April 20, 2014 | 1587 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - HAI Convertable Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by rutis

I used to have the Solano Sapphire iron, but finally got fed up with it yanking the hairs out of my head. I wouldn't say that the Hai Convertable straightens hair better than my old iron, but it is certainly easy to use. Doesn't yank my hair, heats up really fast, and doesn't weigh much. I hope it lasts so I don't have to repurchase because of the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2005 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ets_steph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product REALLY straightens ur hair in NO time. It's definately the best product for hair straightening..but it really damages your hair. I've used it once after getting my hair trimmed and it gave me split ends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2005 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

I'll just start out by saying I'm a hairdresser, so I've tried an array of flat irons (Hardcore, Chi, Superstar, Wigo, T3, Hot Tools...) and I really like this one. It heats up quickly, and is ceramic which IS better because it retains heats and disturbute the heat more evenly. This is turn allows you to get straighter the first time through so you don't have to go over and over again, which dries the hair. Plus the edges are rounded so you can flip your hair in or out. And one last thing, this should last you a lifetime, but if for whatever reason I had to repurchase it again, I would.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2005 5:53:00 AM More reviews by jekki012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this iron... what can I say? I started off with a conair, which fried my hair and actually made it frizzy because I had to go over my hair with the iron so many times. (It was made of stainless steel or something... doesn't get nearly as hot as a ceramic iron would) Then there was the hot tools ceramic iron, which worked for a while, until the ceramic coating chipped off... Then came my HAI convertable. It heated up way faster than any other iron, had a much larger heat range, the plates were smooth, and on top of that, it didnt damage my hair! In fact, it seems to make my hair softer than before I straighten it! It also makes your hair shinier... I swear by this iron and I dont go anywhere without it! If you have any doubts about buying a ceramic iron, or this iron in particular, cast your doubts aside because this iron is well worth more than its price! Dont waste your money on irons that dont work or fry your hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

I absoultely love love love my HAI Convertible. I use with Beyond the Zone Turn up the Heat for best results. NO matter the style I'm looking to achieve, i can get it perfected with this flat iron. It is the perfect plate size, does not damage my hair, makes the hair smooth and shiny and straight all day long, and has temp. control! Needless to say, I'd purchase this again if the situation should occur that it breaks. If you are looking for different sized plates, i'd suggest the Sedu.. which is really becoming popular!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2005 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jamie535

I love this iron. It makes my curly frizzy hair completely straight and shiny. I've never used another high end iron before so I don't really have anything similiar to compare this to but it's way better than the Conair I used to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2005 10:28:00 PM More reviews by sickstew

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! i can't do without this. if i had to pick three things to bring with me to an island it would be a toothbrush, tweezers (hey, i'm afghan), and THE HAI 2 CERAMIC IRON. i adore it. my hair is very very very curly and very thick (see profile for pic, lol). regular irons could never completely straighten my hair. i could spend two hours trying and it would never be completely straight. now it takes me 10 minutes to make it absolutely straight and shiny and silky. my hair feels so healthy, both straight and curly. i used to use drugstore brands (i've tried a ton) and have to shower the night before so i could wake up extra early and have my hair straight for school, and like i said, my hair wouldnt even be completely straight. i'd go with slightly wavy and fried hair. now it's PERFECT! i seriously could not live without this iron. i own the 2 inch and i got it for about $70 usd on ebay. worth every penny and i'd be willing to pay twice that much

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2004 12:50:00 PM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! Just WOW! My hair looks just as perfect as it does when I pay big bucks to have it blown out at a salon. I went from a crappy WIGO to this. What a difference! I use the BTZ Turn up The Heat before I straighten. Get one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2004 2:13:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought my HAI flat iron in the Spring of 2002 to replace my Solano Sapphire. I haven't looked back since. It still works perfectly and the plates are still immaculate-- no chips/scratches at all. I love the temp. control setting, too. With just one pass over my hair (set on medium/high heat) my loose curls go poker straight! Amazing! My Sapphire never worked as well as this baby. "If" it ever burns up, you can be sure that I'll be purchasing another. Also, the size of the HAI Convertable is second to none... it's neither to big, nor to small. Just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2004 7:25:00 PM More reviews by fashionjunke13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had 2 Conair flat irons in the past. The first one was literally crap, the second one was a ceramic iron, and did an OK job of my short hair but not to good on my sisters longer hair. After about 6 months it started to loose heat on my sisters hair and it just went way down hill.

I started to look for a new flat iron and went online to research which would be the best and came across reviews of the Hai at folica! I went back and forth on whether to buy it or not, it was a lot of money compared to my cheapy Conair iron. I finally found it on ebay for $65.00 american. So I decided to buy it. All in all it was $125.00 CAD with shipping.

WAS IT EVER WORTH IT! Holy! This flat iron is literally the best beauty purchase I've ever made! If your on the verge of getting it, or you can't decide let me advice you a little! BUY IT! You'll never regret it!

EDIT: Just as fabulous as before, NO amount of money is worth what this baby does for me, this is worth $300!