April 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by marissasabo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hello Ladies...

I used Feria Red and here is what I found:

- The tube provided for the color booster is messy and designed in a way that the liquid can easily spill out and stain whatever is in its path.

- I used the whole tube of shampoo and conditioner to wash my hair after the color job thoroughly and completely until the water ran clear only to find the red stains on my towel when my hair was drying.

- Imagine my surprise waking up and finding red color on my white pillow case!!!

- The color runs off and fades incredibly fast after only 2 washes

- The color is messy to apply. Lots of liquid and mixing. They should come up with a better solution like the cream dyes out there.

- This is the only brand I've used for red that has washed out so fast. I can't believe it and feel that I wasted my money.

- It is over-priced.

So ladies, the next time, I will try Clairol, Nutrience or give another brand a chance and it will be a red color.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by StaceyOakley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had the exact same problem with this haircoloring kit... My hair is also two-toned right now and it looks awful. I found that even though I covered all of my hair it still came out as if it didn't dye certain spots.... I wouldn't buy this product again, it was terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by mibbu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this feria hair color, it ruined my hair so bad, I tried warm black, the color at the box looked gorgeous black super shiny but when I tried, the hair on my head turned brown[I naturally have dark brown so It kinda turned brown] and the rest of the hair on my shoulder were black which are no more black as the color has faded and the brown is still there on my head, I look so weird having two toned here, I dont know if I have done something wrong or this product is a complete disaster.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by taropuff

I've been using Feria (Pure Diamond #100) since it first came out and I love love love it! I have saved thousands of dollars coloring my own hair, and if I am really diligent about using color-protecting shampoo, the color stays fresh and light. I color my naturally mousy brown hair every 4-7 weeks. It takes about 5 minutes to apply, and then I just do some cleaning up or tidying up for the 25 minutes it has to stay in. Perfect results, every time, and I've been asked many times where I go to get such great color. People usually can't believe I do it myself. Great product!! Oh, and the conditioner that comes in the box is wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kieraleerose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used the reds from feria. The red colour was gorgeous (I used Pure scarlett) But other than that i'm not entirely impressed to be honest. I mean all these brands talk about how they DON'T fade and how it stays the same for weeks on end. It's a load of rubbish. I limited to washing my hair once a week (disgusting i know) just so i could keep the colour longer. turns out it faded to a dingy coppery brown after just 3 washes! my roots stayed nice and red but as for the rest of my hair it was just a horrible copper colour with no red at all. I wouldn't recommend or use this product again, I'm just thinking of giving up with bright colours and going back to my natural colour! all hair dyes are the same in the end.

and as for the "pure scarlet" shade it turned out very dark and only looked red under light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Feria is my favorite boxed hair dye, though their shades aren't as edgy as they were a few years ago. I like the creamy consistency of the solution itself as well as the essential oil packet. The conditioner that comes with Feria is AMAZING. I use professional dye now that I purchase at Sally's, but if I need something quick I'll use Feria.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Viiictoria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Feria uses metallic deposit color in their reds which PERMANENTLY bond to your hair. I've been using a feria red for a year now and the color always looks great for a couple weeks, but after that not so much. Anyway, I wanted to go blonde this summer so I did a little research.

Apparently, these metallic dyes that feria uses are the spawn of Satan in the haircare world. Going lighter is impossible after you use such dye. Any sort of lightener or bleach you put over a metallic dye will cause a chemical reaction, causing your hair to MELT OFF. No joke ladies the only way to get this shit off is to cut it off. DO NOT USE. Professionals will all laugh you out the door when you come around saying you want it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used Feria in a myriad of shades. Copper Shimmer 74 used to be my favorite, but since I went back to my natural color I realize they have expensive product for little payoff... I used T53 twice in a row (medium ash brown) and the color faded in less than 2 weeks between my use of clarifying shampoo and regular shampoo (no more than twice a week overall). I switched to Garnier Nutrisse #51 (Medium Ash brown) and the color has held much longer so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Used Feria's Havana Brown (medium natural brown) on my light brown hair, hoping to darken it a bit and cover up some brassiness. The color came out much darker than the results on the box, which my hair always, always seems to do - one of these days I'll learn to choose a shade lighter than what I want. I'll never buy Feria again, though. My hair feels extremely dry and damaged, and has none of the "shimmering" effect they promise - it actually looks really flat ad dull.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by LegacyGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the midnight ruby color. Application was easy, but yes it smells just like any other hair dye. The color is fantastic, it came out just like the box. It is a little drying but the way to fix this is to use the conditioner that comes with the color. What I did was wash my hair 3 days after color, used a generous amount of the conditioner, and then wrapped my hair up and left it for 3-4 hours. My hair was back to its beautiful, silky smoothness after this. I will buy this color again and will just baby my hair. The little bit of dryness was worth it for the perfect color. It would get a 5 if they could fix the drying part.