April 21, 2014 | 1356 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by bubblepop915

the first time i tried this product i was so happy i looked so good. it wasnt like an olive kind of tan but it was very sun kissed looking. however, the second time i tried it about a month later after stopping using it i looked like an oompa lumpa, dont know whats up with that. I wouldnt buy again, nd i am DYING to try sun labratories self tanning products!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Limber

I tried this a few years ago when I was completely new to self tanning. The results were terribly streaky and disgusting. I was mortified and ditched drugstore tanners and have since been trying higher end ones, each of which I have been satisfied with on and off over the past few years (Clinique, Lancome, Mary Kay, Glowfusion and most recently St Tropez). St. Tropez is my favourite so far but I find the messy and inconvenient application process SO lame. I ended up switching to L'oreal sublime glow (the gradual version of sublime bronze) which I absolutely adore. However, I am finding these days that sublime glow is always seems to be out of stock (maybe discontinued)... I decided to try sublime bronze again and Im so glad I did! I think the main reason it was so horrendous for me before was that I really had no idea what I was doing; self tanning is definitely not just about even application. Moisturizing and exfoliation are so important (along with a tanner that suits your particular skin tone). I am quite pale and this one never turns me anything but a beautiful toasty brown. Before I apply (any brand) fake tanner, I exfoliate my whole body with my fave scrub (Tree Hut Brazil Nut), then after drying off I moisturize my ankles, knees, elbows, hands and feet. I carefully apply the tanner all over, sometimes including my face. For me, my tan stays even and dark if moisturize every day and exfoliate every few days. I reapply it about every 4 days. I also try to shave at least 24 hours prior to application. Hope this helps someone!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

let me start by saying that i usually avoid getting any kind of tan,i'm generally around NC 30-35 naturally.one year my upper body got quite dark but my legs were oddly pasty so i decided to give this a whirl despite being very wary of self tanners-bought a cheap one a long time ago that turned me orange.
i was very pleased with this.i liked that the gel was tinted so i could see where i'd applied it/get a little color right away.it blended easily for me and didn't cause any irritation.personally,i liked the sparkles,but since i only used this on my legs it wasn't over the top.had i needed to use this on my chest/arms,i probably wouldn't be a fan.
my favorite part about this was that it gave me a believable,bronzy-brown tan,not an orange glow.
if i had a need for self-tanner again,i would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ABreezySays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since VS has a tendency to discontinue their products (as did w. their liquid bronzer) I was stuck getting this. I have no problems as far as color goes. I already achieved a golden tan and thought this would make my skin glowy, so I went ahead and purchased L'OREALS version. I usually layer on a coat of lotion,baby oil and then finally the bronzer. I find this technique doesn't give that fake orange tan look l0l. Anyways the major con of this bronzer, I feel, is the smell. I hate it ! It's just not pleasant, to say the least, despite all my efforts of layering "/

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by ThisIsNotATroll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Left me with an orange hue

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by yoitzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'M ORANGE WITH GLITTER! I saw this and picked it up decided to try it out. I didn't get any streaks (after blending till parts of my skin was RED) but my palms and my legs and the undersides of my arms (pretty much all the areas that was much lighter and needed a boost of tan) are OOMPA LOOMPA ORANGE. To top it off, the stuff has glitter so not only am I an oompa loompa, I'm a tween oompa loompa. The scent is strong and the formula is extremely sticky. I dried off for 20 minutes before putting my clothes back on and my shirt was stuck to my back the second I put it on. EUGH. Never buying this AGAIN!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Mtnltng7171

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this laying around my house so I thought I'd try it. Whenever I apply bronzer to my skin I always mix in lotion so to get no streaks. I just don't like the smell & it's not the perfect bronzing color I'm looking for.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff dries into a sparkly sticky mess. Every time I sit on my leather office chair or leather car seats, my legs stick! Gross! Will not be purchasing again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually stay away from the self tanner aisle in the drugstore and I forgot why until this past weekend when I went there looking for aloe vera, and saw this product on the shelf. Dear God, NO I would NEVER buy this terrible product again! If you have sensitive skin stay far far away from this stuff. Not only did it make my legs oompa loompa orange, it also gave me little red bumps all over my legs that lasted for 2 or 3 weeks. I first tried this product when it first came out when I was in high school and had to wear pants for the last few weeks of school because of the terrible itchy rash on my legs. To make matters worse, it was May in California- terribly hot and uncomfortable!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Terminatrix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I have it in the tinted lotion Medium Natural Tan. It does not streak [when blended well] and it is not orangey but a good looking tan! Only thing I hate is those damn sparkles. Whoever's idea was to add sparkles to this formula needs to be slapped! I noticed the sparkles on my arm after application and walking outside. I looked worse than a teeny bopper on prom night!

Other than the sparkles, I like the fact that it tints at first because it shows where its been applied to already and helps me to blend it well. I blend using gloves because the first time I used it and blended without gloves the stuff did not wash well from my hands and i had DARK palms. Gloves recommended during application. Plus it dries fairly fast so I dont have to wait long to dress and go about my business. Overall, highly recommended!

I havent used the towelettes version that I heard is out there but Im thinking about them for use on my face... we'll see

UPDATE: 6/7/10 So its been a couple weeks since i first started using this lotion tanner and I have to agree with another reviewer that it fades HORRIBLY! It fades very freckly and its embarrassing to wear a shoulder bearing shirt since its where the freckling is more noticeable. I'm not sure whether to put more on to hide the fading freckle look or just wait it out and let it fade off by itself. Point is that its good when you first have it on but once it starts to fade... good luck with that freckle look