January 26, 2015 | 1069 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by RachRachRevolution

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair had gone through multiple colorings and even a transformation from jet black to platinum blonde without a scratch. It was still soft, bouncy and full....until Feria. I used one of the red shades, Copper Shimmer (more orange than red). Faded in three days and DESTROYED my hair. It has never felt the same. It is so dry and all the conditioning in the world cannot help it. I've had to resort to using semi-permanent haircolor only in the hopes of returning its health.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by catcoastal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Feria is no better than Preference. My hair looks exactly the same with both, certainly no additional highlighting effect noted with Feria. And the Feria is always a few bucks more.

Please, sister hair color and makeup junkies, if you haven't tried Garnier Nutrisse hair color, try it now. It's so much better than Feria, and less expensive too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

WORST BOXED HAIRCOLOR ON THE MARKET!!!! this totally sucks!! I used the shade light brown on my dark brown hair, and it turned my roots pumpkin orange, and didn't change the bottom half at all. this isn't the first time this has happened, and I will never ever ever use this brand again! complete crap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I picked up Feria in Espresso. I was not too thrilled with its long term perfomance. First off it did not have enough color to saturate my hair and that left me worried about missing spots. Then once I finished it seemed to leave my hair drier than usual. It did not cover all my grey's despite being a permanent color. On the positive the shimmering effect did leave "multi facets" in my hair. But I will not be buying again. Its one of the most expensive home kits to boot.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dhryan429

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The tortoiseshell brown color sounded like a fine idea in theory; practice was another matter. The application process went smoothly, however the end results were slightly disturbing. It says I have brown hair in my profile--calico is more apt (mostly brunette with natural red and blonde highlights). Maybe the multicolored nature of my hair was an issue, though not a problem I've had with other dyes, but this one left me with orangish roots (a result which others warned of) and a ghoulish mossy green tint on my ends. Fun stuff. Can't say I'd recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I say I won't buy this again but I must admit I sometimes get swooped up in al the hype of a "brighter" color shade..... Anyway, with that being said, I'm usually very quickly reminded of why I dislike this product: MY HAIR ENDS UP FEELING LIKE I JUST PUT TAR IN IT!!!! It's so harsh on my hair that every single time I wash it, it feels so rough and nasty until I completely saturate my hair with conditioner. Now you may think it's my shampoo but, believe me, I've switched up my shampoos and conditioners because I want to give this haircolor the benefit of the doubt but the outcome is always the same. I go from salon line products to drugstore products and nothing helps until I color my hair with a different brand of haircolor. Also, for some reason this last time I colored my hair with this haircolor it went from being Bright Blue Black to a coppery dark brown within a couple of weeks. It's as if the color completely faded out. I currently have a 1/2 stripe of dark brown hair with copper highlights in it towards the base of my roots (except for the outgrowth of where my natural dark brown hair is growing through. So needless to say, I'm going to the store to buy another brand of haircolor.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Copper Shimmer #74 is my new go to. After reading tons of advice on at home coloring everything recommends going as light as you feel comfortable with. This color works well for my naturally read hair. I do all over color every 5 to 6 weeks and touch up my roots with Clairol root touch up in light auburn. I add low lights if I get too much sun and hi-lites in the winter to fight off the blahs.
L'oreal has quality items in their packaging too. Real gloves.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by PrincessButtercup82

another good product, that has gone bad.. Black Leather was my HG color.. it was a fabulous black, that was extremely shiny in the light.. it was gorgeous!!!! i would have people stop me in the street, just to compliment the color..

i stopped dying for a while, went blonde, then brown, and finally i wanted my natural black coloring back.. i bought this thinking i was going to get the fabulous shiny color again.. boy was i wrong.. this killed any previously dyed hair, and my new growth.. i could understand the ends, but the new virgin hair growing in? i have not used this again, nor would i recommend it..

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by extermikate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Starry Night, which is a black with blue tones. I was dyeing from my natural colour, which is medium brown with some lighter pieces, and I figured (based on my past experiences with other blue-blacks) that my hair would go mostly black, with the light brown/blonde parts turning into blue highlights. What I got was dull, dull matte black all over, no variance in tone at all, no blue in sight aside from the blue that ran out of my hair for weeks afterwards when I showered, regardless of protective products and sulfate-free shampoo. Until now, as it's faded a little... into a disgusting, swampy greenish-black, not blue-black.

To make matters worse, it left my normally healthy, somewhat oily hair totally dry, and I'm afraid to redye my hair -- it's been cracking a lot as it is, and I'll need to bleach to lift the colour. I've been doing vinegar rinses to help counter the brittleness, as well as the lack of shine, but it only helps so much. Will never, ever use a L'Oreal dye again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just used this on my hair today and I'm undecided as to what to think. I used a deep warm brown color. It is about the darkest brown before you get into the blacks. My hair naturally is a nasty dishwater, ashy blonde but my eyebrows are pitch black so I always keep my hair very dark colored. It is definitely super shiny and seems to have streaks of goldish colored highlights. The color is NOT flat, matte and life sucking like some I have used. But the color has a weird "brassy" tinge to it that I can't seem to figure out. In certain lighting, the hair has a greenish coppery brass ash tone. Then in other light it looks very rich and brilliant. It is so hard to explain.

The roots did not take up as much color so they are a brighter, lighter brown color. The back of the hair (it is very long) is leaning more toward black. I have NEVER had that happen before. It's not terrible because my hair is curly and when I put the gel and mouse products in it, it all appears the same color for the most part anyway.

The color applicator was great - the long thin tip made application very easy. I normally use L'Oreal Preference Creme and I found this much easier to apply and saturate the hair with than the Preference Creme.

The conditioner is not nearly as nice as the Preference Creme conditioner. This conditioner smells very chemical'ly and harsh. But it did seem to deep condition my hair, so that's good.

Overall I probably wouldn't buy it again. It certainly wasn't a disaster or anything, but it wasn't anything great either. What I love is that the hair is extremely shiny and highlighted looking, but I don't like the lighter colored roots and that weird ashy tone in certain light.