December 19, 2014 | 1576 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great for how cheap it is! I use it as my morning face wash but sometimes its just a bit too rough on my face. I love the minty-ness and will definitely buy it again if I don't find something I like better or am super broke.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sally's for about $4 CA. I was hoping to get the mask, but the Sally's in my town only carries the scrub. However, I've been applying the scrub like a mask and it works really well. I smear it all over my skin in the morning and let it dry. Then when I get in the shower, I splash my face a bit and gently scrub my skin for about a minute. Then I rinse it all off. My skin feels so smooth and clean afterward. This stuff has really helped clear up the blackheads on my T-Zone and the whiteheads on my cheeks. Also, my skin is very oily and this stuff seems to help with that a bit. To top it all off, this stuff has a sort of citrus-y/minty smell that is wonderful. I will definitely continue to use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by JessyxLin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this product. I bought it at a sally's for $3 one day and tried it at home that night. It smells nice and leaves your face fresh and tingling without overdrying. I also used it as a acne spot treatment for when i'm staying home for the day or at night. I get nodular acne and it definitely helps minimize the swelling and pain. It's also very good for exfoliating the skin and clearing blackheads and whiteheads. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best scrub I have ever used, hands down! I stumbled upon this at Sally's about a month ago and I am 110% satisfied with it. The granules in the scrub are on the small/finer side and are gentle (to me) but you can make it "rougher" but scrubbing harder. My skin is baby butt smooth after every use. I use this every other day and I have had no problems. This has not made me break out, and the smell is very pleasant. The scrub is actually quite moisturizing too. You can't beat the price either! 3 bucks! And a little goes a long way. I will buy this over and over! I only wish the top was a flip-top and not a screw off one but I can live with it. If you like the mint julep mask (or even if you dont) give this a shot. you won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Hedmeel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very, very, very nice facial scrub. It is definately not to rough, and it does not leave my skin dry. And it smells really good! Would definately buy it again. And it is very cheap for the amount of product you get!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, so I picked up the matching scrub at Sally's today hoping it would be just as good. It was on sale, so I only paid $2.99, a LOT cheaper than other scrubs and cleansers I've bought in the past. I don't really like the smell, it's a weird minty scent. Reminds me of the dentists office. The packaging is annoying because it has a screw top which is inconvenient. What's inside, however, is pretty good. This is a gritty, but gentle scrub; one that you can use daily without irritation. Feels nice, and assures that all the little flakes and dead skin cells have been washed away. Not quire sure if it's an HG product, but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jenniferc328

I have heard SO many good things about this product, so I decided to try it, and I'm glad I did. Totally worth the hype it's given. I found this in Bed Bath and Beyond for $4.99, and who can beat that price...? It actually works, and it leaves your skin feeling fresh, clean, and bright looking. I will be purchasing this again and again and again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by lpogirl

I looked high and low for this product in Canada and could not find it anywhere, till I went to my local health food store, and there it was! I was so excited. Needless to say, I rushed home to try it and see what all the hype was about, now I understand. This is a good mask, cleans great and left my skin feeling good - a perfect prep to my sunless tanner. Oh, and got to love that price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by MackiesMummy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

FANTASTIC! Just wish it was more widely available to buy in the UK. It costs about 9 (15 USD) to get it over here, which is annoying as I know it's much cheaper in the US. I tried this product after reading all the rave reviews on here and I'm so pleased I did. It works fantastic on my fair, sensitive, dry/combo skin and my DH loves it too, using it on his oily/acne prone skin. The smell is really pleasant, refreshing and it exfoliates without scratching the skin too much, but enough to remove flakey patches of skin on my nose and cheeks. I use it every other day in the shower before my facial cleanser/wash, as does my DH and we're on our 4th tube of the stuff! Possibly my HG facial exfoliator, but I'd like to try some of the other QH facial scrubs first before I award it with that title.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this scrub. I use this nearly everyday, and have noticed SUCH an improvement in my skin. Unlike other scrubs, this one is not full of super harsh bits and chunks that feel like they are doing more harm than good. I find the scrubbies in this to be similar to those in the Aveeno scrub (small, gentle, effective w/o being harsh). I've always like the Aveeno more than other DS brands, but I also wanted more than the Aveeno could offer... I just wasn't sure what that "more" was until I tried this. WOW! It has been amazing. And I love the tingle this minty scrub gives. Pair this with the masque 2-3 times a week, and you've got a real winner!