July 30, 2014 | 1358 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Hannah743

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Personally, I think this foundation is one of the best I've ever used! And trust me, I've tried a lot and not many stay for more than 6 hours on my oily skin, but this one does! It's beautiful, very silky and lightweight on the skin. It's light to medium coverage but very buildable if necessary. It gives a slight glow, but not to the point that oily people, like myself, dislike it. My review just doesn't do this foundation justice!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Zemxo

My FAVORITE foundation EVER. Point blank period. I love it so much i could write a song about it....but I'll refrain. This took the place of my beloved Estée Lauder Double Wear (ever since they changed the formula and ruined it for me). This foundation is just perfect. I do have an oily T-Zone though and this foundation really does make you look luminous so I do have to blot my face a bit throughout the day (then again, it's summer and hot out so obviously I have to blot). It just looks so natural and beautiful, yet evens out my skin tone and pigmentation. I love it so much! - I apply it with E.L.F flat top kabuki brush (i used to use Sigma's F80 but the elf one is better IMO). It's my face

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by 4Bella

Light to medium coverage. Glowy finish. Looks gorgeous in photographs. Stays on nicely throughout the day. Expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Bitefly

Really wanted to like this foundation but it went on cakey, fell into the fine lines under my eyes and had worn off in three hours. No good for me, definitely not buying ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

L.O.V.E. this foundation! Can not say enough good things about it! This is probably the only foundation I've used that hasn't left my face looking cakey. I have light-medium skin which gets really dry in the winter time. This foundation has been wonderful in covering redness and any imperfections. I usually purchase this product in 4.5 during the winter time and 5.5 during the summer time when I'm tanner. This is definitely a medium-full coverage and is buildable for your desired look. Blends like a dream and is just what the name says, a luminous and silky product. Truly makes your skin look like you've gotten it airbrushed or professionally done. Product comes out via small pump which is great and the top can also come off when you twist it to get more product towards the end of its usage. Nothing is comparable to this foundation, DEF worth the hype and price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is a cult-favorite foundation that has much hype surrounding it. Does it deliver? In my opinion, yes it does. It has a very silky, velvety feel to it that delivers light-medium coverage, but is buildable to more. On my oily skin, it is not the most tenacious foundation, however, it doesn't melt off or become patchy. In the middle of the day, I like to do a touch up on my nose and chin, but everywhere else it looks great. It does have a hydrating feel to it, but I can imagine on drier skin types it may not be hydrating enough as it is oil-free. It also depends on the kind of climate you live in. I purchased this in Las Vegas where the climate is very dry, and this wore almost like a satin-matte foundation on me. Back at home in the Northeast, I felt the need to touch this up more often and set it with more powder to ensure it lasted the entire day. However, the beauty of this foundation is the natural, yet flawless look it gives. I tend to prefer fuller coverage foundations, but I get the most compliments on my "skin" when I wear this. I like to set this with the Luminous Silk powder, which mattifies it slightly, but doesn't take away from the overall glowy finish. I also love the fact that shade #4 matches my extremely nitpicky, fair yellow skin perfectly. This is the one product every woman should at least get a sample of to see if it works for them!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by ejhatzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. This foundation is absolutely in a class of its own. Such a beautiful product. It allows perfectly buildable cover, and the result is glowing skin, that looks like skin. I am still in disbelief about just how magnificent this product is, I love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reference point - I'm tan: NARS Barcelona, MAC NC 30-35 and #7 is perfect for me.

The packaging is a simple, pump bottle. It looks elegant on my vanity table. No issues with it.

While I am not madly 'in love' with the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, it's definitely one of the best foundations I've tried. I have pretty nice skin to start with, no breakouts (except the rare pimple that one time a month), not dry or oily so I am not really looking for a foundation that while cover my skin issues.

The coverage is medium, however it's buildable. I apply my regular skin care, and allow my Laura Mercier Radiance Primer to set before applying the foundation. Applying this foundation is wonderful - it blends easily, it feels incredibly lightweight! I have applied it with my fingers, a MAC stippling brush, and the Armani foundation brush. What I love about this foundation is that it looks natural. It gives me beautiful, glowing skin without looking like I'm wearing foundation. Another plus is that this is probably one of the only foundations I've tried that looks beautiful in real life AND photographs well. Normally, I find that those heavy, high coverage foundations photograph beautifully but in real life you look like you caked make up on. :)

The look of this foundation is dewy. I adore dewy, glowing skin, and since I've never had issues with my skin being oily, Luminous Silk wears well for me. However, my friends that have oily skin or enjoy a more matte finish have always disliked the result of it. So that's something to consider before buying :)

The wear of it actually surprised me because of all the negative reviews of it. I haven't had any issues with it getting blotchy, fading, turning orange, sliding off, etc. And I do live in a hot, humid area. I do wear primer and lightly dust the Laura Mercier Illuminating loose powder on top.

My issues with it - it's expensive. Also, on those days when my skin does not look 100% (is a little red and blotchy, dull, I have a breakout, flakiness, etc) the foundation doesn't look so great. For me, it's a foundation that looks BEAUTIFUL when my skin looks great to start with.

I'd recommend it to someone with good skin to start with, that enjoys that dewy, glowy finish to foundation and is looking for something lightweight. Get a sample and see how it wears before you purchase. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First impression of this foundation was wow but that lasted about couple of hours or so. Then my face started getting oily and the foundation looked cakey. Fortunately I received a sample of this foundation as I would not buy this, too heavy on the skin and just does not work for my combination skin. Probably would work with someone with dry/normal skin but for oily/combination skin, I would not recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by StrangeLight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i was matched for 5.5. that's a bit dark for me. i normally wear chanel B20, mac NC25. if i'm tanned i can get away with 5.5, but 9 months of the year this will be too dark for me.

the foundation is smooth, light-weight, and probably a medium coverage. not quite as much coverage as NARS sheer glow but this will definitely take out any redness in your skin. goes on like a dream and blends easily.

and then... flakes! i have true combination skin. oily nose and chin, normal forehead, dry upper lip, cheeks, undereyes. i didn't even know my skin was flaking until i took a quick glance in the mirror in natural light and noticed the foundation clinging to the dry patches. the foundation holds up ok on my oily areas if i'm in A/C all day. if i head out in this humidity, then it melts right off. this foundation rubs off pretty easily too. on clothes, on people, on napkins.

if you are well hydrated, your skin isn't even a little bit dry, you're indoors all day, and you know that nothing and no one is going to touch your face, then this is a great foundation. seriously. in the right environment and circumstances and the right skin type, this is probably great stuff. if i was going to a party and wanted a bit more coverage than my usual (sheer) foundation, then i'd use luminous silk. but if i'm looking for something long-wearing that won't melt or rub off my face and that will be forgiving to my schizophrenic skin, then this is not it.