October 23, 2014 | 1210 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by MichelleVJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing liquid liner for a great price. They could charge $10 and I would still buy it. The brush is thin providing precise application. It does not smear in humidity but will start to smudge if you cry or it gets wet. It lasts me a long time and use it often. Dries fast too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by mlq490

I got this in regular Black, not Pearlized Black. Another NYC product I'm reviewing.

Pros:
-Cheap, I got it for $3.
-Intense black color.
-After it dries (and it dries quickly) it "sets" and does not smudge easily at all. Does not run or bleed or anything when you put it on. In other words, it's not too watery.
-Can be smudged with a q-tip or brush before it dries. This is good for smoky eyes.
-I'm surprised with how even though this is cheap, the packaging still does not allow the product to leak.
-The brush tip applicator is skinny for thin, precise lines but with more pressure you can get nice thick lines too.

Cons:
-I prefer felt tip applicators for liquid eyeliner. It's just easier to apply. It takes a bit of practice to learn to apply this neatly.

Bottom Line:
This is awesome for the price. I would totally repurchase, and I recommend this for someone on a budget. Not the best liquid liner in the world, but there aren't any serious drawbacks to this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

LOVE THIS LINER!! Its the only liquid eyeliner I have ever had and I'm impressed. Easy to draw a line, great lasting power and solid black color! What more to ask? Purchase this guys, its totally worth it for the 3 bucks you pay. I dont find application troublesome like other reviewers here but I guess that's because i have nothing to compare it to. My staple liquid liner. Will repurchase again and again and again.
Check out my reviews on other eyeliners and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I found that this product was just to hard to control and thus can get very smudged.If you are an expert at liquid liner then you might really like this because it does have good staying power.
I use the to darken my eyelash before putting on mascara to give me the blackest black lashes and it works really great for that because of how black of a formula is.
So I would buy it again but only for that purpose because I can't control the tip despite it's brush tip applicator

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I recently bought my second tube for 40% off at Rite Aid, which is a great deal. This eyeliner is probably not for the beginner. There is somewhat of a learning curve to the brush. It does last a long while on my oily eyelids and I can get close to my lash line with this. I will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by LegendOona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I have very oily lids. I have a really hard time finding an eyeliner that doesn't melt or transfer. This stuff didn't move after 9 hours on New Years Eve . It did fade a little but didn't budge. I use the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel as primer. I am very impressed, it only cost me about $3 at Wal-mart I got #887 Black. Yes, I will totally buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

For the $2.54 I paid for this at Walmart, it really pays off! I am really impressed with the quality. I have the newer one, not in the packaging shown up there. This is a liner in a pretty decently sized black tube with silver lettering. There is TONS of product in here! The brush for this eyeliner is pretty thick, actually, so it's good for dramatic looks. If you like subtle, then don't go for this eyeliner. It dried very quickly to a matte black, which was impressive. It may be a little bit too susceptible to water, just so you know. However, it doesn't flake or leave my eyes for the entire day. I like almost everything about it- great product for the price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

This is your standard liquid eye liner with a small brush aplicator. I got it for about $3 at Target. A must when using this liner is a STEADY hand. The brush applicator isn't as stiff and forgiving so you have to be careful. It's not as long as some so that's a plus. As for lasting powder, it lasted me a whole 8 hour work day and then some. No flaking or fading through out the day. Pretty good basic non-waterproof liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by AryBoooo63

I have mixed feelings about this but yeah,
So usually i use Maybeline Stilleto liquid eyeliner but somehow I lost my tube and I happened to be at walmart and saw this and its was about $1.75 so I thought why not!
But, it doesn't live up to my Maybelline eyeliner,
but for the price it's alright.
The brush is super annoying and long but it's good for touch ups.
It's not super black like how I prefer my eyeliner, it looks kindof grey and after about two "coats" I guess you could call it, it begins to look plasticy-and gross!
When my eyes watered, even a tad, it ran like CRAZY,
I'm experienced with liquid eyeliner and I found it difficult to use.
I just keep it on hand for emergencys and to line but water line. but I will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first liquid liners i ever used, actually one of the first few makeups items i bought, weird id buy liquid eyeliner like i was gonna make it look good? anyway, this is a staple & i know ill always have one of these.
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
These NYC Liquid Liners can be found wherever your NYC Color Cosmetics can be found. In drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, as well as Walmart & Target stores. Availability as well as price will vary depending on location. These are priced from $2-3 at most. They are super duper cheap esp if you wait for sales/discounts.
=SHADE/FORMULA=
nyc liquid liners come in two shades that I know of. Black & Dark Brown & i believe Sable Brown. I can only find two most of the time which Black is super black. It shows up black & pigmented. Dark Brown is a super dark brown almost black shade. Sometimes i dont even realize its brown til i read the label. Sable brown is more a med to dark brown. It still is dark enough to define yet let harsh than the previous two. I love em all & find they are a great formula. They all dry pretty quick but be careful for a few seconds like any liner you dont want to transfer it. The formula is a good consistency, neither too wet & runny, its a thickness that allows the liner to apply so easily. I learned w/ this formula & always come back to it. It goes on smooth, no thick globs & its thick enough that it dont smear or run into the lashes or fine lines like some ive tried. Its a great formula, super pigmented & these liners do dry to a semi-glossy finish. Its not too glossy that i mind it but to really get a matte finish, you can always top w/ a powder & that will also help keep the liner put for hrs longer since it absorbs any excess oils/moisture. Thats a good trick for those w/ oily lids. I find that on its own, these will last about 5 hrs before i see it chipping off but priming eyes, setting w/ a powder will give you hrs even more than 9 hrs with no problems. I love these liners & always end up going back to them. Im comfortable with them. Great basic shades for precise to more dramatic lines! its super easy with these
=PACKAGING=
These liners come in a thin long hard plastic tube- the tubes are the color of the liner but the dark brown is really dark so ive mistaken it for black sometimes. There is the logo/name on the tube & shade name is located on the bottom sticker. The packaging is simple & practical. There is a twist on lid w/ long wand. This is what i like about this. The wand is longer than most little mini ones where i have old lady hands which sometimes i cant grab things but the wand is longer so it helps w/ gripping but also i find its SO much easier to line the eyes with these. I ca maneveur around easily & do the Flicked or winged liner so easily. The traditional haired/bristle brush is a traditional kind not a felt tip but the bristles are very thin & compact that this is the easiest wand i can line with. I sometimes want to use it w/ others bc the brush is so fine & so easy to use. No frayed or loose crazy hairs. Its just the right length for lining. I can tilt it & line in an instant or use the dab & connect the lines method. Its a great amount of liquid liner actually 0.17oz to be exact which is ALOT. it will last quite some time.
So if you are looking for a really good liquid liner that performs & is easy to use, look no further. This is a super cheap yet great liner! I know i will continue to repurchase and use forever. Its just a really good liner. I know some have said it flakes but for me i havent had that problem unless its a really hot day & i didnt set it.. So i love it!
*update- i recently found Pearlized Black and its not a fav liner but still a great dark navy almost black shade with almost a metallic finish but i love to top it w/ my Cranky Girls black shadow (its my new HG black shadow for setting my liners) and it ends up being a nice black shade. I love the NYC Liquid Liners... its always been my fav liner since its so easy to apply any line from thick to thin, its great affordable & lasts! I have noticed since they have REPACKAGED these liners, they have decreased the size from 6ml to 5ml for the same price. i dont notice any difference in formula of liner & the brush is exactly the same if not a tad thinner which means, AMAZINGNESS! it stinks they decreased the size but either way, its still a crap load of liner that if you dont get thru you're not throwing away all this money, since its suggested to throw away liquid eye products every three months so that way you dont get infections/contamination. So its wonderful!! its worth every penny!