August 22, 2014 | 1761 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by AryBoooo63

I have mixed feelings about this but yeah,
So usually i use Maybeline Stilleto liquid eyeliner but somehow I lost my tube and I happened to be at walmart and saw this and its was about $1.75 so I thought why not!
But, it doesn't live up to my Maybelline eyeliner,
but for the price it's alright.
The brush is super annoying and long but it's good for touch ups.
It's not super black like how I prefer my eyeliner, it looks kindof grey and after about two "coats" I guess you could call it, it begins to look plasticy-and gross!
When my eyes watered, even a tad, it ran like CRAZY,
I'm experienced with liquid eyeliner and I found it difficult to use.
I just keep it on hand for emergencys and to line but water line. but I will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first liquid liners i ever used, actually one of the first few makeups items i bought, weird id buy liquid eyeliner like i was gonna make it look good? anyway, this is a staple & i know ill always have one of these.
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
These NYC Liquid Liners can be found wherever your NYC Color Cosmetics can be found. In drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, as well as Walmart & Target stores. Availability as well as price will vary depending on location. These are priced from $2-3 at most. They are super duper cheap esp if you wait for sales/discounts.
=SHADE/FORMULA=
nyc liquid liners come in two shades that I know of. Black & Dark Brown & i believe Sable Brown. I can only find two most of the time which Black is super black. It shows up black & pigmented. Dark Brown is a super dark brown almost black shade. Sometimes i dont even realize its brown til i read the label. Sable brown is more a med to dark brown. It still is dark enough to define yet let harsh than the previous two. I love em all & find they are a great formula. They all dry pretty quick but be careful for a few seconds like any liner you dont want to transfer it. The formula is a good consistency, neither too wet & runny, its a thickness that allows the liner to apply so easily. I learned w/ this formula & always come back to it. It goes on smooth, no thick globs & its thick enough that it dont smear or run into the lashes or fine lines like some ive tried. Its a great formula, super pigmented & these liners do dry to a semi-glossy finish. Its not too glossy that i mind it but to really get a matte finish, you can always top w/ a powder & that will also help keep the liner put for hrs longer since it absorbs any excess oils/moisture. Thats a good trick for those w/ oily lids. I find that on its own, these will last about 5 hrs before i see it chipping off but priming eyes, setting w/ a powder will give you hrs even more than 9 hrs with no problems. I love these liners & always end up going back to them. Im comfortable with them. Great basic shades for precise to more dramatic lines! its super easy with these
=PACKAGING=
These liners come in a thin long hard plastic tube- the tubes are the color of the liner but the dark brown is really dark so ive mistaken it for black sometimes. There is the logo/name on the tube & shade name is located on the bottom sticker. The packaging is simple & practical. There is a twist on lid w/ long wand. This is what i like about this. The wand is longer than most little mini ones where i have old lady hands which sometimes i cant grab things but the wand is longer so it helps w/ gripping but also i find its SO much easier to line the eyes with these. I ca maneveur around easily & do the Flicked or winged liner so easily. The traditional haired/bristle brush is a traditional kind not a felt tip but the bristles are very thin & compact that this is the easiest wand i can line with. I sometimes want to use it w/ others bc the brush is so fine & so easy to use. No frayed or loose crazy hairs. Its just the right length for lining. I can tilt it & line in an instant or use the dab & connect the lines method. Its a great amount of liquid liner actually 0.17oz to be exact which is ALOT. it will last quite some time.
So if you are looking for a really good liquid liner that performs & is easy to use, look no further. This is a super cheap yet great liner! I know i will continue to repurchase and use forever. Its just a really good liner. I know some have said it flakes but for me i havent had that problem unless its a really hot day & i didnt set it.. So i love it!
*update- i recently found Pearlized Black and its not a fav liner but still a great dark navy almost black shade with almost a metallic finish but i love to top it w/ my Cranky Girls black shadow (its my new HG black shadow for setting my liners) and it ends up being a nice black shade. I love the NYC Liquid Liners... its always been my fav liner since its so easy to apply any line from thick to thin, its great affordable & lasts! I have noticed since they have REPACKAGED these liners, they have decreased the size from 6ml to 5ml for the same price. i dont notice any difference in formula of liner & the brush is exactly the same if not a tad thinner which means, AMAZINGNESS! it stinks they decreased the size but either way, its still a crap load of liner that if you dont get thru you're not throwing away all this money, since its suggested to throw away liquid eye products every three months so that way you dont get infections/contamination. So its wonderful!! its worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Very pigmented and pretty good staying power. I have really oily eyelids and I also have hooded eyes, but I get very little smudging. The smudging doesn't affect how the eyeliner looks, if that makes sense? The line that you draw is still as dark as when you first drew it on, but some of it transfers BUT not enough of it transfers to make it fade. Also, it takes a couple of hours for it to begin smudging.

The only problem is that it takes a while to dry, which is a problem because of my hooded eyelids. I just keep my eye closed.

Overall, this is a really good liquid eyeliner for the price :) (~3CAD)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by katyeridao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the only other liquid liner i've tried is Wet n Wild h2o proof liner, and that wasn't too great, so i wasn't really expecting anything.

i love the brush of this liner! it's not stiff and hard, and it's not too flimsy. it's nice and thin so i can make thin lines easily, but i can make thicker lines too. however the brush is long so that may be hard for some people to use. it's a nice dark black, and i think that there's one other shade called pearlized black.

right now is the first time i'm wearing it, so i can't speak if there's smudging or flaking. but this definitely isn't waterproof because i could fix my line easily with a q-tip and water, so this probably shouldn't be worn in the summertime :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this at the drugstore without high expectations because it was so cheap. Needless to say, I really like this eyeliner! The black is really pigmented, it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes, and it's long lasting. I would really recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sammimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I BOUGHT THE WRONG ONE!! I have purchased this product over and over again in black. this time i accidentally purchased pearlised black, ok no problem its 2 dollars i figured id try it well...... it's blue! oh well for the price i can go buy another for day to day and keep the pearlized black (a.k.a blue) for halloween

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by erinjmt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Liquid eyeliners are not my thing. This one has pretty good pigmentation, is long lasting, and the applicator is actually completely fine. It does take a long time to dry and must be set with a powder shadow so it doesn't transfer. I've switched to gel and cream liners which dry faster and do not transfer, and have the same staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by INOREDNET

Please keep in mind that the eyeliner costs a mere 2-3 bucks... and for the price, it's the best of it's kind! I've never had problems with flaking, and it lasts very long (and I have very oily skin). What I love is the brush applicator (which seems to be a hit or miss), it goes on smooth and makes it so much easier to create my wings! Just give it a little time to dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by DanneKate

Definitely preforms better than the $8 Covergirl liquid eyeliner I was using before, it isn't watery and gives a bold line with straight edges. For the money it's perfect ($2!), I think next time I want to try another brand considering the brush is so long that it's hard to be precise. It also takes longer than some brands to dry. I will probably end up coming back to NYC because of of the inability to find anything better for under $10.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice black, but very hard to apply from the package. Messy and easy to make mistakes. It takes a while to dry too. But it does have good staying power. And id doesn't cost very much.