April 19, 2014 | 1324 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Lip Conditioner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was suprised to end up really liking this, as I'm not that much of a MAC fan apart from their lipsticks and brushes. I like that this contains SPF 15 and the smell isn't all medicinal - I can't say I love the smell, but it's quite sweet and vanilla-ish.

It preps my lips very well before applying drying lipsticks like Myth - I put this on before starting my whole makeup routine and so by the time I come to do my lips, it's plumped up my lips and made them ready for lipstick application.

It's pretty pricey, but it really helps prep the lips, provides SPF 15, moisturizes and gives a nice glossy look (if you put enough on) that I personally think looks better than lipgloss!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my third pot of Lip Conditioner and this lip balm is by far my HG for daily lip products. I love that this has SPF and doesn't sit on top of my lips like some other lip balms with SPF do. My lips stay soft when I use this daily and its great for the wintertime too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Kotro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got the Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15 in Petting Pink. I liked it at first but then lost it's magic for me. After a while I gave it another try and I liked it again. I love the colour it gives and the taste as well! Just don't lick your lips because the residue becomes white and looks very unpleasant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I actually got two of these when i ordered from MAC online because they messed up my order (ie instead of sending me what i wanted, they sent me two fo these and one e/s pan). But I forgive them because they're sending me what's missing from my order, AND i get to keep the stuff they sent to me by accident lol.

that said, these things are not bad, but i wouldn't consider them the best either. Maybe it's because my lips are not UBER chapped, but I find these to work about the same as Rose Bud Salve, which is much cheaper (like $5 on beauty.com). Rose Bud Salve also seems to be easier to spread, while these i have to redip my finger like twenty bajillion times to get much on my lips. But that could be because this is fairly new, so it's not softened yet?

The main thing i like about these is the smell. Smells SO good, like french vanilla icecream! There's no taste as far as I can tell, but it smells really amazing when I first opened the pot. There's 15spf in this too (which is not in Rose Bud Salve i don't think) so if you're really worried about sun exposure, this is nice. I'm allergic to spf, but these are not breaking me out along my lipline/irritating the area, unlike the spf-ed Chapstick that i used to use.

Overall it's nice smelling pot in an attractive packaging, but if you not caring too much about scent or the spf, i'd try Rose Bud Salve first. it's a bigger pot and much cheaper, and it's also multi purpose salve, not just for lips (though that's what I use it mainly for). I'm only giving this thing a 3 because i got it for free, otherwise it's REALLY expensive for a lipbalm! O__O

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by AndiDavis

I have never really been into lip balms in the past. Until now. I went to the store with my best friend and she purchased two of these items. She gave me one because she was being awesome. I smelled it, and it smells like a delicious vanilla treat. You put it on, and it goes on well and stays on your lips well. Feels good and tastes pretty good too! My only complaint about this product is that I have to use my finger to apply it... thus forcing me to find a covert place to wipe my finger when I'm done. All in all, I love it! Did I mention that it smells awesome?!?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went through a period of super, super dry lips, and none of my normal chapsticks (Burt's Bees, Yes to Carrots, shea butter, vaseline, etc.) were working, so I decided to give MAC's lip conditioner a try, and in one use, my lips felt better and more moisturized. After like three days of using it (with a few applications a day), my horribly chapped lips were soft, supple, and moisturized. This works well under drying lipsticks or on its own for a nice, natural look with a little bit of glossiness for the lips. It smells good; it tastes good, and it's incredibly moisturizing. This is without a doubt the best thing I have ever put on my lips. I love it, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has really dry lips. It works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by HealthBeautified

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS, one of the best tasting and moisturizing lip treatments I have used and its so chic looking in the roller tube, oooooh its just gorgeous I dont ever want to run out of it, its delicious I love moisturizing my lips with this stuff its a treat!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

So lucky me has oily skin, but very dry lips. Well this product did zip for my lips in the long run. I bought this a very, very, very long time ago and I still remember not liking it. I am not to sure if they changed the formula because the one I used came in the old, less eye appealing pot. Now I see that it is a prettier packaging, but I cannot get over the fact that you dip your fingers in it. It is not sanitary, but I would deal with it if it had actually worked for me. All it did for my lips was moisturize them for like a minute, but then it would dry out my lips while still looking glossy. It was weird. I guess it just moisturized my lips on a superficial level, never felt any long lasting moisture with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

mac's lip conditioner is the best thing I can review on MUA. I absolutely love this tub of magic..

REVIEW:
when I say I have tried everything under the sun to treat my lips..I mean EVERYTHING. heavy duty medicated chapstick, lip salves, you name it, nothing would soften my lips up nice enough to wear my fave l/s without the flakes, peeling, dryness..it was aweful, I couldn't wear my l/s or l/g with confidence. my boyfriend bought me two of the hello kitty pink fish lip conditioner, and oh my god! immediatly..I mean, instantly, in seconds of applying the pretty pink color, my lips were softer than they have ever been in my life. I can't believe there is really a miracle product out there that actually heals my lips, and keeps good on its word. of course pink fish is too pretty to use as a regular LP because its LE =[ so im picking up a tub of the regular white kind. same formula, which is great because I can apply my l/s right after without mixing colors =]

COLOR:
the regular is white, but obviously comes on clear. but there are perm colors like beige and pinks, and mac puts out LE colors with collections sometimes, those are usually the best =]

FORMULA:
extremely creamy, not greasy like a lip salve or vaseline. very milky, stays put on your lips, not sticky. the smoothest thing to ever touvh my lips, feels like silk!

PACKAGING:
comes in a tub, very cute, and I actually like it this way, I take my nail and scrape out as much as I need. it comes in a squeeze tube, and a rollup stick as well, but this is the best deal, so if you can't get over using ur finger, get a retractable lip brush, its worth it! if you got the hello kitty one, you can take the cap with her cute face on it and put it on your new LP =]

PRIC╦:
yes this is a bit pricey, but its less than a l/s and lasts way longer, and trust me, if your like me, and ur lips are rougher than sandpaper, no amount is too much to have a spa experience everytime you apply.

OVERALL:
I adore this, its my ultimate desert island can't live without [hg] product. I will NEVER stop buying this. if you ever have problems with dry lips..you NEED this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by natsukojayly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my new found love! i have really dry lips and i been searching for some kind of treatment to cure my lips and my search is over!! love love love!