Olay Age Defying Revitalizing Eye Gel

3.2

INGREDIENTS: Water, Witch Hazel Distillate, Cucumber Extract, Glycerin, Panthenol, Hexylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglycerylmethacrylate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhizinic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Oil.

I like this product, but I am still wanting to try other lines. I've read about the Neutrogena counterpart in Allure, so I may just try that one next. Anyway, I gave this gel 4 lippies because overall it's ok. I woulda given it 3.5 lippes if that was possible. I'm still undecided on whether it's THAT effective in reducing lines, puffiness, and dark circles. It has a very cool effect when u put it on. I do like the gel-like texture. But like the other MUAers have already stated, it takes a heck of alot of time to absorb into the skin and hence yu have to give yourself a lot of time between applying this gel and applying your makeup. One time, I didn't wait and I ended up with dark, streaky eyeshadow.

on 4/18/2004 1:50:00 AM

This product is effective; however, it leaves a sticky film under my eye after application. I have used other products that are equally as effective without the sticky residue.

on 4/17/2004 10:38:00 PM

very good.

on 4/3/2004 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I started using this eye gel about 2 years ago because I was feeling like I'm getting older and should be using eye gel (I'm currently 24). I don't like to use it in the morning because (as other posters said) it takes a long time to sink in and then it doesn't work with my concealer (even after waiting 10-15 minutes for it to dry). Also a little bit does go a long way and the gel feels very nice and cooling. I'm currently looking for a new (hopefully inexpensive) eye gel/cream to wear to start preventing fine lines. I would recommend this eye gel to women who are looking for something cheap to wear at night that feels good.

UPDATE 5/4/04: I've been trying this eye gel again at night and it's gross! It makes my eye area all sticky and it's even still sticky when I wake up in the morning. I wanted to like it so much, but this baby went in the trash! continued >>

on 3/19/2004 10:30:00 AM

This is one of the only drugstore products that I can heartily recommend! I'm actually on my 3rd jar. I use the La Mer balm at night. But frequently use this during the day. I don't find it particularly moisturizing, but it really firms up and seems to brighten the under eye are. I don't usually use concealer on top of this. The sign of a good product is that it makes you look better and on the days I use this gel I constantly get compliments that I look great, have beautiful skin, etc.!

on 1/26/2004 7:26:00 PM

I used it for a couple years and liked it. It's gentle on the skin. I also liked the coolness of the gel. However, as I get older (now past 30), I simply find myself needing a more "nutritious" eye cream. So I moved on.

on 1/14/2004 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My sister said that this one is good and helps keeping her eyes out of line.

on 12/1/2003 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I went through four jars of this product over the years because 1)it's inexpensive and 2) I prefer gel for my eye area. I don't have very fine lines around my eyes so I prefer something that is light in texture, but this eyegel doesn't instantly sink in. I didn't like the fact that I had to wait several minutes for it to do so before I could apply eye makeup. It never stung my eyes, but then again my eyes aren't very sensitive. It didn't do anything for my undereye circles either. Ever since discovering this board, I realize there exists better potential eye gels so I will not be repurchasing for the time being.

on 9/14/2003 8:20:00 AM

it's not irritating and it does moisturize well enough, i have not developed new fine lines ever since i started using this. previously i was using loreal plenitude eye cream and i think this is a better product.

on 6/23/2003 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure I've noticed any significant reduction in the lines around my eyes, but this product works wonderfully to relieve puffiness and to provide a temporarily firmer appearance to the eye area. A little goes a long way and so it's an economical product too. Do wait until it is completely dry before you add any eye makeup to the area otherwise you might get some pilling. All in all a great product.