Aveda Clove conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Clove Extract (Organically Grown), Coffee Extract (Organically Grown), Sweet Almond Extract (Organically Grown), Wild Cherry Bark Extract (Organically Grown), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Organically Grown), Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Palm), Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Glycerin (Coconut), Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate (Rapeseed), Distearyldimonium Chloride (Coconut), Babassu Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol (Rice Bran), Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Beans), Dicapryl Ether (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (Mixed Plant), Cyclomethicone (Rapeseed), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (Cellulose), Sodium Citrate (Molasses), Citric Acid (Molasses), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel, Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant

on 5/30/2005 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE THIS!!! Makes my hair soft and shiny and deepens the colour of my hair to a rich medium brown. My natural colur is a little lighter and quite ashy. I use this after a gentle shampoo. I find I can mix it half and half with another conditioner and I still only need to use it a few times per week at most, so it's quite cost effective.

on 5/27/2005 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My natural hair color is black & decided to go wiith a friend to get my hair colored & came out blond. I was mortified & what made it worse was the next day was Monday. There was no way I could go to work looking like that. I recalled my friend using this after a botched hair coloring. I hunted high & low for it & was fortunate to find it at a drug store

Then only thing to know is that you have to really rinse your hair thorougly. This stuff also can get onto pillowcase but otherwise a lifesaver.

on 5/23/2005 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is such a great color conditioner! The smell is heavenly and the color deposit is adjustable - the longer you leave it on the more color that is deposited. I use this in between colorings and love the result. It maintains color and doesn't dry my hair out. My hairdresser has even commented on the effects.

on 5/15/2005 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love, love, LOVE this conditioner! I have long, fine hair and a lot of it, and after I made the decision to stop getting highlights (it was either that or start knocking over gas stations to pay for it), this really corrects the difference between my still-highlighted hair and my slightly darker regrowth. I also think it does a great job of conditioning my hair without feeling heavy or greasy. Just fundamentally a good product.

As with other reviewers, I would likewise suggest that you wash the tub or shower out well... this will stain. And I also apply this, comb through, and then twist into a bun to maximize the results before rinsing out. Works beautifully.

It is expensive, yes, but I only use it once every 7-10 days or so... if I used it every day it would be outrageous. I'd be better off just start getting highlights again! But as it is, it lasts a long time and it's fairly reasonable that way.

on 4/20/2005 1:34:00 PM

Oh my gosh! I love this stuff! I have my black hair higlighted to a brownish color and this Clove conditioner keeps my hair brown. Not a brassy red that I HATE! The price is not too great but for a such a great product, I will keep buying it. It makes my hair shiny. It is not as moisturizing as I like it to be but I use it after I use my moisturzing conditioner. I will def buy again!

on 2/9/2005 1:13:00 AM

This is so great. I have damaged ends that are lighter than my new growth. Kinda looks like sunbleached ends. I'm growing out and trying not to damage my hair any more until I get all the color grown out so obviously I'm tring not to color anymore. But I hate my multi level color and kinda fried colored ends. After only the first use of this poo & cond, my ends are blending nicely. I had tried this product a while back but only because I borrowed some from my mom so I didn't get much experience with it. Wish it weren't so expensive but it's the best color depositing line I've used.
Only downside, I don't find it extremely conditioning for my dry ends. I added a little of my regular conditioner once it had been on for a bit and that worked great. Adding a little regular conditioner can also dilute the very condensed color a little and help stretch this expensive bottle out. :)
Highly recommended.

on 1/24/2005 5:40:00 PM

I like this conditioner for the natural feel. Not soapy, nor slippery.

I apply this for 20 minutes for deeper treatment and it leaves my hair with a dark, henna like colour (subtle).

I also find the product lasts a long time which takes away from the heftier price.

nice smell.

on 1/13/2005 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this product. I must be on my third tube. It works as a great conditioner, leaving your hair really soft, and also leaves just enough colour deposit. It's really good for extending the life of your colour, if you dye your hair. I find that if you use it more than a few times a week it can be slightly drying, and it can also stain the bath if you don't rinse it away quickly, but I still think that the pros more than outweigh the cons. Will continue to repurchase. UPDATE: honestly this stuff is so messy, I don't think I will repurchase, it really messes up my white bath tiles!

on 1/13/2005 12:54:00 PM

I LOVE this, I must be on my third tube. It is quite expensive, but really lasts. It is a lovely conditioner, my hair always feels very soft after use. It leaves a subtle amount of colour deposit, and is great for maintaining colour if you dye your hair. Only bad point is that it can stain your bath if you dont quickly wash it away quickly, but apart from that its fabulous.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I found this conditioner to be very drying for such an outrageous price. Also, it's too dark and the they need more of a colour selection.