The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/12/2006 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought the lip butter in papaya. I really love it, it glides on smoothly, gives my lips kinda of a glossy shine. Smells sooo good, and makes my lips feel soft, moisturized, and conidtioned. I really liked this one, and i think i will defently re-purchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

IF YOU FIND IT GOING CLUMPY AND/OR GRITTY - STIR IT!
It'll turn into the consistancy of icing :)

on 12/4/2005 10:36:00 PM

provide general moisturing to the lips. not enough in winter. and it become really hard and difficult to get the butter. so so. will not buy again. but it smells lovely.

on 9/20/2005 9:54:00 AM

I like this product, I have it in coconut. The smell is so real it creates a consistency illusion that it's actually like coconut! I find it drying like other Body Shop balms unless you use it in between other products. It's gorgeous to apply, like cream!

on 8/17/2005 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The Body Shop's lip butter is not as good as its tinted lip balm. The problem is in the texture--the balm has a great consistency, while the lip butter is clumpy. Despite both being called 'butter,' it has none of the silkiness of TBS's body butter. Also, the lip butter tends to turn sour if it's not used up in time, so one shouldn't unseal more than one at a time, which takes away the joy of comparing different flavors. I also find the balm more moisturizing.

on 7/15/2005 3:29:00 PM

I LOVE lip butters! they are perfect for when you need to moisturize your lips and you don't have the time to keep reapplying your gloss! i have extremely dry lips and these lip butters work wonders! i have them in papaya, passion fruit, shea, mango, and grapeseed! I just adore them. If you put it on before you go to bed, you wake up with wonderfully moisturized lips! Be careful though, because if your lips are flaky you'll want to wipe off your first application. Then re-apply for beautifully moisturized lips and smell and taste good too! It's such a nice pick me up when you are in the middle of your work day and you are tired, the scents of the fruit lip butters make me feel better. If you don't like strong fruit smells or coconut type smell, then these might not be for you. Once i put it on and my friend said that she could smell it from across the room. the key to getting the maximum amount of moisture from these is to make sure you exfoliate your lips!

on 5/21/2005 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this today, and it does seem a little pricey (4.50 for 8.5g.) The packaging is cute, and easy to carry around. I bought the papaya flavour, and it smells OK, but could be better. I don't really like the way it sinks in fairly quickly so I keep needing to reapply, meaning that it'll run out fast. However, it gives a nice subtle shine to your lips and does a good job of moisturising. The strange thing is that even though my lips are smooth and soft, they actually feel a bit dry. Anyway, I'll probably buy again if it doesn't run out too quickly and if it doesn't dry out.

on 3/5/2005 2:40:00 PM

I bought this in Nut and in LE Chocolate and Orange. The nut was OK, nothing great. The smell of the C&O is great, however, I am not a fan of the consistency of the product. It is thick and doesn't seem to sink into my lips. It leaves a white film on my lips. Yuck! I would not buy another. Ever.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this on sale for $3 in the Chocolate & Orange scent. Its a great product. I love the smell and it keeps my lips moisturized. I use it alone and under lipstick/gloss.

It would be nice if it came with SPF in it though.

I bought this in Brazil Nut, though its more toffeeish with a slight hint of nuttyness. It tastes and smells gorgeous but does nothing to moisturise, so wasnt worth the 4.50

Popular Lip Treatments