April 21, 2014 | 974 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Clove conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2005 1:34:00 PM More reviews by maddy04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my gosh! I love this stuff! I have my black hair higlighted to a brownish color and this Clove conditioner keeps my hair brown. Not a brassy red that I HATE! The price is not too great but for a such a great product, I will keep buying it. It makes my hair shiny. It is not as moisturizing as I like it to be but I use it after I use my moisturzing conditioner. I will def buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by meriellyn

This is so great. I have damaged ends that are lighter than my new growth. Kinda looks like sunbleached ends. I'm growing out and trying not to damage my hair any more until I get all the color grown out so obviously I'm tring not to color anymore. But I hate my multi level color and kinda fried colored ends. After only the first use of this poo & cond, my ends are blending nicely. I had tried this product a while back but only because I borrowed some from my mom so I didn't get much experience with it. Wish it weren't so expensive but it's the best color depositing line I've used.
Only downside, I don't find it extremely conditioning for my dry ends. I added a little of my regular conditioner once it had been on for a bit and that worked great. Adding a little regular conditioner can also dilute the very condensed color a little and help stretch this expensive bottle out. :)
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by divineviandi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this conditioner for the natural feel. Not soapy, nor slippery.

I apply this for 20 minutes for deeper treatment and it leaves my hair with a dark, henna like colour (subtle).

I also find the product lasts a long time which takes away from the heftier price.

nice smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. I must be on my third tube. It works as a great conditioner, leaving your hair really soft, and also leaves just enough colour deposit. It's really good for extending the life of your colour, if you dye your hair. I find that if you use it more than a few times a week it can be slightly drying, and it can also stain the bath if you don't rinse it away quickly, but I still think that the pros more than outweigh the cons. Will continue to repurchase. UPDATE: honestly this stuff is so messy, I don't think I will repurchase, it really messes up my white bath tiles!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by LuBe

I LOVE this, I must be on my third tube. It is quite expensive, but really lasts. It is a lovely conditioner, my hair always feels very soft after use. It leaves a subtle amount of colour deposit, and is great for maintaining colour if you dye your hair. Only bad point is that it can stain your bath if you dont quickly wash it away quickly, but apart from that its fabulous.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2005 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this conditioner to be very drying for such an outrageous price. Also, it's too dark and the they need more of a colour selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2004 12:59:00 PM More reviews by smdelacruz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love this product. smells nice. use 1-2x week to maintain color. helps extend highlights by at least 2 weeks. very worth it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2004 8:44:00 PM More reviews by lanae87

This is the best color-depositing conditioner I have ever used, with Redken coming in a close second. Unlike most color conditioners, this doesn't dry out my hair at all. My hair was soft shiny and my grays covered, well, temporarily at least! Very messy and will stain anything it touches if not rinsed off promptly, but to me it's worth every cent. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by tycho12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this after clarifying to boost my color. I like that it does just that, and does not leave a residue. It is not very moisturizing, but it does do a good job of light conditioning. It would be nice to have in a pump, but the tube is fine and relatively easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2004 11:13:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is good color-depositing product. My medium to dark brown hair had lighter brown highlights which were starting to look brassy-blonde, so I use this to maintain them. The color is wonderful after using this product! I find it only lasts from one shampoo to the next, however. It's decent conditioner, but I sometimes use another conditioner after it because my hair can feel dry. The only thing I hate about this is the SMELL. I am totally repulsed by the smell of lavender...I'm not sure why. I wish that this came in an unscented or lighter scented version.

Be careful what you spill this on - it stains everything in sight, and rinse it from your hands quickly!