April 25, 2014 | 1133 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not sure how I ever lived without this palette. Itís perfect! I have the darker-colored compact with the orange concealer (which is great for neutralizing blemishes and small dark spots). I rarely use it in the eye area, so Iím not sure how well it works there. But on the face itís very creamy and the color variety makes it simple to mix up the perfect shade. I use a few dabs of this over my foundation, set it with a bit of powder, and Iím off. Works like a charm and lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by uberuninspired

this works well for me, i use the orange to neutralise my dark circles, and then use the lighter brown to blend it all in. it's easy to blend, and doesn't look caked up on my skin like other concealers tend to do. i just don't know what to do with the 3 other colours! but definitely one of the easiest to use product i have come across

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a good concealer to hide undereye blue circles--This is not the palette for the job (in any color). The consistency of the concealer will show every crease and line under the eye making me look much older.

Overall, :( of disapproval

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Bijou113

I bought this after reading all the good reviews on it. For me it isn't a good undereye concealer. I find it to be a bit too thick and really makes is noticeable that you're wearing concealer. To use on your face to cover up blemishes it is fine. Will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product was ok for me. I've only used it 3x. It served it's purpose perfectly fine and it's great quality. It camouflages dark undereye circles and covers blemishes. But I was only able to use 2 flesh tone shades and the green. The others don't work with my skin tone. So I'm bummed that I have these other shades that are untouched and basically going to waste. I think it was a nice idea but so many shades are not necessary for those of us who prefer to keep things simple. I think next time I'll look for a concealer that has 2 concealer shades at most. So for the price and the shades that I was actually able to use... it was not worth it to me. I will not be purchasing this again. I think I'll try Laura Mercier next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by artistsararose

This is my never-leave-home-without product! I use it in color palette #1 (with the mint green color). I would die before I ever let this go! This palette is THEE perfect concealer must-have. The green is perfect for covering redness and acne, and the peach/orange-ish color is perfect for hiding dark, purple under eyes. I use this under a liquid foundation and it works WONDERS. I have not a single bad thing to say, although I wish the price was a slight bit cheaper, but it's Make Up For Ever so I suppose you should expect to pay Sephore-esque pricing for it. :) Still completely worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this concealer for a little over a year now. This is a great concealer for covering up those dark circles. It's very soft and creamy in comparison to MAC's Studio Finish Concealer. It's sheer with a full coverage effect, build-able, and easy to blend. Doesn't give you that cakey look under your eyes. Not so great for covering up blemishes and other major flaws. However, I do agree with some of the reviewers that said they can only use 1 or 2 shades of 5. That would be my only con as well. Nonetheless, the pallet was made for makeup artists who's clients have different color skin tones (which is understandable.)

I would probably repurchase if there were more colors in the pallet I could use. I'm going to try the "Full Coverage Concealer" and try to give a review on that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not sure why everyone hates this palette! I got the #1, and I'm really pale with reddish cheeks, especially in the summer. I use the green on my red spots, I use the fourth peachy color on my dark circles, put on foundation, and use the lightest color again on my circles to kind of even everything out. I use a mixture of the second and third colors to do any final concealing if I have any blemishes. The colors work great for me (not sure of my mac foundation color yet, but in the Revlon line I'm buff). I will definitely buy this again just because of how well it covers up my circles. It IS kind of hard to blend, but once it's on it stays put and conceals really well. Love!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by jellyfishkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You would think that a concealer palette gave you a variety of colors. I'm an NC40, and got the #3 palette. I could only use the fourth color in the whole palette, and it still didn't match my skin well. I looked up the shades that came with the palette and it has the same three shades as the #1. Uhh, what am I supposed to do with a porcelain colored concealer on my NC40 tan skin? I swatched it once and returned it a week later.

Besides color issues, the consistency was quite good, it did cover up very well. (It's similar to the MAC studio finish concealer but creamier). The packaging was nice and sleek too. If it came with the right shades, I would have definitely kept it.

I went to Sephora and looked at the #4 palette, and I still got the same problem. #4 shades were too dark and the #3 shades were too light. So I was unable to find a happy medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by kellid

I just received this today, but my first thought is that I wish I would of actually tried the palette in person because I am a NW20 and I found that I can only use 3 of the 5 colors. So far the green is great for covering my redness and I have been playing around with the 1st and 2nd colors as to which look better. Will update after I use longer...