October 26, 2014 | 1380 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by vldubs

I use Shadowy Lady as eyeliner. I have light brown eyes with flecks of green and this is just right as eyeliner for me. Lovely…just enough color for day without looking too harsh – like black – or too common – like brown. I’ll have to try this for a smoky eye look too. I will certainly repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this shade and can never be without it! Looks good paired with practically any color. I use this at the outer corners of my lids...ideal for smoking up the eyes. Just like any MAC e/s, quality and lasting-power are great. From MAC's website: Darkly veiled-plum (matte).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by road

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Shadowy Lady is a very dark, matte, plum e/s. It almost looks black. This didn't do anything and won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

Why did this eyeshadow sit in my palette for a year without me touching it? I LOVE it! I lined my eye with the black gel liner and then put this shade all over my lid on top and also under my eye, too. It is like the most subtle smoky eye ever. It is a smoky purple/mauve. I wouldn't say it was straight up purple. It is nothing like Sketch or Intoxicate. Much more of a muted purple. Anyway, this such a great staple color. I have now worn it 3 days in a row!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 10:54:00 PM More reviews by prppygrl69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ugh i friggin loooooove this shadow it goes with everything i wear easy to blend and i can make it work with anything,great for a purple dark smokey eye i love this shadow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very lovely matte deep plum/eggplant color that makes a fantastic eyeliner or smokey eye. I don't usually wear purples or plums because I feel like they make me look tired, but Shadowy Lady is an exception for me. I'm a cool-toned PPP blue-green eye & light brown haired gal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by lizsybarite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An MA used this as part of a dramatic and gorgeous purple eye (she paired it with a few Powerpoint liners, Hepcat, Pink Venus, and Nocturnelle), so I just had to buy it. Shadowy Lady is a very dark, very matte eggplant purple shade. The color payoff on my eyes is very strong and very dark - almost indistinguishable from black in some light. I only use a smidge of it here and there, in my corner, as a liner, and occasionally in my crease. This one doesn't get much use from me, but it is really nice for those little "accents" when you don't want to use something quite as intense as Carbon (or as sparkly as Beauty Marked). I've also heard of people using it in their brows to add dimension. I doubt I'll ever run out at the rate I use it, so I wouldn't say this is one of my HGs, but it does come in handy. So much so that, after swapping it away, I ended up swapping with someone else to get it BACK - a first for me! I'm definitely starting to appreciate the matte shades more and more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 4:48:00 AM More reviews by liongrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for that perfect dark, black/almost-black eyeshadow to create a smokey eye. The MA at the counter suggested I try this because it's purple and would bring out my brown eyes. He was right! He applied this shadow on my lid and on my lower lash line. Then he put Satin Taupe on the crease, and a little on the lower lash line again. For a browbone highlighter he used Little Minx. And he lined my eyes with Icon Eyes eye kohl. I always thought the smokey eye would be scary on me, but he totally sold me on this combination. LOVE Shadowy Lady, VERY hot. BE 1.2/NC30/Asian/Yellow skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

I use this on my lid for a smokey eye look paired with Electra. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2005 5:31:00 AM More reviews by HesterB

Perfect eyeliner colour for me - PPP with red hair and green eyes. Softer than black and somehow more interesting, it makes a great 50s cat's-eye look with Shroom and lots of black mascara. can't imagine ever getting through a whole pot of this, but would certainly repurchase if I ever did.