The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/12/2004 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eh. Don't know how I feel about these. I have so many lips balms it is hard to use all of them, but I might use this one if I have absolutely nothing left. I LOVE the smell, but I found it is sort of tough to scrape it out of the pot, and unless you rub it in really well, it sort of looks white and cakey on your mouth.
If you take the extra time to make sure it is all nice and rubbed in, the results are worth it because you will have super shiny lips.
The downside? They are super greasy too. A good-before-bed lip balm maybe.

on 2/8/2004 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I admit that when these first came out I wasn't crazy about them. However, while out shopping recently I wandered into TBS and decided to try them out.

I really fell in love with the Coconut because of the amazing scent. It adds a nice shine to my lips and really does a great job of moisturizing. It doesn't leave a film on my lips at all. They were having a sale on these so I grabbed two! :o)

on 1/21/2004 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This really isn't bad. The scent is ok, but it can get really annoying after a couple weeks. I use it every day before bed and its only use is to go on my lips before bed, I don't expect anything else of it. Its really not a great gloss.

on 1/18/2004 12:34:00 PM

The packaging of this product is just like the body butters but smaller. The coconut smells heavenly, but when I applied it, it was cakey on my lips and left a whitish tint if I applied too much. It doesn't moisturizing very well at all. I only gave it a three because of the scent. It also is extremely sensitive to temperature. It melted very easily and got really hard when it was below fifty degrees.

on 1/11/2004 3:22:00 PM

I really like this lip balm. It didn't leave any white residue on my lips, and it's fairly moisturizing. The smell is delicious! I took one Lipstick off for the packaging. Having to stick your finger into it everytime isn't too hygenic and makes the smell change eventually - so this will just be an after shower product for me!

on 1/9/2004 11:12:00 PM

I got this in a swap and really like it. I don't find, like the other people, that it turns my lips white. It's a really nice scent. Makes my lips silky feeling

on 1/8/2004 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

this stuff smells delish and if you use too much it will leave a residue but thats rare for me. Not amazing moisture. I'm not amazed but not disapointed. I prob wont buy again just because of the price and I dont use this enough for it to probably ever run out (I'm a lip blam junkie)

on 12/25/2003 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

By now I know not to apply this in too thick a layer, lest I want a white film on my lips about an hour afterwards. Otherwise it's a pretty moisturizing lipbalm. The coconut scent is very pleasing, but I can see how the mini-tub packaging can be a problem - the product looks as if though it'd dry out in no time. Also I think the scent may go bad sooner or later, with me having to dip my finger in it everytime. One-time novelty thing for me. Won't buy it again.

on 11/16/2003 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think this is one of my HG lip balms. It has a wonderful creamy coconut scent/flavor. It moisterized my lips really well. I have been having a strange bout of dry lips due to the weather change and this cured it. A little goes a long way- if you use too much it will leave a weird coat of white stuff on your lips. I love the cute mini butter packaging.

on 11/15/2003 5:02:00 PM

Uggh! That is all I have to say about this product. Thankfully I just finished up my little tub. It is very thick and creamy, yet seems to make my lips flake. Forget about wearing during the day because it is goes on your lips with an oily white texture. The scent isnt anything to write home about either. I do want to try the grapeseed lip butter, because I heard it was 100% better. Just IMHO....

Popular Lip Treatments