Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

on 5/26/2010 8:42:00 AM

This is the first BB product that I did not like. I expected much more from this. Iíve been using this for a week and a half now & hereís my thoughts: The roller ball tip SEEMS like it would make the application process easier, but it doesnít. Like other reviewers said, sometimes nothing comes out, sometimes alittle, & sometimes it POURS out & pretty much gets all over your face. This can actually be dangerous if youíre treating a blemish on your forehead & it trickles down into one of your eyes, as this product is very strong & concentrated! The smell is a huge drawback- an absolutely awful black licorice scent, but fades after several minutes. When I first opened it, I figured I could just deal with the smell if the product actually worked for me. I feel this SLIGHTLY helps developing pimples, as in drying them out alittle, but not enough, and not worth buying this. I have very oily skin, so maybe this works better on dry-normal skin. I havenít used it long enough to see actual skin flakes in the bottle as Iíve read here, but I have to say that that would absolutely disgust & deter me from this product all on itís own! Iíve given up with this now- heading to the store to try out something different (possibly the other BB acne tx), then this will be in my trash bin. FAIL.

on 5/23/2010 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this because for some reason I was starting to break out a lot. I'm not really sure about this product...it smells so strongly that sometimes it makes my eyes water. If i put it on after i exfoliate it stings the pimples but that eventually fades. The applicator is easy to use but after a while I noticed that the contents of the bottle were getting cloudy and I realized they were tiny skin flakes! So the roller ball will pick up anything on your face and makes the product pretty nasty. I still use it because it's just dead skin. As to the effectiveness of the product, I feel like it does help by preventing the pimple from getting any worse. Still, it's no miracle product for me. Not sure if it's rebuy worthy.

on 5/19/2010 4:30:00 PM

I'm 23, never had acne up until a couple months ago. I tried to stick with natural products, and so this was a natural choice. It does have salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and lemon oil among other things. So it seems like it has great ingredients.

But it didn't do much for my blemishes. I think my acne is hormonal as well. So it might work for other people. I believe my acne was too severe. It does have a strong smell, but it didn't bother me. But I would say try it.

I bought J.A.S.O.N. tea tree gel a couple days ago. I'm hoping this helps with my routine.

on 5/13/2010 10:13:00 AM

this product may work a LITTLE BIT but nothing drastic and for $20AUD a bottle, you'll expect something better.

It absolutely stinks and the roll on is a pain in the butt! You will be rolling forever and nothing will come out and all of a sudden a gush of product will come out and you've drowned your face with it.

definitely would not buy again. terrible

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, I originally didn't care for this and didn't notice much. I'm not really a person who breaks out all the time. However, I had a monster pimple on my chin and used this product on it to try it again. And wow! The next morning, it pretty much dried the pimple completely out. It burned, and made the skin around it peel, but overall the redness and bump was gone.

on 4/29/2010 1:13:00 AM

I like this stuff. If I notice a zit coming on, I'll put this on the area and it really seems to stop it from getting bad or to the point where it needs to be popped. Others have mentioned that the roll-on applicator seems unsanitary, but I just figure since the stuff has alcohol in it, it's self cleaning? The only major drawback of this is that it leaves redness for quite a few hours. It also does sting (especially if I use it after I get out of the shower), but to me that just means it's working.

Well, this product does not really heal, but it does sooth and calm down the pimples, takes away the swelling over pimples, etc. It contains alcohol to kill the bacteria on the skin, but it does not dry out the skin as most alcohol containing products do.. Because this stick has some great herbal oils to moisturize and calm down the skin at the same time.

on 3/30/2010 6:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Didn't help with blemishes at all. Didn't do ANYTHING really. Pretty much just wasted my money, thats all it did.

This product made me break out... I think I was allergic to it or something. Awful, awful, awful! Never again will this stuff touch my skin! I also dislike that it is a "roll-on" stick... seems a little unhygienic.

on 3/18/2010 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

First, let me say that I love the smell of this. I love anything herby or camphory smelling. But most importantly, does it work? No, not for me anyway. I noticed no difference in my skin using this, just felt some tingling when I put it on.

Popular Treatments (Face)