September 23, 2014 | 2036 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

Like everyone else in the world, I got wrapped up in the bare minerals trend, and I used it for a good while but in the end it seemed to start not working as we'll with my skin. This may have been that my skin was changing with age and just wasn't as youthful looking as it once was, but it started showing every single wrinkle I had. The day my boyfriend pointed out my wrinkles closer to my eyes and said "I never noticed those before but I can see them with that makeup", that was the last day I used it. Of course I always thought it was a messy makeup to use, seems like it got everywhere. One thin I did love was combining 2 colors to get that completely perfect color for my skin! But in the end it just wasn't for my skin

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by YENSUONG

I bought the powder foundation in a compact along with the mineral veil because I heard so many great things about it being natural looking and heals the skin from the mineral. I was excited when I bought it but turned out horrible! I used different method like their original brush, kabuki brush, and flat buffing brush; nothing works. It felt very cakey and heavy on my face. You can usually see the powdery texture on my face. By the end of the night when i wore it for 8 hours or less, my foundation melted off my skin. I can push the foundation around my face using my finger. It was gross..

So I decided to put mineral veil on top of foundation to try it again and it didn't help a bit.

These two product didn't work for me, sadly. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ashleighannei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore Mac's studio fix fluid foundation for many years on my oily spot prone skin. I didn't believe I would find good coverage anywhere else- wrong! Bare Minerals is simply fantastic for buildable coverage, perfect colour matching and it has actually improved my skin and reduced the visibility of pores on my nose. I cannot recommend it enough- very reasonable price, a little goes a long way and it wears well throughout the day. It doubles up as a concealer- just pat a bit more of the product to the desires area with the concealer brush. I use the full coverage kabuki brush to apply, admittedly I found it itchy and tingly to use at first, but my skin took to the product very quickly. People don't believe me when I say my skin is less than perfect- the natural effect of bare minerals really does hide a multitude of sins! One thing I will say is that I bought a pot on an American site and found the packaging to be a little different and the product a bit uneven. Furthermore, it irritated my skin. Not sure if there is some difference between the US and UK line.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence about Bare Minerals. I used it a lot a few years ago when I lived in Las Vegas and loved it. For whatever reason, it seemed very effective in holding up against the heat, much more so than any liquid foundations or other powders I had tried. Now that I've moved elsewhere and have more than one season a year, I've fallen out of love with this product. Sometimes it makes my face look grainy and cakey, even if I don't use very much. My husband tends to give me this look when I wear it... like, that look someone gives you when they don't want to have to tell you that you've got food in your teeth or something. I also tend to have dry skin (especially now that I don't live in the desert) and this clings to every dry patch I have. Given the high cost of this product, I just don't think it lives up to the hype. The magic has worn off for me. Your mileage may vary, because there is definitely something about it I used to love... although, to be honest, now I can't figure out what that was for the life of me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIPS SUCK. But I'm finally breaking up with Bare Minerals. It dehydrates my skin like no other and I wouldn't recommend to dry skinned ladies. If I had normal skin I would absolutely use BM but the finish just isn't natural when your skin is dry, it just sits on top. If i moisturize really well and my skin is extra good, BM looks great and evens out the complexion - it does what it says. But I just can't deal with the dryness and dermatitis it has given me over the years. We're through.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed with this foundation. First of all, to get the correct coverage on blemishes I needed a lot of product which ended up looking cakey. Also, I had to use my own brushes because the ones that came with the set were very rough and irritated my face. This also made me break-out. Didn't work for me unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by warby20

I have a love hate relationship with BE!
I used to use this in fairly light but it started looking chalky. I the used the primer and came out in cystic acne on my chin.
I have sinced worked out its the silicone that causes this. after liquid.foundation did the same.
I have been rematched to medium beige and changed to silicone free primer. I also use less and buff more. I m in love again! no more spots or chalkiness. It also mixes well with my moisturiser for summer.
I don t react to the bismuth at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ob0905

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a starter kit, which i love. The coverage is flawless, and their finishing powder gives a glow finishing touch, which I absolutely adore. However, their concealer is just really off, the shade is like 2-3 shades darker than the foundation, which I literally just threw it in garbage.

I've heard mixed review about bare minerals, which I gotta say, it's not for everyone. If you have oily skin, the minerals will not sit well; for dry skin put moisturizer and primer on. Also, this will not give you full coverage if you need a heavy makeup. This works great for teens who started make up or for daily casual use.

One thing i really hate about this product is, it really make a lot of mess, the powder is everywhere, and the amount of powder on a brush is difficult to control.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by KamieShammy

I used this a while back and really didn't like it! The packaging is great but the product was horrible for me. The only good thing is that it did not break me out in my experience and has ingredients in it that are supposed to be good for your skin.

The downside is it highlights enlarged pores, clings to dryness, and leaves oily skin shiny after only an hour of wear. I like this stuff for when my skin is behaving and I have no breakouts, but the reality is, it rarely behaves!

I will never buy again because it was very expensive for such poor coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

No matter how I apply this crap, it makes my face look horrible, all caked up. It has horrible lasting power. My boyfriend asked what was on my face--it looked textured!

Umm, NO!