August 28, 2014 | 1130 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this one - smells like a vanilla-y chocolate, creamy scented in a way. Not very strong, the coconut one is stronger scent-wise IMO, but I love the mini sizes...I can throw one in my purse and go. Well packaged and very hydrating - to me this is best for my hands and rough spots. Yes, it's greasy but it is a body butter. The scent, like I said is very nice and only slightly sweet, but I like them a bit stronger. Not horribly priced at $10 each, but you can get them chepaer on Ebay sometimes or they have BOGO sales on TBS website. If you are looking for a lightly scented vanilla-type body butter this one is for you. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of, if not my favourite Body Butter. I love everything about it! I fell in love with cocoa butter a long time ago when a pharmacist suggested it to help with the wintertime itchies, and even run of the mill cocoa butter lotions do help for that. However, this product does a much better job at healing itchy, red skin and soothing elbows and knees!

I've worn it through the cold winters and I have worn it while living in Asia in tropical weather. There it left my skin beautifully hydrated and smelling great. I could not find a great, inexpensive sunscreen where I was that wasn't pasty in texture so this helped to thin out the sunscreen and give my skin a sexy sheen.

I love the smell of this product too. It has a cleaner, more natural scent than other cocoa butter creams I find. Truthfully, my husband isn't big on cocoa butter, but my previous sweethearts have been. He's into the fruitier Body Butters, while I prefer the nuttier ones, but a male Body Shop SA once told me that Cocoa Butter Body Butter reminded him of "beaches and boys" and I agree. Yum!

The only problem with Body Butters is that they are so strongly scented that it's difficult to wear other fragrances with them as they become your primary scent, so choose wisely! Fortunately, Cocoa Butter and Ralph Hot are pleasant together.

I have purchased this four times and will continue to do so. I don't like the pots, but the texture of the butter is so thick I don't know what else they would be able to do!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably the best body moisturizer I have ever tried. In fact, I can't really think of anything that I *don't* like about this product. It's amazingly thick and buttery, but it glides over my skin so easily and feels like velvet going on. It's a heavier moisturizer so it does take a bit longer than your average body lotion to soak in but, for me, the results are completely worth it. After using this my skin gets the greatest glowy sheen to it, which I absolutely love. Also, the scent is great too. It's perfect because the scent is pleasant enough for me to enjoy on it's own (it's a soft, subtle, cocoa/vanilla/rice/shea kinda scent), but it also doesn't interfere with perfumes or other fragrances. Some think that this is too heavy for use in the summer, but I have dry skin so this works all year round for me. I think I'm done searching for the best body moisturizer- this is it, HG product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sorichsopretty

I LOVE THIS!!!!!! it's a great moisturizer, it smells amaazzinngg, & it's really cheap, so you can buy tons of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 6:55:00 AM More reviews by fqari84

My favorite body butter from TBS! moisturizes even the driest of areas (scaly elbows or feet for instance) leaving your skin soft and glowing...abit sticky initially but then I do not use this all over my body (I still feel this product is a bit too over-priced so I'm not willing to use this up too soon)...smells absolutely yummy with a choco vanilic scent that's not too overpowering like the other fruity butters available. Exfoliate in the shower before applying for best results. Will definately re-purchase this one. 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is luxurious and smells incredible. Its a real joy to use. This is a heavy body butter for dry, dry skin. Excellent for winter and probably year round for elbows and feet.

The scent is cocoa like, sensuous and very comforting. I use coconut (which isn't sweet but more cocoa scented) or almond body scrub and then this butter and am in heaven. A great product. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by parks906

i LOVE this product. i have extremely dry ashy elbows and cracked heels and this butter allows me to have soft skin (that don't scratch other people when my elbows touch them) and the best thing about it is that for people who sometimes skip a day or two, the after effects remain! :) (for a couple of days) sometimes i don't use the butter for a day or two yet my elbows are still babysoft! no other lotion or cream that i have tried - from bath&body works, vaseline, baby lotion, etc has achieved what palmers has. :) FIVE STARS! :)

also good for dry lips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I simply love this body butter. It smells great and moisturizes perfectly. You can layer with perfumes and it won't change the smell. This is my fav and must have for the winter months. I tried other body butters and they are simply not moisturizing at all..only fake smell! This one is AWESOME...smell, texture, and moisturizing! LOVE IT LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 6:00:00 AM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The Body Shop Body Butters are lovely thick creams for drier skin, luscious texture, and a very good deal compared to market peers. I've used the Body Butters in Brazil Nut, Cocoa, Coconut, Olive, and Shea. All are excellent; they are slightly scented, but not enough to produce allergic reactions. Other versions are available, but are more heavily scented or include some ingredients my skin isn't overly happy with, so I've not used them. The Butters also work well as winter hand- and foot-creams. How to choose amongst them?

The Cocoa Butter version is intended for very dry skin; it fulfills this purpose, but I didn't find it as moisturizing as the other Butter intended for very dry skin, the Shea. Also, the Cocoa doesn't smell as cocoa-ish as many other cocoa butter creams on the market. Slightly too sweet - more like the caramel scent of milk chocolate, than the dark, slightly bitter-coffee scent of dark chocolate and actual cocoa butter. There are better cocoa butters out there: Palmer's and JASON 100%, for instance.

Contains mainly soybean oil, cocoa and shea butters, and cyclomethicone (the "less heavy" silicone).

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by vanillaaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

it does it all for me!! our winter is the harshest on planet earth!! the most dry climat u can imagine.. yet i am armed with this baby early. i cant even believe the results myself. i used to have a very extreme dry skin.. now after layering my body with cocoa body after each shower.. my skin is well moustirized and soft. i never looked nor feeled more better in my entire life! i use it also for my feet when i go to sleep wearing socks :)