October 25, 2014 | 1151 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Korres - Body Butter - Guava

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

For the first time in ages, I am noticing a drastic change in my skin from a lotion. I use this all over after the shower. It smells nothing like Guava, it is more of a tropical, sweet coconut smell. It is easy to spread for a butter. The dispenser is fabulous, I wish everything came in that sort of container.

This is a lot more than I am used to spending on lotion, but I can see how this is worth the cost. My legs feel so silky!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does not smell like guava, more like coconut/Hawaiian Tropic. The fragrance is long lasting. I put this on at night and can still smell it on my hands in the morning. This is supposed to be extra moisturizing for very dry skin but I found it to be an average body lotion. For my dry skin spots, I prefer Yes to Carrots body cream or Neutrogena Norwegian body lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by miffy2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great stuff. Very moisturising without leaving a greasy feeling. Especially good on heels, elbows and knees after exfoliating. I love the fragrance even though it is more like coconut than guava. It would be medium on the price scale for me. Will repurchase. Also have this in Fig but prefer the guava fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 6:49:00 AM More reviews by jazzy87

Amazing scent (although not what I would expect guava to smell like?) which lingers for a few hours :D Hygienic pump dispenser and the rich and creamy butter sinks in immediately, leaving no stickiness or residue. I'm falling in love with the entire Korres line!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I, too, ADORE the smell of this cream. I use it on my hands at night, and I can't stop smelling them. If Korres ever came up with the scent verstion, it would become one of my signature perfumes. As for the consistency of this body butter, yes, it is thick. But I love the smell so much, I put up with the stickiness. That's how much I like it.
UPDATE: For those who, like me, think this is too thick - especially for summer - here's a tip: you can slather this body butter on right after your shower while your skin is still damp. It makes it much less sticky and it's very good to lock in moisture. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff smells delicious, and I appreciate the natural leaning of Korres products. However, this is a BUTTER so be warned that it is pretty heavy and provides intense moisturizing. This is almost something to use on your elbows... that kind of consistency. I tend to get white bumps on the back of my triceps if I use anything too heavy, so after one bottle of this I decided to stay away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the Yoghurt body butter before the guava, and although I like the yoghurt smell better, the guava mosturises better. The yoghurt gave me zits as it was too rich, but I think the Guava is slightly less richer in texture and that suits me just fine!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by mdorese21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am baffled as to why this costs as much as it does and the moisturizing benefits for a body butter are not there at all. The scent is pretty nice, doesn't linger all that long but doesn't smell at all what I assumed guava should smell like. Makes me really glad I didn't pay full price for this and only paid a third of the price on ebay. So I'll finish this tube but won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by twaliany

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it, the best thing about this is that the moisturizing effects LINGER unlike other lotions/butters that keep you soft temporarily. My legs feel like silk. It takes a little more effort to rub in but the effort is well worth it for the lasting effects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this in a Korres kit. I wasn't looking for another body cream, but the texture of this stuff is just too good! Despite being called a "butter," it is a slightly thick lotion (I've used other things that I would classify more as butters since they are so difficult to spread!). It spreads easily on the skin, doesn't feel sticky or greasy, and leaves skin soft throughout the day. In fact, it is this last point - how my skin continued to feel throughout the day - that impressed me most. I can't comment on the smell as I have almost no sense of smell, but others seem to like it. Definetly has made me a convert of Korres' Body Butters!