L'Oreal Feria Haircolor

2.9

on 10/30/2011 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I have always loved this hair dye. I must be lucky but my dark brown hair always comes out gorgeous and sparkling with this brand. I've used a tone of shades over the last 10 years and I'm always happy. Right now my fav is T53 Medium cool brown. It gives me a rich chocolately but not reddish or orangey brown. It's like makeup for my hair. There isn't any other brand of dye that gives me such a shiney sparkling shade of brown.

My hair had gone through multiple colorings and even a transformation from jet black to platinum blonde without a scratch. It was still soft, bouncy and full....until Feria. I used one of the red shades, Copper Shimmer (more orange than red). Faded in three days and DESTROYED my hair. It has never felt the same. It is so dry and all the conditioning in the world cannot help it. I've had to resort to using semi-permanent haircolor only in the hopes of returning its health.

on 10/22/2011 1:13:00 AM

Feria is no better than Preference. My hair looks exactly the same with both, certainly no additional highlighting effect noted with Feria. And the Feria is always a few bucks more.

Please, sister hair color and makeup junkies, if you haven't tried Garnier Nutrisse hair color, try it now. It's so much better than Feria, and less expensive too.

on 10/18/2011 10:09:00 PM

WORST BOXED HAIRCOLOR ON THE MARKET!!!! this totally sucks!! I used the shade light brown on my dark brown hair, and it turned my roots pumpkin orange, and didn't change the bottom half at all. this isn't the first time this has happened, and I will never ever ever use this brand again! complete crap.

on 10/14/2011 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I picked up Feria in Espresso. I was not too thrilled with its long term perfomance. First off it did not have enough color to saturate my hair and that left me worried about missing spots. Then once I finished it seemed to leave my hair drier than usual. It did not cover all my grey's despite being a permanent color. On the positive the shimmering effect did leave "multi facets" in my hair. But I will not be buying again. Its one of the most expensive home kits to boot.

on 10/11/2011 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The tortoiseshell brown color sounded like a fine idea in theory; practice was another matter. The application process went smoothly, however the end results were slightly disturbing. It says I have brown hair in my profile--calico is more apt (mostly brunette with natural red and blonde highlights). Maybe the multicolored nature of my hair was an issue, though not a problem I've had with other dyes, but this one left me with orangish roots (a result which others warned of) and a ghoulish mossy green tint on my ends. Fun stuff. Can't say I'd recommend.

on 9/20/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I say I won't buy this again but I must admit I sometimes get swooped up in al the hype of a "brighter" color shade..... Anyway, with that being said, I'm usually very quickly reminded of why I dislike this product: MY HAIR ENDS UP FEELING LIKE I JUST PUT TAR IN IT!!!! It's so harsh on my hair that every single time I wash it, it feels so rough and nasty until I completely saturate my hair with conditioner. Now you may think it's my shampoo but, believe me, I've switched up my shampoos and conditioners because I want to give this haircolor the benefit of the doubt but the outcome is always the same. I go from salon line products to drugstore products and nothing helps until I color my hair with a different brand of haircolor. Also, for some reason this last time I colored my hair with this haircolor it went from being Bright Blue Black to a coppery dark brown within a couple of weeks. It's as if the color completely faded out. I currently have a 1/2 stripe of dark brown hair with copper highlights in it towards the base of my roots (except for the outgrowth of where my natural dark brown hair is growing through. So needless to say, I'm going to the store to buy another brand of haircolor.

on 9/14/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Copper Shimmer #74 is my new go to. After reading tons of advice on at home coloring everything recommends going as light as you feel comfortable with. This color works well for my naturally read hair. I do all over color every 5 to 6 weeks and touch up my roots with Clairol root touch up in light auburn. I add low lights if I get too much sun and hi-lites in the winter to fight off the blahs.
L'oreal has quality items in their packaging too. Real gloves.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

another good product, that has gone bad.. Black Leather was my HG color.. it was a fabulous black, that was extremely shiny in the light.. it was gorgeous!!!! i would have people stop me in the street, just to compliment the color..

i stopped dying for a while, went blonde, then brown, and finally i wanted my natural black coloring back.. i bought this thinking i was going to get the fabulous shiny color again.. boy was i wrong.. this killed any previously dyed hair, and my new growth.. i could understand the ends, but the new virgin hair growing in? i have not used this again, nor would i recommend it..

on 9/5/2011 5:42:00 PM

I bought this in Starry Night, which is a black with blue tones. I was dyeing from my natural colour, which is medium brown with some lighter pieces, and I figured (based on my past experiences with other blue-blacks) that my hair would go mostly black, with the light brown/blonde parts turning into blue highlights. What I got was dull, dull matte black all over, no variance in tone at all, no blue in sight aside from the blue that ran out of my hair for weeks afterwards when I showered, regardless of protective products and sulfate-free shampoo. Until now, as it's faded a little... into a disgusting, swampy greenish-black, not blue-black.

To make matters worse, it left my normally healthy, somewhat oily hair totally dry, and I'm afraid to redye my hair -- it's been cracking a lot as it is, and I'll need to bleach to lift the colour. I've been doing vinegar rinses to help counter the brittleness, as well as the lack of shine, but it only helps so much. Will never, ever use a L'Oreal dye again.

Popular Hair Color Products