October 26, 2014 | 1224 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Grain! I use it every day as my brow highlighter. It is not too dark or too light (I'm NC20) and it gives a very pretty shimmer but not an overly sparkly look. It's just perfect. I think this would go very well with any other eye shadow color. This is great as a base to a smoky eye or if you simply want a quick and easy daytime look. Top this with liner and mascara and you're done. I will definitely purchase Grain again. This is one I would not want to be without!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 9:54:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find myself reaching for this e/s more than any of my others these days. It is a nice peachy beige which suits my PPP/blue eyes/strawberry blonde hair colouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 12:02:00 AM More reviews by pariscat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Must agree with other reviewers...this is the perfect subtle pink/peach shadow which can stand alone for the "my eyes but only better" look, but is also great as a wash, and base for other colors. Love it with taupe or purple/violet shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2006 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kristenmc1218

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally, a MAC shadow I like! I have been disappointed with the quality and colors of all the MAC neutrals I have tried, but this one is very pretty--reminds me of a cooler version of the NARS AAE shimmery shade. This is cool and shimmery with a less chunky unappealing textures than Naked Lunch, for example, which did not work for me at all (NW20, hazel eyes for reference).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 1:03:00 AM More reviews by LizLizLiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wear this shadow everywhere. It works in the most conservative office settings and at nightclubs, and updates your look while keeping it simple. It's skintoned peachy-beige with a visible but beautiful shine, and looks classier than a matte shadow which accentuates every hollow and wrinkle. You just swipe it on as a wash, and it stays on the whole day. I love MAC makeup, but have tried many other shadows, and found nothing that compares to this one. I'm a warm-toned redhead with pale skin and hazel eyes, and find Soba, Espresso and Wedge to be too dark, and Shroom, Mylar and Brule to be too light.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 3:19:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Grain is a GREAT color! I love that I can wear it alone as a wash and it looks terrific, or, I can jazz it up with a darker crease color. But most of the time, I am in a hurry; and I like that I can always rely on Grain for a quick, no-fuss, eye-pick-me-up! Looks great with some dark eyeliner and some MAC Dazzlelight on the brow bone! For reference, hazel (green-brown) eyes, NW25/NC30 skintone (I've been matched to both), dark hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2006 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Bethwte

VERY similar to naked lunch, both are great color washes to put under any look

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by sparklyspecks

This is an underrated MAC eyeshadow. It's my favorite spring wash. I sometimes have a hard time deciding between this or Naked Lunch because they are somewhat similar, except NL is a frost and this is a satin. Also, I think Grain has a little more pink in it and Naked Lunch has more beige. But they are both gorgeous as washes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by GirlWithGloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this shadow! It adds a little something to my eyes without adding much color. I like the natural look so the light peachy shade works well. This is the shadow I reach for everyday so I'm sure I'll be buying this again and again. Up-close the shadow looks very pretty on the eyes because it's really subtle, especially under soft lighting and candlelight. Goregeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2005 1:27:00 PM More reviews by ah63

This is what I wanted phloof to be, but that color was too light on me. I am so glad the MA put this on me becuase I had been looking for a natural color I could put on my entire lid. This isn't too light for me, looks natural and adds shimmer, just like I wanted. It has a subtle hint of peach color, but very subtle. I know I'll repurchase this since I use it just about every day.