April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 10:54:00 PM More reviews by prppygrl69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ugh i friggin loooooove this shadow it goes with everything i wear easy to blend and i can make it work with anything,great for a purple dark smokey eye i love this shadow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very lovely matte deep plum/eggplant color that makes a fantastic eyeliner or smokey eye. I don't usually wear purples or plums because I feel like they make me look tired, but Shadowy Lady is an exception for me. I'm a cool-toned PPP blue-green eye & light brown haired gal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by lizsybarite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An MA used this as part of a dramatic and gorgeous purple eye (she paired it with a few Powerpoint liners, Hepcat, Pink Venus, and Nocturnelle), so I just had to buy it. Shadowy Lady is a very dark, very matte eggplant purple shade. The color payoff on my eyes is very strong and very dark - almost indistinguishable from black in some light. I only use a smidge of it here and there, in my corner, as a liner, and occasionally in my crease. This one doesn't get much use from me, but it is really nice for those little "accents" when you don't want to use something quite as intense as Carbon (or as sparkly as Beauty Marked). I've also heard of people using it in their brows to add dimension. I doubt I'll ever run out at the rate I use it, so I wouldn't say this is one of my HGs, but it does come in handy. So much so that, after swapping it away, I ended up swapping with someone else to get it BACK - a first for me! I'm definitely starting to appreciate the matte shades more and more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 4:48:00 AM More reviews by liongrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for that perfect dark, black/almost-black eyeshadow to create a smokey eye. The MA at the counter suggested I try this because it's purple and would bring out my brown eyes. He was right! He applied this shadow on my lid and on my lower lash line. Then he put Satin Taupe on the crease, and a little on the lower lash line again. For a browbone highlighter he used Little Minx. And he lined my eyes with Icon Eyes eye kohl. I always thought the smokey eye would be scary on me, but he totally sold me on this combination. LOVE Shadowy Lady, VERY hot. BE 1.2/NC30/Asian/Yellow skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

I use this on my lid for a smokey eye look paired with Electra. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2005 5:31:00 AM More reviews by HesterB

Perfect eyeliner colour for me - PPP with red hair and green eyes. Softer than black and somehow more interesting, it makes a great 50s cat's-eye look with Shroom and lots of black mascara. can't imagine ever getting through a whole pot of this, but would certainly repurchase if I ever did.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2005 4:47:00 PM More reviews by jmbarrett615

Thsi color looks great as an eyeliner color. It really makes my green eyes pop without looking too heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by marynoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

bought this as a liner, initially. just tried it as a crease color today. if blended well, it is a lovely deep plum that brings out green eyes very nicely. will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2004 5:31:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become my number one favorite shadow...in fact, the only shade I've ever hit pan on...I wear shadowy lady at least four times a week

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2004 10:55:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

I'm an Asian MMM w/yellow undertones, black hair and dark eyes. This is a really great color on me, I use it with Mythology and Swish (separately)and it looks gorgeous on me! I'm usually afraid of dark purples because they have a tendency to make me look bruised but not this one!