MAC Satin - Grain

4.5

on 2/14/2007 5:29:00 PM

This is a very neutral beige with peach undertones. It works very well as a base. It's a good basic e/s to have in a makeup collection. In the pot it looks very similar to Ricepaper but it is much more of a base color, versus Ricepaper which is more of a highlighter shade.

on 1/18/2007 1:27:00 PM

Its funny because I ran across this color in MAC recently while looking for a nice neutral "wash" color and I realized, Ive never even heard of this color! Its a really nice peachy beige neutral with a little hint of shimmer. It goes on very smooth and blends nicely with my skin tone. Definetly an underrated color!

on 9/11/2006 7:54:00 PM

This is a nice quality shadow, but there is a tad too much *pink* or something in it to work for me. I can't really put my finger on it, but it almost makes me look as if I am ill. I really wanted to like this shadow! It feels beautiful going on, though. Beautiful texture.

on 9/4/2006 6:14:00 PM

This is my HG natural e/s. I use it lash to brow as a quick wash for days when I don't have time to fool around with my eye makeup and just want a polished look. This color brightens up the eye without looking too light/whitish. I love the satin formula-it's so smooth and easy to apply and perfect for a natural look-not OTT shimmery like the frosts or flat like the mattes.

on 9/2/2006 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love Grain! I use it every day as my brow highlighter. It is not too dark or too light (I'm NC20) and it gives a very pretty shimmer but not an overly sparkly look. It's just perfect. I think this would go very well with any other eye shadow color. This is great as a base to a smoky eye or if you simply want a quick and easy daytime look. Top this with liner and mascara and you're done. I will definitely purchase Grain again. This is one I would not want to be without!

on 8/29/2006 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I find myself reaching for this e/s more than any of my others these days. It is a nice peachy beige which suits my PPP/blue eyes/strawberry blonde hair colouring.

on 8/21/2006 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Must agree with other reviewers...this is the perfect subtle pink/peach shadow which can stand alone for the "my eyes but only better" look, but is also great as a wash, and base for other colors. Love it with taupe or purple/violet shades.

Finally, a MAC shadow I like! I have been disappointed with the quality and colors of all the MAC neutrals I have tried, but this one is very pretty--reminds me of a cooler version of the NARS AAE shimmery shade. This is cool and shimmery with a less chunky unappealing textures than Naked Lunch, for example, which did not work for me at all (NW20, hazel eyes for reference).

on 4/29/2006 1:03:00 AM

I wear this shadow everywhere. It works in the most conservative office settings and at nightclubs, and updates your look while keeping it simple. It's skintoned peachy-beige with a visible but beautiful shine, and looks classier than a matte shadow which accentuates every hollow and wrinkle. You just swipe it on as a wash, and it stays on the whole day. I love MAC makeup, but have tried many other shadows, and found nothing that compares to this one. I'm a warm-toned redhead with pale skin and hazel eyes, and find Soba, Espresso and Wedge to be too dark, and Shroom, Mylar and Brule to be too light.

on 3/21/2006 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Grain is a GREAT color! I love that I can wear it alone as a wash and it looks terrific, or, I can jazz it up with a darker crease color. But most of the time, I am in a hurry; and I like that I can always rely on Grain for a quick, no-fuss, eye-pick-me-up! Looks great with some dark eyeliner and some MAC Dazzlelight on the brow bone! For reference, hazel (green-brown) eyes, NW25/NC30 skintone (I've been matched to both), dark hair.

Top Rated MAC Products