November 21, 2014 | 1774 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this before blow drying to protect from heat damage. My hair is shiny, soft, and smooth without looking greasy/oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by joiedevivre29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

very nice! i have very thick, coarse hair with frizz, and this makes my hair very soft and tanglefree. i tried it on at night and the next morning i couldnt stop touching my hair! it doesnt completely eliminate frizz for me, but definitely reduces it. the best part is, it has a pleasant smell and is light: i don't feel like i have some product "sitting" on my hair, like i do with a lot of leave-in conditioners. ahhh..another great drugstore steal =) my only gripe is the bottle is hideous, and the pump on my bottle is malfunctioning somehow, but who cares about the packaging?! definite repurchase! go loreal!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by MeganAirmet

Stop reading this screen and run to your nearest drug store. You need this product. It makes my hair so soft, it smells divine, and honestly I have yet to have a bad hair day when I use this. I have curly hair that I "straighten" with a large barrel curling iron and the effect with this is unbelievable. You will love it!
(side note: Super Skinny makes my hair limp every single time I use it. What a waste of money. Not even comparable.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 12:43:00 PM More reviews by penh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this product is better than Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum--if it's not better, then it's comparable with a lighter feel and much cheaper price. Try it--you've got nothing to lose but frizz!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by dianabechillin

I use this product as a leave-in conditioner, and it leaves my long, straight hair feeling shiny and smooth, without being weighed down. In the winter, I used to have such horrible problems with static, and this has made that problem disappear. I don't really like the packaging too mcuh, only because I find it really hard to close the bottle after I've used the product when my hands are kind of slick, but that's such a minor issue considering the amazing results the product gives. UPDATE: After a while, it stops being as effective. It's still a great product, but for heavy-duty shine and smoothness when my hair is particularly dry or brittle, I'm going to stick with my Fekkai glossing cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

Y'know, this is one I didn't like a whole lot at first- though I have to admit it was mostly the packaging that pissed me off. The hideous orange pump just annoyed me on sight, and the overzealous pump mechanism just LAUNCHED product. On occasion it squirted- even with a light, careful touch!- several feet to ruin dry-clean-only clothing. Also leaky. But anyway, I realized that I'd definitely let my quibbles with the packaging get in the way of my enjoyment of this truly terrific product. You see, it actually makes my black hair shine like nothing else can- it almost looks like patent leather when I use this. I get tons of compliments specifically on the shininess of my hair when I use it. The smell wears off fast, which is a huge plus in my book (I'm addicted to Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's oils and I hate for any scent to interfere with the chosen oil of the day). Basically this is a fantastic shining product, with crap packaging. I'm going to dump out my newest bottle into another spray bottle, and see if that helps. Anything but the orange bottle of doom! I should also add that while this is the best shine serum out there that I've found (and I've tried a LOT!) it is not the best de-frizzer for me. My hair is very wavy/curly and color treated (and treated, and treated, and treated again) so it requires a fairly heavy product to defrizz. Honestly, this does an OK job but not wonderful. To defrizz I tend to use TiGi After Party, which is my miracle de-frizzer but doesn't shine at all, either before this product or actually mixed in my palm. Together they make my hair actually happy and healthy looking.

EDIT: Wow, I realized actually using this as directed is awesome. I've always previously put it on dry hair. Last night I used two pumps on towel-dried hair, and this morning it looks AMAZING. Perfect, tidy curls, healthy looking, no frizz at all. Not as shiny as it is on dry, but I can always use more on dry hair to get shine. But wow, perfect hair. I'll take it! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2006 3:19:00 AM More reviews by xazzie

I bought this seeing the rave reviews on MUA--I am SO glad I did! I have been using this now for about 2 months and have learned how to maximize my results with this product. I work 2 pumps of the serum into my wet hair before towel drying. Then blow dry and flat iron. (The serum is NOT necessary or even optimal if you plan to air dry your hair--didn't do much for me other than flatten the volume.) After a few days of using the product, and especially after a week, I noticed my hair was really dull and flat from the buildup. It seems like the oil in the serum doesn't break down with normal shampoo/water and stays in your hair until you chemically remove it! To do that, I used a clarifying shampoo from Suave (another MUA recommendation!) which cleared the buildup off my hair. So, I would definitely recommend the L'Oreal vive serum but it MUST be used in tandem with a strong clarifying shampoo every few applications. (Otherwise you will have mousy, drab hair like you have never seen!) Oh also--took off one lippie for packaging since the bottle leaked in my makeup bag on an overnight trip... yuck! But the smoothness of my hair makes it totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2006 10:46:00 PM More reviews by lgalg4ever2006

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great! Better then my Aveda. The first time I used it was on dry hair. It made my straw like hair very soft. That night when I washed my hair I had less breakage when combing out my hair, I had very few tangles and my the tangles I did have came out so easily. Usualy its a war with my tangles and I end up with tons of breakage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 4:51:00 PM More reviews by cvergara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Based on reviews in MUA, I purchased this product and was so surprized that it really, really works! Made my frizzy hair very smooth and I did not have to use hairspray. Wish the bottle was bigger; it takes about three pumps to cover my hair. Great stuff!
I am so glad I found the MUA site. Now I can buy products more intelligently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2006 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jessicamc44

Amazing! This stuff is better than Biosilk, which I didn't think could be possible. My hair has shine without greasiness and softness without being weighed down. Love the scent, texture, and consistency. I also like the cream version of this product.