April 16, 2014 | 860 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by eclairepayne

This cleanser leaves this amazing cooling sensation on your face instantly! I used this two times a day and at first i thought it was clearing my skin because of the cool feeling. But don't be fooled by it, a few days later i started noticing more pimples in my t-zone and some on my chin and cheeks that I never get pimples on. :/ I had to go back to Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash Grapefruit Scrub and Cetaphil's gentle cleanser to remove the new pimples. My skin is generally clear except for a few blackhead or scars, or occasionally a few pimples here and there, but with Neutrogena's Clear Pore Cleanser/ Mask, it did not help at all but give me new pimples. It may react differently to different types of skin but I would not suggest this to people with my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kcsunshine1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm 32 and have struggled with acne since I was 15. I did a course of Accutane at 17 and another at 19. My acne came back both times. My 20s were pretty miserable. Every time I 'celebrated' a birthday, I hoped that it would be the last year that I had to deal with acne, but it never seemed to happen. I've been to 6 dermatologists who put me on various birth control pills, antibiotics, peels, lasers, topicals. You name it, I've tried it...twice. I even went to cosmetology school to get my esthetician license thinking that if I could learn how the skin works, I would be able to 'cure' my own acne.

Around the age of 29, I figured out that my skin is VERY sensitive. I always knew it was sensitive, but I finally understood that my skin is just about as sensitive as they come. Then, I discovered this product. Looking at the ingredient list, I would have NEVER thought that my skin would tolerate this product. It contains menthol and fragrance, which are notorious 'no nos' for sensitive-skinned people. I don't know what possessed me to try it anyway, maybe intuition. My skin immediately improved. I would go through phases where I would get weak and try new products and BOOM! Horrible breakouts.

I get it now. My skin can only tolerate BP and can only tolerate it in small doses. As long as I don't stray from this, my skin stays decent. No, I will never have 'nice' skin. I (sadly) have scarring from years and years of dealing with this horrible condition, but I am no longer scared to face the world, to take a picture, to have someone touch my face. My routine is on my notepad if you're interested in the rest of it. Good luck!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I use this as my normal, every day face wash. I used to use it just as a mask, but I have found other masks in the same price range that work better.

I take my makeup off with cold cream, and then use the clear pore cleanser mask as a follow up to take off the residue the cold cream leaves behind. Ive never had a problem with it irritating or over drying my skin, I actually think its quite gentle considering the ingredients. Love, and will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

I like how this cleanser isn't harsh on my skin yet it has a tingley mint smell and feeling after I use it. My whole face was infested with pimples and after I started using clear pore , I was very sure this helped my skin a lot :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Taliamichelina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Didn't really do anything! One lippy. don't waste your money or time

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ballet7xx

I wasn't very fond of this product. I only used it a couple times. I tried it as a mask and it irritated my skin. as someone else pointed out, it has a warning that says "can lighten hair." that's scary; it must have a really harsh ingredient in it. for that reason i do not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by parisbeautiee11213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i lovee it!!!!! it dries skin a little but clears acne! do not use on dry skin!! always follow with a daily mousturizer!!!!! definitately try this!!! i will never switch again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Miravelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Using this as a mask, I immediately had to wipe it off because cooling intensity was more like an irritated-burning sensation (that was more intolerable than any facial peel I've used). I don't have sensitive skin but my skin reacted immediately to this product. If you're using this for the first time, don't use it in the morning (like right before work or class) in case it turns your face bright red instantly.

Still have to give this 5 stars because it's extremely powerful. Just please start off using a little at a time so your face can get used to it :) I really like this as a multi-use product and I'm looking forward to using it to clear blackheads & use as an overnight spot-treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by allmyfriendsarecowboys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I broke out around my period so I picked this up and used it as a mask. I was really suprised at when I looked at my face the next morning. This worked wonders overnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by NickyZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Please don't discontinue this product! I love the smell and texture of it. I haven't been using it long but it dramatically clears up any breakouts and doesn't overly dry my oily skin, but it seems to control oil somewhat.

The concentration of BPO is 3.5%, which seems to be a good concentration to do its job and not be irritating. I'm not sure if it's the BPO or the kaolin in the cleanser that sucks up all the oil, but I love it. There aren't many cleansers at the drugstore that have a lower % of BPO that I've come across.