August 28, 2014 | 1169 users online

Blush - Pixi - Cheek Gel Blush

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by productqueen26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This blush is wonderful for girls who love the look of cheek stain but haven't found one that doesn't make them break out. My skin is ultra-sensitive to products and breaks out at the least provocation. I've been using this for days-long enough to tell if it's going to give me spots. Nothing- except natural color. I bought it in Rosy, and it's very complimentary to my olive/yellow skin tone. May try another color when it's back in stock. Spendy, but worth it for such a high quality product. Finally (!) no more powder blush. I'm getting too old for powder anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by curlymama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this blush and was very happy to see Target now carries the Pixi line. A couple years ago I used to get this online at Sephora but they haven't carried it in a long time. Out of all the cheek stains I've tried (Clinique, Lorac, Vincent Longo), this is by far the easiest to apply and blend, great selection of natural looking colors, and has great staying power that doesn't rub off.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by SweetDecember

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Whoa, Pixi's gel blush is waaaaaaaay better than Tartes! It doesn't make my skin feel sticky like Tarte's blush does. I love how Pixi's gel blush is more sanitary since it's in a tube and gives my cheek such a naturally looking and pretty color. Tarte's blush is messy since it has melted in my car several times. It's even better than TheBalm cheek stain, which goes on very uneven and streaky no matter how quickly I put it on. Pixi gel blush is my new HG!

The staying power is great and the colors are sooo pretty. I LOVE both "flush" and "natural."

Even though $20 is pretty scandalous for a small amount of gel where there are some gel blushes that cost only $14 or even less at Sephora I still think the $20 is worth it for the quality and outcome of the product and a little does go a long way. Pixi gel blush is still the best gel blush-even better than the ones at Sephora hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by nephine

Pixi Blusher in Natural:
I can't sing this blusher enough praises. If you're after a sheer, post-work-out rosy hue on your cheeks, then this is perfect. The light, gel-like consistency makes you think that the colour won't show up, but when rubbed onto the skin, it sinks in without any tackiness, and gives such a lovely glow without any glitter, sticky sheen or over-powering colour. I have oily, blemished, sensitive skin (lucky me!), and this blusher hasn't caused my skin any problems, and is so long lasting and doesn't fade. It really is quite remarkable. While it may seem really pricey (14) for the small tube you get, it lasts for ages because you only need a tiny blob on both cheeks. You can even dab it on lips for a matte subtle stain. I've had mine for three years (packaging is excellent - not a single leak), and while i like to use my Mac powder blushes for different looks, this is the one product I refuse to remove from my makeup bag.

Oh, and I bought this in Fresh (a translucent peach), and while it doesn't really show up on my fair/medium skintone when used alone (for paler skin this'll be divine), it adds a lovely warmed, tanned effect when applied under Natural. I'm hoping to buy SunKissed next, which I'm sure would be amazing for a holiday-tan effect.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by NinjaKiwi

If only if only I had some cash!
I was over at my friends house, and Kinda rummaging through her gynormous makeup CASES and stumbled upon this, I usually dont wear blush but i'm adventerous and GEL blush just sounds like fun, she showed me how to apply it and it was so cute.

It stayed for a while
Nice color
DIdnt Cakeup like some of the other blushes ( Cheaper brands..)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by skygirl78

I purchased this on a whim from Sephora. I bought Rosy. Gorgeous pinky red stain. It stays pretty well. On me it looks like I just came in from the cold. I really like this and will be trying more colors. NC 25/ LSF 5/ BB Sand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I truly love this gel blush. It turned me into a big Pixi makeup fan. I need to remember to try more Pixi products. I have this gel blush in Rosy as well as Pixi's powder and several Pixi lip glosses, and I'm very pleased with all the products. I have gotten on a blush kick in the last year. I bought Pixi gel blush in Rosy in November 2005 from Sephora, and it quickly became my favorite blush. It provides the most natural looking flush on my pale skin. It provides good, natural color without looking at all fake, overly made up or too flashy. And it applies wonderfully, too. Then I started using a variety of blushes, so Pixi no longer became my everyday blush. Lately I started using it regularly again, and I was reminded why I love it so much. It really does provide such natural looking color. It's lovely. After putting on my makeup this morning, I thought, "I really need to write a review for this." I've been using it for almost a year, and I was pleased with it from the get-go and remain very pleased with it. Good stuff. Will definitely rebuy again in Rosy and plan to try other shades as well. I have two Tarte blushing sticks (both of which I like a lot although they are much stickier than Pixi's blush), Smashbox ultraviolet gel stick (which I like, too) and Benefit Benetit (which was my first of this type product and my least favorite), and several other gel blushes as well as stick blushes. Pixi is my favorite and the best of the lot hands down. Also my skin has become drier as I've gotten older (I'm 38 now), and this blush works very well with my pale, sensitive skin. I think it would work well with all skin types.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say I've ever been a fan of cheek gels, but I got this in Rosy on a whim and I can say that I'm actually quite pleased with it. The thin gel consistency freaked me out a little at first as I was wondering how exactly this stuff would work. I applied it with the finger tips, I guess it kind of leaves a nice "stain" in the cheeks that mimic a non-shimmery (despite the shimmeriness in the tube) fluster that's a little more cool-toned than my natural blushing shade, but still very nice. You must be sure to blend or it can look a bit streaky. The staying is pretty good once you let it really sit into your cheeks. I don't think I would repurchase though. Powder blushes are easier to apply for me. I don't I would repurchase this though but it's a good alternative to those who hate powder blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 1:30:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap, in a shade called "Blushing." On the Sephora website, it was described as "primrose" (whatever that means). I find it to be a gorgeous mauve that looks completely natural on my cool/neutral PPP complexion. The texture is great--the gel just sinks right into my cheeks, giving me that elusive "glowing from within" look. At $20, it's a bit expensive for gel blush, but the quality is so great that I'm seriously thinking about buying a few more colors, and you do get a lot in the tube. My best find of the last six months!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2005 3:18:00 AM More reviews by mollybeans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Rosy- it's a pretty pinky red. It was very natural looking, and made me feel very cute. I loved the way it blended, and I would definately buy it again.