April 16, 2014 | 975 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Coconut Lip Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2004 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This really isn't bad. The scent is ok, but it can get really annoying after a couple weeks. I use it every day before bed and its only use is to go on my lips before bed, I don't expect anything else of it. Its really not a great gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2004 12:34:00 PM More reviews by alexmain

The packaging of this product is just like the body butters but smaller. The coconut smells heavenly, but when I applied it, it was cakey on my lips and left a whitish tint if I applied too much. It doesn't moisturizing very well at all. I only gave it a three because of the scent. It also is extremely sensitive to temperature. It melted very easily and got really hard when it was below fifty degrees.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2004 3:22:00 PM More reviews by hollis27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this lip balm. It didn't leave any white residue on my lips, and it's fairly moisturizing. The smell is delicious! I took one Lipstick off for the packaging. Having to stick your finger into it everytime isn't too hygenic and makes the smell change eventually - so this will just be an after shower product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2004 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Kristie999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a swap and really like it. I don't find, like the other people, that it turns my lips white. It's a really nice scent. Makes my lips silky feeling

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2004 1:00:00 PM More reviews by liltoonie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff smells delish and if you use too much it will leave a residue but thats rare for me. Not amazing moisture. I'm not amazed but not disapointed. I prob wont buy again just because of the price and I dont use this enough for it to probably ever run out (I'm a lip blam junkie)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2003 3:09:00 AM More reviews by minicapybara

By now I know not to apply this in too thick a layer, lest I want a white film on my lips about an hour afterwards. Otherwise it's a pretty moisturizing lipbalm. The coconut scent is very pleasing, but I can see how the mini-tub packaging can be a problem - the product looks as if though it'd dry out in no time. Also I think the scent may go bad sooner or later, with me having to dip my finger in it everytime. One-time novelty thing for me. Won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2003 12:57:00 AM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is one of my HG lip balms. It has a wonderful creamy coconut scent/flavor. It moisterized my lips really well. I have been having a strange bout of dry lips due to the weather change and this cured it. A little goes a long way- if you use too much it will leave a weird coat of white stuff on your lips. I love the cute mini butter packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2003 5:02:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Uggh! That is all I have to say about this product. Thankfully I just finished up my little tub. It is very thick and creamy, yet seems to make my lips flake. Forget about wearing during the day because it is goes on your lips with an oily white texture. The scent isnt anything to write home about either. I do want to try the grapeseed lip butter, because I heard it was 100% better. Just IMHO....

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2003 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Strawberi

Way too expensive for a little tub of lip moisturizer but I had a gift certificate so I gave it a try. Nice scent, very moisturizing, but I'm not too fond of the pot. I also really hate the waxy aftertaste, that alone is why it only gets 3 lippies. I'll use this up but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2003 10:25:00 AM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the scent of this, mmm, coconutty goodness! The pot is cute but a bit of a pain. Mine was filled really low when I opened it so it gets a bit gloppy when I scoop some out to apply. The balm itself of a pretty nice consistancy and seems to moisturize well. Not bad.