January 30, 2015 | 1108 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Skin Boost

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product because people are always talking about how important vitamin C is for healthy skin, and there aren't many affordable vitamin C skincare products available around here. Well this is really amazing and surpassed all of my expectations for it, so pleased! At first when I used it I didn't notice much of a difference but one day I got up and looked in the mirror and I thought, I had such radiant, glowing skin and it also seemed lighter in colour (always a big plus in my plain dark brownish NC30-NC40ish book!), it also seemed to have a more even skintone and less redness. I wondered what could be responsible for all these amazing improvements as I couldn't really remember having made any changes to my usual skincare routine. But then I remembered that I had started to use this skin boost a few days ago, it was the only change I had made in my skincare routine so I thought it must be that. So I continued using it and I seem to get better and better skin every day, I could almost even go to work without foundation (and I never go to work without foundation or a TM, I see a lot of people and I like to look good in front of them hehe!), my skin looks so nice now I could go without foundation at all on bumming around days. The tone is much more even and not very much blotchiness any more, there is much less redness. The only little problem I still have is I still have some melasma left over from pregnancy (yucky melasma!) but I started a lightening treatment on that (not TBS, just a d/s brand), don't notice too much of a difference yet on that however. If things continue like this I will always always always have a bottle of this skin boost on hand, it will become one of my 4 HGs in skincare. Only gripe is with the super high price (22), so I suppose I will just have to take advantage of the sales to stock up and stock up! Oh yes one bummer is the ingredients list, this is full of parabens I think it must have every paraben in the world, but maybe that's necessary to keep all that vitamin C fresh?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

I was really excited to use this product after reading the positive reviews, but after two days, my chin was an pimply mess! I so loved the way this product smelled and how easily it went on my face, but something didn't agree with me at all. The weird thing is that I only broke out on my chin. I'm going back to using my olay serum- it doesn't smell as nice, but it works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

Sorry to disagree with many, but I did not care for this product at all. I have normal to oily skin that is in good shape for my 40s. This is a rather nice texture that smooths well onto the skin. Although it is apparently for all skin types, I find that my skin become very shiney and oily when I use it. I only use a teeny pump. Even if I use it just at night, I wake with a super oily face. I used it for some time, then just gave up and tossed the remainder. I did like the packaging: the pump bottle was very nice. Might be tough to know when you run out because the bottle is opaque.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by M31212Y

I decided to give it a try after I read a good reviews here. I used it under TBS Vit.E night cream, because this stuff doesn't moisturize my skin, so I have to apply another moisturizer.
I found this product help to heal my acne scar and my skin looks brighter and fresh after using it for a couple days. So lightweight, not greasy at all, and smells good.
The only complained is the packaging. And the price is a little bit expensive for TBS skin care range, $22 for a 30ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 6:38:00 AM More reviews by dirtydenim

I find this a gem to use under my foundation to help hide any dry patches or the creases near your mouth corners during the day. It feels like putting a non sticky vaseline like layer on your skin but has a refreshing citrus zest smell and no sticky residue after washing hands. Love the fact it makes my foundation sit on the skin boost layer rather then my skin, this helps keep my skin hydrated.
I pair this with the Vit C Microrefiner scrub and just a generic cleanser and my skin looks fab.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by elphinstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin reacted to this product. Guess i'm allergic to lanolin :( love the scent and the hygenic pump bottle though. just wished that this would work for me like the majority of the reviewers here.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by love2makeup

I have been using this product for a month and my skin looks so much healthier ! I use this under my minerals in the morning, and it acts like a primer on my skin ! I was leary of buying skin care from a body shop, but this one is a winner ! I loved it so much, I went back and bought the Vitamin C lotion with SPF and like it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by allxdolledxup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm like on my third bottle or something! love this product - the smell and the texture it gives is great. And because i'm an oily girl, this is moisturizing enough and yet doesn't get gross when i apply sunscreen ontop for sunny days. the opaque bottle can be annoying cuz you can't see how much is left but maybe they did that to prevent the product from going bad sooner? like the opaque bottle protects it from the sun deactivating/damaging the ingredients? just to let you guys know even after nothing will pump out anymore because it's "done" it's still a good idea to get a stick (i found those chopsticks that you need to pull apart at restaurants work best) and scoop up what's inside - it sounds cheap and gross and stuff but there's really a lot of product left that the pump doesn't get because it's stuck on the sides and the bottom and stuff anyways i find even after the pump no longer pumps i can get a few weeks worth by using the stick+scoop method. gives skin a smooth finish, i do feel it's evened out some of my tone, no pimples and even if i get some they're rather minimal and a shot of tea tree kills them in days. Something i will continue to use until i find the next best thing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by notmylover98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My all-time favorite Body Shop product!! I get compliments on my skin all the time because of this.It smooths, evens out and brightens my skin! Does exactly what i hoped it would. It doesn't break me out or irritate my skin in any way. I highly reccomend this for all skin types.
It is not very moisturizing, i find i need to apply a lotion on top of it. I find the packaging annoying because the opaque, heavy glass bottle makes it impossible to tell how much is left - i always have a back-up bottle as im terrified of running out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by idyllick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this w/out testing and when i saw it at home i wanted to return it. I tried it a couple of times and wasnt satified that it was absorbing. Thats y i love this site, i looked it up and saw the high repurchase % and decided to give it a few days. I have to say i have noticed a positive difference. I cant say exactly what it is but it def. seems to be agreeing with my skin. acne scars that would have usually lasted a couple months are gone almost immead. And my skin looks less discolored. It is rather cheap, $22, for the benefits that i have seen so far and I would recommend as well as repurchase. Someone said 1 pump is enough but i need to use at least 2, also it does need to be actively rubbed into the skin to get the full effect.