November 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2004 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Lori5437

This product gave me pimples in my hairline. If you have acne prone skin I would advise against this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2004 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ghays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am used to using Aveda, Paul Mitchell, and Pureology hair products, but decided to try this shampoo after seeing the t.v. commercial. I must say that compared to salon products, this product was terrible. My hair fell flat, was dry and totally unmanagable. I also thought the smell was not good. So, if you are thinking about switching from your salon products to drugstore products...don't....no matter how convincing the commercials may be.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2004 6:27:00 PM More reviews by TristinJade

I LOVE this shampoo! I use it with the conditioner and deep conditioner. It smells great, like grapefruits and melons, and works really good. My hair is really dry because of all the heat i use on it and this stuff is awesome. It made my hair stronger and got rid of some split ends. I could use this stuff forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2004 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LISTEN TO ME. Do NOT buy Garnier shampoo and conditioner for long term use. It did work miracles on making my hair soft and silky but after repeated use it gave me dandruff and dry itchy scalp because of the build-up. I started using this product back in September!! I thought that when I saw my dry flakes in October it was the weather change. For months and months I used dandruff shampoos and oils and only did it hit me recently what the cause REALLY is. I stopped using Garnier and started using a clarifying shampoo to clean my scalp - then switched to Head and Shoulders and my scalp is clean and flake free.
I am sure if I go to another shampoo I may not get the best results so for now - H&S is going to remain my shampoo. This product would have rated a 5 months ago because of my ignorance about it - thank god I realized what the cause for my poor scalp was.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2004 8:49:00 PM More reviews by CourtEDesigns

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really, really wanted to love this Shampoo and Conditioner. After hearing so many great things about it and then liking the styling gel, I thought it would be great to buy. The Shampoo and Conditioner were great for my hair and made my hair shiny and soft. The shampoo and conditioner gave life to my hair...and it also gave big red zits to the rest of my body. There were large painful pimples all over my back, around my hairline, and even on my neck! I never get pimples on my neck! The minute I changed back to my old shampoo everything seemed to get better. If you have oily or acne-prone skin, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I can't say it enough, this shampoo and conditioner is not good for anyone who gets zits! If you purchase this with that skin type, be prepared for some nasty things to show up on your skin!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2004 2:11:00 PM More reviews by LeosMom

Yuck, yuck, yuck! Thou I do love the scent so thats why I gave it 2 lippies and not 1. I didn't hate this but I wash my hair every other day and with this I had to wash it everyday, my hair looked so oily and dirty. It also didn't make my hair look soft and smooth as my other shampoo & conditioner was doing, so back to dove I go.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2004 9:07:00 AM More reviews by gingin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My daughter and I both use this, and it works better on her fine, very thick hair than on my thick wavy hair which tends to be oily. I felt it weighted my hair down. But my daughter's hair looks great and so I'll continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 9:25:00 AM More reviews by MissPurple

This is my favorite drug store shampoo(also the conditioner). It really leaves my hair silkier, softer, and less tangled. The smell is just lovely and the price is great. However, for severly dry and damaged hair, Redken All Soft does a better job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have gone through many bottles of both the Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner and I love this stuff. The smell is divine. My hair has more shine than it ever has before. I use the "Curly Girl" method: I rinse, protect my ends (of my mid-back length, very wavy and/or "Boticelli" curly hair) with conditioner, then shampoo only my scalp and roots; rinse like crazy; then use conditioner again, this time on all my hair but still paying attention to the ends, rinse again like crazy, and air dry. I have used this dry-curly-hair-pampering method for much longer than I've used this shampoo and conditioner, and let me tell ya, the combination of the method plus these products works WONDERS. My hair is soft, manageable, and truly curly -- NOT frizzy -- even though I live in hot, humid Houston!!! And all the styling product I need is a little spray-in gel (use the Garnier Fructis brand) or leave-in conditioning gel/cream. This stuff is readily available, cheap, smells great, and helps your hair look and feel like your friend rather than your nemisis. What more could a hair-obsessed Curly Girl want??

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by madscientist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this shampoo along with conditioner, looking for salvation for my dry, frizzy hair. My hair was very tangled afterwards not smooth at all. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.