Smashbox Soft Lights - Shimmer

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Carmine

on 2/13/2004 8:27:00 PM

I LOVE this product! I use it alone sometimes for a subtle pink natural glow on my cheeks and I also use this as a highlighter over my blush for a more dramatic look. This product lasts a long time and is perfect if you are looking for a natural look. I have had many compliments while wearing this. I have been a buyer of this product for 3 years now and I will keep buying, when you find something so good why try anything else? This is the best in my opinion.

on 7/23/2003 3:03:00 PM

Not very impressive. Doesn't look natural. This product is prefect for someone who wants a more drastic highlighter. But for the price ($26) I say pass. Smashbox products are not that great quality and way too expensive.

on 3/23/2003 10:27:00 AM

This is a slightly shimmery pressed powder with a touch of a pink/mauve tone that I found after a long search for a soft, subtle highlighting product that would work well on my cool-toned, fair skin.

I found most powder highlighters to be too yellow or gold for my complexion and most liquids looked overdone or did not blend well with my other makeup.

This gem solved all of those problems. I brush it on with a fan brush I got at Sephora and it gives a really nice subtle luminosity whereever I put it. I use it after all my other makeup is done and I lightly brush it on my temples, outer eyes, cheek bones, and chin.

It comes in a round container with a screw off lid about the size of a compact. The powder breaks easily if you drop it, even with the lid on. I did drop mine, so I transferred the then loose powder to a sifter type jar, and it works just as well. A bit pricey at $26, but I believe it would last quite some time with regular use.