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

In moisturizing my lips, I must say that Vaseline works wonders. I apply it every night and I had very soft and supple lips in merely two days!

I also love applying Vaseline sometimes when I go out because it gives a healthy shinny glow as if I have clear lipgloss on but minus the sticky feeling.
The downside is I find it unhygienic to scoop it up using my fingers to apply it on my lips. Therefore, I resulted in purchasing a lip brush.

I also found it very inconvenient to bring it around so I only use this at home.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Best lip moisturizer ever ! Makes my lips super soft and glossy. I have the small travel size that I carry around in my purse, and sometimes that isn't the best because the top comes off and I have to fish around my purse to find it. But other than that it is cheap and works !

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Why on earth did I wait so long to try this?? My lips are often dry and peeling. Last night, I slathered vaseline on them before bed. After that one night, there is visible improvement! I kept doing double takes in the mirror because my lips just look so smooth and healthy. They feel very soft, too. This is definitely becoming a part of my night-time regimen.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My lips are terrible, always always dry. This is the only thing that will really get them looking smooth and not peeling. I've tried many different chapsticks and none of them are as good as this.

Now I just put this on my lips, and then go over with my current lipchap or lipgloss. perfect! and feels so nice....

I spread this over my lips when I feel a dry spell coming on. I don't know why petrolatum is supposedly bad for your lips. The only complaint, which is overriden by the cheap price and effectiveness, is that if I put it on when I go to bed, it smothers all over my face. So I wear this home alone.

Great for lips and amazing as an eyeshadow base!! I haven't used it for much else but it locks in moisture in those areas and I will probably always keep this as a beauty staple in my collection...

Top Rated Vaseline Products