September 22, 2014 | 1764 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Skin Boost

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by M31212Y

I decided to give it a try after I read a good reviews here. I used it under TBS Vit.E night cream, because this stuff doesn't moisturize my skin, so I have to apply another moisturizer.
I found this product help to heal my acne scar and my skin looks brighter and fresh after using it for a couple days. So lightweight, not greasy at all, and smells good.
The only complained is the packaging. And the price is a little bit expensive for TBS skin care range, $22 for a 30ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 6:38:00 AM More reviews by dirtydenim

I find this a gem to use under my foundation to help hide any dry patches or the creases near your mouth corners during the day. It feels like putting a non sticky vaseline like layer on your skin but has a refreshing citrus zest smell and no sticky residue after washing hands. Love the fact it makes my foundation sit on the skin boost layer rather then my skin, this helps keep my skin hydrated.
I pair this with the Vit C Microrefiner scrub and just a generic cleanser and my skin looks fab.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by elphinstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin reacted to this product. Guess i'm allergic to lanolin :( love the scent and the hygenic pump bottle though. just wished that this would work for me like the majority of the reviewers here.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by love2makeup

I have been using this product for a month and my skin looks so much healthier ! I use this under my minerals in the morning, and it acts like a primer on my skin ! I was leary of buying skin care from a body shop, but this one is a winner ! I loved it so much, I went back and bought the Vitamin C lotion with SPF and like it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by allxdolledxup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm like on my third bottle or something! love this product - the smell and the texture it gives is great. And because i'm an oily girl, this is moisturizing enough and yet doesn't get gross when i apply sunscreen ontop for sunny days. the opaque bottle can be annoying cuz you can't see how much is left but maybe they did that to prevent the product from going bad sooner? like the opaque bottle protects it from the sun deactivating/damaging the ingredients? just to let you guys know even after nothing will pump out anymore because it's "done" it's still a good idea to get a stick (i found those chopsticks that you need to pull apart at restaurants work best) and scoop up what's inside - it sounds cheap and gross and stuff but there's really a lot of product left that the pump doesn't get because it's stuck on the sides and the bottom and stuff anyways i find even after the pump no longer pumps i can get a few weeks worth by using the stick+scoop method. gives skin a smooth finish, i do feel it's evened out some of my tone, no pimples and even if i get some they're rather minimal and a shot of tea tree kills them in days. Something i will continue to use until i find the next best thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by notmylover98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My all-time favorite Body Shop product!! I get compliments on my skin all the time because of this.It smooths, evens out and brightens my skin! Does exactly what i hoped it would. It doesn't break me out or irritate my skin in any way. I highly reccomend this for all skin types.
It is not very moisturizing, i find i need to apply a lotion on top of it. I find the packaging annoying because the opaque, heavy glass bottle makes it impossible to tell how much is left - i always have a back-up bottle as im terrified of running out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by idyllick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this w/out testing and when i saw it at home i wanted to return it. I tried it a couple of times and wasnt satified that it was absorbing. Thats y i love this site, i looked it up and saw the high repurchase % and decided to give it a few days. I have to say i have noticed a positive difference. I cant say exactly what it is but it def. seems to be agreeing with my skin. acne scars that would have usually lasted a couple months are gone almost immead. And my skin looks less discolored. It is rather cheap, $22, for the benefits that i have seen so far and I would recommend as well as repurchase. Someone said 1 pump is enough but i need to use at least 2, also it does need to be actively rubbed into the skin to get the full effect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 7:22:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thought I'd try this as I wanted to try a vitamin C product and there aren't many to choose from in the UK. Its a clear gel and you only need a little (I found 2 small pumps enough) and its easy to spread due to having silicone in it and smells nice. However I'm not sure about it. I don't really think the vitamin C is viable in this form. Doesn't seem to do much except leave skin feeling soft although isn't bad as a primer. I don't think I would repurchase as its quite expensive and doesn't do much, plus all the nasty ingredients in Body Shop products these days put me off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my second bottle! At first use, I noticed how smooth my skin became! It seems to plump my skin up! Although the bottle is small, it does last for some time and I can't imagine living without this product! I went without it for a few days and nearly had a panic attack because my skin didn't look as refreshed. I think this works as well as some of the pricier "serum" type of products out there (I've even used the Chanel anti-aging serum which I love but is double in price! Eeek!) With all the studies showing how effective Vitamin C has been for the skin, this is a winner! I like to combine this product with the moisturizers in the TBS line or the Honey Face Cream by L'Occitane and it definitely makes the absorption feel a lot better! Try it! You will love it! No breakouts, no irritation (and my skin is highly sensitive!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2007 5:38:00 AM More reviews by brokentrails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! Leaves your skin smooth. Did not breakout. Gives your skin a boost. It's a bit pricey but it lasts for ages.