July 24, 2014 | 1661 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Color Conserve

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Asphodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this makes my hair greasy and my scalp dry and itchy. maybe i'm allergic to some of the ingredients?

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2004 2:01:00 AM More reviews by RocketFireRed80

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have stopped using this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2004 2:42:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

Can't say this is among the best Aveda shampoos I have used. While it smelled great and lathered nicely, it left my hair a bit tangly and dry feeling. I didn't really notice a difference in the protection of my color either. I'll stick to the Blue Malva shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by collina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ended up using this because I had an Aveda coloring job. It's very silky and yummy-smelling. It leaves my hair so silky (it's kind of hard to wash out!) that I can almost skip conditioner--BUT my roots get oily faster when I use it. It's probably not the best silky root-oiling shampoo for smoothing. It does preserve my color, however. Will probably buy again at some point in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2004 9:51:00 AM More reviews by seborghi

I LOVE IT...After reading some of the reviews on this board, I purchased this product with some hesitation. I was expecting less than optimal satisfaction. Boy was I wrong..this product is an excellent choice for color treated hair. I used it along with its partner conditioner, about a week after my hair was colored. The shine, brilliance, and manageability of my hair was incredible. I have normal to dry hair and my color was fading quickly, and dulling in the past before using these products.
For the price of salon colored hair I think the price point on the Aveda products is reasonable, and for the shine and luster it achieves it is priceless!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2004 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The Aveda Color Conserve was not worth the money, in my opinion. Most of Aveda's hair and skin care products, as well as cosmetics, are on the expensive side, and this shampoo is no exception. 8 oz. of shampoo costs anywhere from 13-15 U.S. dollars. The shampoo contains very natural, earthy ingredients such as grape seed extract, Bitter Orange, Milk Vetch, and other strange herbal-sounding names mixed into a base of purified water.
All of the Mother Earth-y names couldn't get this shampoo to keep my hair clean, though. The day after shampooing, my hair felt weighted down, heavier than usual, and not clean and bouncy, the way hair should feel after washing it. I do not have oily hair, so the extra weightiness of the hair had to be from the hair product itself. I had conditioned my hair with a very light conditioner, also from Aveda, called "Sap Moss." I used a tiny bit of it, so I didn't attribute the heaviness of my hair after the shampoo/conditioner to be from that product.
I wouldn't buy Color Conserve again and, if I do buy an Aveda shampoo again, I will buy Shampure instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2004 12:23:00 PM More reviews by kristenb

I bought this for my highlighted hair, but I don't know that this necessarily makes any difference in preserving highlights if you don't go out in the sun so much. The smell is typical Aveda, and I like having color poo/conditioner products for when my highlights are brand new. I don't like the bottles...wish they were see-through so I could tell how much product has been used.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2004 1:17:00 AM More reviews by katya0026

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great shampoo for color-treated hair. It moisturizes hair and keeps it from drying out. My hair is always more manageable and healthy looking after using this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2004 4:29:00 PM More reviews by EmilySher

This is not bad, but not great. I have a few highlights, and I mean a few, so I don't really know why I bought it. What I gather from this shampoo is the concept is to smooth the cuticle shaft (vinegar) to make color look better, and somehow protect it as well, I don't know, no difference here.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2004 9:54:00 AM More reviews by IMAproductwhore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this shampoo (not heavy, nicely scented, meant for color-treated hair) until I learned that SLS products strip hair of color. Now using Eufora products. However, was quite content w/ Aveda CC before that news hit me...