February 1, 2015 | 2050 users online

Lip Liners - Wet 'n' Wild - #666 liner

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I have used this lip liner for years. For $.99 you can't beat it! It isn't very creamy and if you lose the lid it seems to dry out a bit and then it doesn't go on as smooth. I fix that by running it through my sharpener about every 2-3 days. Its comes in a very long pencil so even sharpening it that often it still takes me months to use it up. The color is so neutral that I use it with almost EVERY lipstick/gloss that I have, except my reds. The #666 kind of freaks me out a bit, but not enough to stop using it. There are creamier lip liners on the market but to keep your lip gloss/stick within your lip line this works really well. I think the drier texture of this makes more of a barrier to keep your glosses especially from bleeding outside the lip line. I always use my pinky finger to blend it into my lip so there isn't an obvious line and to this day I've never had anyone comment on my lip LINER so that is a good thing in my book! Its worth giving it a try and for $.99 cents even if you hate it you didn't break the bank.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

This is a neutral shade with a bit of oomph. I naver have any trouble with the color as long as I wear dark shades. It does tend to break off a bit, the trick is never trying to get it to that super precise point.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by voravons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know this lipliners gets lots of raves, but I personally find it too hard and difficult to apply. The formula is just too waxy for my tastes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by IvyGuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought #666 because it came so highly recommended as a shade that would be natural and go with most lipsticks/lip glosses shades on the message board. Wrong. #666 is a burgundy berry-ish shade with a metallic shimmer. It's way too dark on my lips. I wouldn't call this natural looking color at all. If you're looking for a neutral shade, I'd suggest WnW's #712 lip liner which is lighter than #666, and is a reddish brown color without shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by luvps83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried MAC and other expenisive lip liners...this one gets the GOLD medal!!! so cheap and soooooo perfect...the color is perfect on me. it lasts a long time and is better than the high priced department store brands versions. i will always use this liner. it goes with most lipstick/glosses out there! love it....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although the name of this lip liner is horrible, this is actually a very pretty neutral shade that works with many of my lipsticks and glosses. The texture is creamy so it goes on very smoothly and doesn't dry out my lips. Plus, the price can't be beat: 99 cents for a generously sized pencil!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Perhaps there is some inconsistency in the batches because I have had their pencils that didn't go on easily, but this pencil I got the other day applies effortlessly and goes on very well. It looks great. It is a tad dry feeling on my lips, but lipstick or gloss over it takes care of that feeling. I don't like having to sharpen pencils, but it's no big deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by violet04

I found this at Rite-Aid and got the last one left! I am Indian, have medium-dark skin with a lot of yellow undertones. My top lip is darker than my bottom lip and I've never found a liner that matches my lips. When I wear the WnW liner, it shows up as a pinkish-brown. It was not too dark for me. I like to pair it with the Beauty Rush lip glosses from Victoria's Secret. I usually lean toward brownish colors for my lips, so this is a small step towards trying a different color.

I'm more of an eyeshadow person that lips, so I don't spend too much money on lipstick, glosses, etc. This was the right price for my (minimal) lip color needs.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by laurenb80

I liked it when I used to wear plum lipsticks, but now I stick to soft pinks and this is just too dark and hard to blend. But it's super cheap, and I definitely see why others like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

When I put this lipliner on, I look like Cruella De Vil. I don't understand how this is universally flattering. It is very dark and brown. I guess to each their own preference. The texture is hard to blend and is not creamy at all. The smell is bad, like old crayon. In the trash this goes and I'll go back to my Chanel.