December 19, 2014 | 773 users online

Lips - Vaseline - Vaseline

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by nonplussed

Why on earth did I wait so long to try this?? My lips are often dry and peeling. Last night, I slathered vaseline on them before bed. After that one night, there is visible improvement! I kept doing double takes in the mirror because my lips just look so smooth and healthy. They feel very soft, too. This is definitely becoming a part of my night-time regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sulci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My lips are terrible, always always dry. This is the only thing that will really get them looking smooth and not peeling. I've tried many different chapsticks and none of them are as good as this.

Now I just put this on my lips, and then go over with my current lipchap or lipgloss. perfect! and feels so nice....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by regretia

I spread this over my lips when I feel a dry spell coming on. I don't know why petrolatum is supposedly bad for your lips. The only complaint, which is overriden by the cheap price and effectiveness, is that if I put it on when I go to bed, it smothers all over my face. So I wear this home alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for lips and amazing as an eyeshadow base!! I haven't used it for much else but it locks in moisture in those areas and I will probably always keep this as a beauty staple in my collection...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No matter how many chapsticks/lip balms I use, I seem to come back to this one eventually. It's thick and moisturising, doesn't really smell of anything, it's clear (great for use under lipsticks) and also, contains no mentholatum (as an allergic rhinitis sufferer, mentholatum lip balms are the bane of my existence lol). Reliable stuff. However, it wipes away pretty easily too...after a glass of water you'd need to reapply the stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by gagajm

i love this stuff
i hate how u have to dig ur nails into the pot eventually HOWEVER in a mistake turned amazing i left this in my car on its side in the middle of a heat wave. lets just say it melted sideways in the jar. absolutely amazing i think, ive never had Vaseline in my nails again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by rachellechar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

best product ever!!! easy to apply, cheap and it is not too sticky like kiehl's lip balm. i swear by this item.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Doesn't really take a genius to figure out how to use this does it? ;) So it slicks on pretty easily but it feels quite thick and waxy. I try my best to reserve judgement because some of the more intensive balms are thicker to fully moisturise and plump your dry lips back up. It doesn't really look obvious when you wear this because it's transparent, but it does give your lips a really glossy look depending on how much you put on. It has no real scent either. A guy could definitely get away with using this to moisturise his lips.

If I am perfectly honest, the texture of this was so thick that I really wanted to wipe it off after 5-10 minutes but due to the fact I had to give it a fair test for the book I left it on for an hour or so. After that I just had to wipe it off and give my lips a break before reapplying it. I am not sure why I find thicker lip treatments so unpleasant but they feel to me like lipstick. Obviously this is petroleum, but it is really thick, heavy and oily. The only lip balm I've used which was this heavy before was one including SPF protection, and this doesn't. On the plus side it makes dry lips feel soothed from the first application and does not wear off quickly if you talk/eat/drink so it'll stay put if you want it to for quite a while.

After a few days I found that the results were underwhelming for the unpleasantness of wearing this. It kept my lips reasonably moisturised if they were already in a good condition but it wouldn't heal cracks like my usual raspberry lip balm would.

The major advantage of vaseline is that it is dirt cheap. I get it for 99 pence! Other advantages are that it's easy to carry around as it's small...but the little tub is sometimes a pain. On certain days I can't open the lid. Also if you've just moisturised your hands, forget about trying to open this! I prefer stick form lip treatments.
Vaseline stays on well and it does give a moist look to your lips. I think 99 pence is a very good price for this product if you don't mind how it feels on your lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Meh, my mom used it too, but I'd rather have shea butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My ultimate HG! Haha I've been using this since middle school, ever since I was tall enough to see my mom's beauty counter. She used it for everything - dry elbows, lips, around the hairline when she dyed her hair, etc. I have more oily skin than her so I don't put it on my face, but I will always put a thin amount on my lips. My lips are always slightly chapped and pale when not moisturized, so without it or some lipstick, I look like a zombie.

I religiously put this on at night and in the morning after I wash my face and brush my teeth. I have a huge tub in my bathroom, a small pot downstairs, and a bunch of tiny tubes in my purses for that touch up during the day. Ladies, for the price and the results, you can't turn this down!