October 1, 2014 | 1874 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 3:29:00 PM More reviews by blueaygi

I LOVE lip butters! they are perfect for when you need to moisturize your lips and you don't have the time to keep reapplying your gloss! i have extremely dry lips and these lip butters work wonders! i have them in papaya, passion fruit, shea, mango, and grapeseed! I just adore them. If you put it on before you go to bed, you wake up with wonderfully moisturized lips! Be careful though, because if your lips are flaky you'll want to wipe off your first application. Then re-apply for beautifully moisturized lips and smell and taste good too! It's such a nice pick me up when you are in the middle of your work day and you are tired, the scents of the fruit lip butters make me feel better. If you don't like strong fruit smells or coconut type smell, then these might not be for you. Once i put it on and my friend said that she could smell it from across the room. the key to getting the maximum amount of moisture from these is to make sure you exfoliate your lips!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2005 5:31:00 PM More reviews by emmolina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this today, and it does seem a little pricey (4.50 for 8.5g.) The packaging is cute, and easy to carry around. I bought the papaya flavour, and it smells OK, but could be better. I don't really like the way it sinks in fairly quickly so I keep needing to reapply, meaning that it'll run out fast. However, it gives a nice subtle shine to your lips and does a good job of moisturising. The strange thing is that even though my lips are smooth and soft, they actually feel a bit dry. Anyway, I'll probably buy again if it doesn't run out too quickly and if it doesn't dry out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2005 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Nut and in LE Chocolate and Orange. The nut was OK, nothing great. The smell of the C&O is great, however, I am not a fan of the consistency of the product. It is thick and doesn't seem to sink into my lips. It leaves a white film on my lips. Yuck! I would not buy another. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2005 2:36:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale for $3 in the Chocolate & Orange scent. Its a great product. I love the smell and it keeps my lips moisturized. I use it alone and under lipstick/gloss.

It would be nice if it came with SPF in it though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2005 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Trixie_belle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Brazil Nut, though its more toffeeish with a slight hint of nuttyness. It tastes and smells gorgeous but does nothing to moisturise, so wasnt worth the 4.50

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2005 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Ajziz

I so do not like BS lip butter, my lips don't absorb it and it just taste horrible. Probably the worst lip balm I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2004 8:13:00 AM More reviews by jazzy_chica85

My first ever "The Body Shop" product that from then on I became hooked on their products and like the fact that they're giving something back to many communities for their produce. I bought this Lip Butter in Melonseed cause I like the smell better compared to the others. It is moisturizing, usually apply this before sleeping and wake up with smooth lips. The packaging is cute. Though it is expensive it lasts a whole year. I've still got mine it's been more than a year and I have used (still use)it almost every day. TIP: Instead of buying expensive Benefit's Lipscription, just use St. Ives Apricot Face scrub on your lips and follow with the Lip Butter. Same results and cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought and tried the Lip Butters and this brand is now my HG for keeping my lips moisturized. I bought Grape Seed and Papaya. They're firm in the pot (I don't mind a pot) but melt on your lips; they're truly emollient, not just wax on your lips. They smell lovely and real but not too strongly; if you do taste them, the flavor is real but slight. They don't add color to your lips, just keep them fresh and hydrated. I use them all day long now and when it's time for lipstick, my lips are smooth. I love these.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2004 6:59:00 PM More reviews by protein_jungle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of lip butter from Body Shop. I like lip butter even more than their famous body butter. I bought three flavors, papaya, grapeseed and mango. they smell nice in the tin, but once I apply a little on my lip, it smells strange. I wish that they are simply tasteless. Lip butter moisturizes my dry lip and provides a nice glow. My dry lip looks so healthy and it doesn't feel greasy. It functions like a light conditioner. 8g in a small tin can last a very long time. I will repurchase it once I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by CinderellaSP03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yuck. I got the Mango Lip Butter and I HATED it!! At first, it was decent. It just sat on my lips and didn't absorb quickly at all. Then, over time, the butter became hard and chunky... I believe I read somewhere this is from the shea butter, but I could be wrong. Anyway, it's a big annoyance, especially when the chunks get stuck under your fingernails. And it still doesn't moisturize! Such a disappointment. I do adore the Mango scent and taste, though.