December 21, 2014 | 1509 users online

Bronzers - Giorgio Armani - Sheer Bronzer #1

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2005 2:21:00 AM More reviews by aznswty515

I'm on the edge with this bronzer. Sometimes it looks great (when i have a bit of a tan and i use a light hand), but sometimes it looks slightly red-orange-copper, which i dislike. It is easy to go overboard and can make pores look bigger. Not great on a bad skin day. Im using Chantecaille's Tahiti bronzer now and it looks like most bronzers out there, brownish orange, no shimmer. I not completely satisfied with either products and will continue my search. I guess my standards are too high and might never be matched. Want to try Stephane Marais' bronzer next. However, GA bronzer is very finely milled and will probably look amazing on most others

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had finally thought that I had found my HG bronzer in NARS Laguna after having tried MANY others..But I still wanted to try this because of all the raves on the board..I'm SO glad I did..This gives the true tan look I wanted..And it's so sheer,that you have to layer so you really can't use too much.The sheerness is not a downfall but the thing that I love most about this..You CAN'T make a mistake.It doesn't turn orange..No over the top sparkle or glitter..Just the right shade of brown w/a hint of shimmer and the slightest touch of red so it gives true color.I gave it a 4 l/s rating instead of a 5 because of the over the top price but even still,I would repurchase it again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2004 7:35:00 PM More reviews by vvalencia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never used bronzer before. I am a MMM to tan depending on the season and didn't understand why I would ever need it?!?! The MA at Costa Mesa GA counter used this on me when I was asking for suggestions and tips for my wedding day makeup. I bought this the very same day I tried it. It really did add that extra something that tied my whole look together. She advised on using a very good brush and to actually make sure to include my neck and shoulders (my wedding dress was halter type and bared my shoulders). All my wedding pictures looked great! My wedding was a Hawaiian style theme including fresh orchid leis and I cannot express enough how much my GA look worked with the whole theme. I even used the bronzer on my Maid of Honor and she looked spectacular in the wedding photos. This is hands down the only bronzer I will ever use or buy. It's worth every penny!!! You can check out my other reviews under the general eyeshadows heading. So try this bronzer! It gives you that nice sunkissed glow and you can control the intensity...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2004 8:13:00 PM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At the end of the day, I have to admit that I'm not as impressed with Armani cosmetics as I feel I "should" be. The packaging is sleek and chic, the colors are deeply pigmented and long-lasting, deposit well and smoothly--but I'm not writing home to Mother over any of them. The best of the bunch is the bronzer, and I'm not even jumping up and down over that. Mind you, Armani is not Wet & Wild--it's extremely high quality stuff, made well. I'm just not sure I wouldn't rather have MAC. Armani lasts well--so does MAC. Armani has elegant packaging--so does MAC (AND they recycle it!). Armani has a limited shade range, especially in foundations--MAC ROCKS for shade choice in all areas. I hated MAC when it first became available--love it now. I loved Armani when it first became available--well.... I really don't think that, for the money, Armani is a better product. It doesn't last LONGER on my oily skin, doesn't offer a good shade range, and in general doesn't seem to be living up to the hype. I may be the minority here, but I would rather spend my dollars elsewhere.....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2004 10:07:00 AM More reviews by pancakeshoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried them all and this is the best. I've been wearing almost everything Armani for the past two years and don't know why I waited so long to try this. My HG used to be Guerlain but this is much better. No orange, no red, no muddy brown tones. It looks scary dark in the compact but it's very sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2004 11:03:00 AM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's pretty great! I use #1...looks very dark but it's not. I always used Nars Laguna but feel this is as good if not better. Very natural and buildable. No streaks or glitter. Doesn't make me breakout...it's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2004 3:48:00 PM More reviews by browneyedbaby

YAY! This is a definitely the best bronzer out there. I've been using Nars Laguna for about a year and was fairly happy with it but I've been on a hunt to try something else. I tried Armani because of the reviews here and you guys are right. It is a very natural color- looks just like a beautiful tan. It makes my skin look beautiful and just a little bit goes a long way. You can layer it for a more dramatic look or use just a little bit for a nice glow. There is just a tiny bit of sparkle and absolutely no orange or red. This bronzer is much better than Nars Laguna and I thought that was the best. The packaging is great too. I got it from Saks for only $33- not a bad price considering that it will last for a long time. You definitely have to try this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2004 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jodiebk

NOOOOOOOOOOOO doubt in my mind this is the best bronzer ever made. i have tried them all. this would work on any skintone. it's perfect. i threw my other ones away- hundreds of dollars worth of bronzers, including nars, chanel, estee...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 11:04:00 AM More reviews by teenage3478bag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

YEAH! i found my HG bronzing powder. it looks really scary in the packaging but goes on so sheer. i bought the brush to go with this. I love the packaging because it is soo chic(black and faint black logo). the mirror is crystal clear also. this will last me forever! thansk mua!
~jacqueline

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2004 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Vanessa2482

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst bronzer I have tried and I have tried ALOT! Made me look dirty and gross..I like MAC bronzer or NARS laguna much better. I am NC 30 and this didn't work for me at all! Sorry!