Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Mink

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/10/2010 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this color. the product is well pigmented i was glad i picked this up last summer. It is a brown-gold-bronze color. I think this shade would look good on anyone :)

This is a nice golden, slightly shimmering, borderline bronze colour. It's bronze but much less coppery. Kind of bronzey golden?

It stays on well. Mind you I wear concealer on my eyelids underneath it. I can't recommend shades to match because I only wear it by itself. No fading! yay! Once again it doesn't crease on my because I wear concealer underneath it. The applicator is quite decent too. It's never fallen apart. Not like Maybelline applicators.. Oh and I feel the colour has good pigmentation. Not too sheer, but not too thick. The pigmentation does it good justice.

If you have blue eyes this will look incredible.
Forget 'eye lights' and this silly stuff.
For dark blue eyes this looks gorgeous. It's not too overpowering, just light and flattering. I'm sure it works with almost every skin tone, too.
When I first bought this when I was ten or something, it said this was a limited edition, but I'm glad to see it's permanent now :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOVE THIS. this is my all time favorite eye shadow. in fact, i am wearing it now! it is a gold shimmery color, and VERY pigmented. it may not be from one of those top notch, expensive, popular make up brands, but this product is amazing. i would recommend it to everyone. this eye shadow will also last you an extremely long time. this product is 1OO% worth everything you paid for and a definite must-have (:

on 1/26/2010 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

As many have commented this is a peachy, tan-ish shimmery color that works wonderfully on the lid, the brow bone, or as an allover wash. The texture is divine too, unexpected for a drugstore shadow, especially Cover Girl which I have managed to avoid all of my life. The texture is smooth and pigmented. The color in the pan is the color you get without much effort. Love this, wish the packaging was prettier, but, at least it's inexpensive, especially when they go on sale.

UPDATE: This is an exact dupe for MAC's All That Glitters.

on 1/6/2010 1:21:00 PM

I bought this color on B2G1 at Ulta. I also bought a smokey brown color and a wine color. I think b/c this one is so shimmery, it has the worst texture of the 3. It has good color pay-off, but is pretty crumbly and that kills it for me. I absolutely love the other 2 color....they are more of a satin finish and are very impressive for DS shadows. This color is almost an exact dupe of MAC's All That Glitters, but ATG has a much superior and blendable texture. I had both, so I have mink to my little sister who is in high school. She loves it!

on 1/6/2010 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Heard this was a great universal shade. Picked it up & wasn't too sure about it since it looked quite warm in the pan. When I swatched the 1st thing I noticed was that is was SO SO smooth & well pigmented.
I'm NW10 & it's a peachy-tan shade on me. If it was any warmer it probably would've been unwearable for me. It's a nice neutral/bronze shade & seems like it would go well with many shades (purples, greens, etc).
Update: I posted a swatch pic of this along with a few others. From L-R: Shimmering Sands (darkest, HL, the middle shade), Tapestry Taupe, Mink, Forever Fig

on 12/30/2009 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one product that would never be in my m/u collection if it wasn't for this website. Cover Girl eyeshadows weren't even on my radar as of 4 months ago, and now I have a burgeoning collection of them....it's like they are rabbits, the way they are multiplying in my drawer! Anyway, the color, texture and finish of this shadow have been described beautifully by other reviewers, so I would just like to add that the quality that I am happiest with is how the color of this shadow brings out the green in my green/brown eyes. It seems like purples are always recommended for playing up both green and brown eyes, but I struggle with purples for some reason. I don't think they are particularly flattering with my skin tone, and sometimes give me that bruised look. But this shadow has none of those disadvantages, and also, since I don't like dramatic makeup, but prefer to use makeup as a natural looking enhancement, it thrills me that this shadow doesn't scream "look at my makeup!!". This is my absolute favorite CG eyeshadow, followed by Brown Smolder. The only one I've bought and haven't cared for is Swiss Chocolate, which is a beautiful color, but I am too old for all the sparkle and sparkle fall-out on my cheeks.

on 12/29/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this eyeshadow! I picked it up on a whim because it was cheap and I needed one more item to qualify for the Covergirl sale, but I'm glad that I did! The shade is just a tiny bit darker than my skin tone, and has the right amount of shimmer to it without being too sparkly or dull, unlike most shadows. I apply it all over my lid and right underneath my browbone for a more casual look at work, and when i get home after hours it's still on, and looks just like when I first applied it. This is definitely my new favorite eyeshadow :)

on 12/22/2009 11:51:00 AM

THIS EYE SHADOW IS THE BOMB. haha :-P It's velvety smooth and gives lids the *perfect* subtle shimmer. 'Mink' is what I'd describe as a pale, shimmery taupe-ish gray/medium champagne tone. I love using this for a highlighter on my brow bone just gorgeous. It's also beautiful layered on top of a deeper chocolate brown (like 'Brown Smolder'). The application of this shade could not be simpler. It is pigmented and blends so nicely; perfect for an everyday makeup look. I've actually had women in grocery store checkout lines ask me what I'm wearing on my eyes :-)

on 11/28/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I HATE these eyeshadows ... From far away it actually looks pretty good.. but look up close in the mirror and its terrifying! It's chalky and sinks into creases! Thank goodness it's so cheap.. that was money not well spent. I would NOT get anymore of these. Only reason it gets 1 lippie is the color is pretty in the case lol