MAC Fresh Moroccan Lipstick

4.1

on 3/8/2003 5:13:00 PM

This is a daytime red for me. It has a hint of pink in it on me though,,, not to bad! And it had a golden shimmer/microsparkle to it.
I really like it a lot except it is VERY dry! It wears off to a mucky left behind look and feel in an hour! continued >>

I love this color. Almost perfectly replicates a traditional lip makeup of North Africa made from poppies, walnut root, and gold dust. It's a strong red with slight brown influence and both pink and gold shimmer. It reads as a warm deep red, similar to but warmer than "O". It wears longer than "O", too. I usually stay away from reds with brown in them, but this is different, not drab but deep.

on 3/4/2003 11:11:00 PM

Fresh Moroccan is a pretty deep reddish lipstick with gold glittery sparkles. Applied lightly, it'll give lips a sheer berry stain with sparkles. Applied straight on with intensity it will be a definite WOW mouth, obvious sparkly red! This lipstick is slightly drying, and might have the potential to fuschia-ize on some. I'm happy with it for a special occasion lipstick.

on 3/3/2003 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

First off this is an awesome color. I thought that it would be too dark, but it's the most gorgeous shade of sightly wine toned red with golden shimmer. It's a beautiful color that doesn't scream bright red, on me it's slightly muted and the texture isn't grainy or drying. I got many compliments wearing this color and plan to repurchase when I run out.

Honestly, I really wanted to like this lipstick. I'm not usually someone who wears reds, but lately I find that mixing them w/ clear lipglass tones them down enough to wear. I love gold, so the shimmer aspect of this color was appealing. However, the shimmer seemed to be more gold glitter, hence a gritty feeling. I loved the way the color looked, but I just couldn't stand the feeling on my lips. If you don't mind the gritty/glitter, I would recommend this color, it's beautiful.

on 3/1/2003 3:22:00 PM

This will be returned or swapped. It looks beautiful in the tube, but turned a dark, rusty-burnt orange with just a touch of red when applied.

Earlier descriptions made it sound a bit different, so YMMV, but for me this just wasn't a good choice. I will stick with my MAC Polished Up!

on 2/27/2003 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

FM is a gorgeous colour: warm red (orangey-brown cast) with golden shimmery microglitter. This lipstick is like Rage with more shimmer. It's a striking colour, but not too out there on my NC43-45 skin. (I usually have a phobia of bright lip colours, but I really like the way this looks). My only quibble with it, is that the glitter feels a little gritty. This doesn't really bother me, but I suspect it may bother others. I use Hot Poppy eye kohl to line this lipstick, because it has a bit of golden shimmer to it. Mahogany is another excellent match though matte. It's great with a really classic face: Texture e/s on lids and cheeks, Carbon e/s pressed into lashline, tons of black mascara.

on 2/26/2003 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this lipstick, and unfortunately, it didn't work out for me (and I really wanted it to!). In the tube, it's a brick-red with lots of shimmer. But when I put it on (I'm an Asian MMM, MAC C4/C40), it turned really orange. Disappointing. :( Also agree that it's quite a hard texture, quite gritty.

on 2/24/2003 12:46:00 AM

I was "ascared" that this color wouldn't work on me since it was with the warm-toned colors and I'm cool-toned and very fair. Wow! It does work! I feel so sparkly & spangly wearing this! On me it's a shimmery brick red (gold shimmer). Definitely an evening color, I'd say -- and a party color at that. :-)

on 2/22/2003 9:41:00 PM

I just bought this yesterday. It was my second trip to the MAC counter (my first was 2 weeks ago). I'm addicted to MAC now!! This lipstick is a nice, pretty color that I'll probably wear every other day. I use it with Burgunday l/l and clear Lipglass.

Popular Lipsticks