Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 4/12/2010 12:42:00 AM

I really love the smell of this hand cream which reminds me of almond pudding desserts. This hand cream has a VERY greasy consitency but it is great for winter time and bedtime treatment. It works really well if you can wear cotton gloves right after you put the hand cream on. It helps to keep your hands really moisturized and soft. Without gloves on, I don't think you can touch anything (like keyboards) without making them oily.

I also found this cream to be fairly waterproof. Even after hand washing (not vigorously of course), my hands were still relatively moisturized. For people who worked in a place that require constant hand washing, this is a great product to have.

I highly recommend trying this hand cream if you like almond (yes it can be strong for some) and don't mind greasy hand cream. This product is useful for areas with dry and cold weather.

on 4/9/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this because I liked the natural ingredients and assumed that name meant this lotion would be soft, creamy and smell nice. I was wrong. This stuff is hard in texture and is really difficult to spread, even worse it doesn't absorb into the skin at all and left my hands greasy for nearly a half hour, and even then my skin was no different than before. The smell is very overpowering and smells like licorice and chalk-seriously! The packaging isn't great either, because of its hard texture and how greasy it makes your hands its hard to get any of the product out and its even harder to try to screw the lib back onto the jar.
I must say, this company is giving a bad rep to natural/organic skincare! There are lots of other brands which are still natural/organic and work better than any commercial and chemical company and DEFINITELY better than Burt's Bees, these include Juliet's Room, Jurlique Skincare, SanRe Organic Skinfood, A'kin Skincare, and the list goes on...so don't be discouraged if your new to trying natural skincare and this junk happened to be your first try.

on 3/31/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Pro's: Smells absolutely delicious. One of my favorite smells out there. It's extremely moisturizing too.

Con's: Oh, where to begin. It's almost 10$ for this little jar and if you have long fingernails, beware. Getting this stuff out is very annoying, I get it all under my fingernails. Like I said up there, it's very moisturizing, but it's EXTREMELY greasy and thick. Only put it on when you are going to sleep or going to be dormant for a long period of time cause you won't be able to do much else with it on your hands.

Bottom line, it smells great, but not worth the price tag.

on 3/16/2010 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great treatment cream - something to put on your hands before bed.
A bit hard to use during the day as too little makes rubbing it feel like pulling skin - it's not emollient, while too much leaves you with that greasy feeling.
I have put it on on cold winter mornings when I knew I would be sitting in front of my monitor and wont need to wet my hands for a while - it is very very comforting.
But I don't think I can get past how rich and waxy it is and either feeling like i need to wash my hands soon if I put it on during the day or worrying about bed linen if i put it on before bed.

on 3/9/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I don't mind the strong almond smell of this cream. I like the texture and use it at night on my hands, elbows and feet.

on 2/22/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an excellent hand cream. I only use it at night though. It really sits on my hands and doesn't absorb well. It does do a great job of moisturizing. That is why I like it so much. My hands are dry year round because I wash them with harsh soap at work all day long.

on 2/4/2010 1:14:00 AM

I am a hand lotion freak ~ I have lotion in every room of my house and I am constantly applying lotion to my hands. I received this hand creme in a mani-pedi kit and I have been using the creme on my hands and elbows before bedtime. It is very greasy, but I don't mind because it makes my hands so soft, and it moisturizers my skin.

Four lippies because I do not like the packaging ~ it's hard to get the product out of the glass jar. Others mentioned that they do not like the scent ~ it smells good to me, just like almonds. I bought two mani-pedi kits, and I am so glad because all of the products were full size, and a $7.00 hand creme is expensive for me...

on 2/2/2010 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this as a gift and I'm pretty pleased with it. It is very thick and emollient so as another reviewer wrote, it's best for nighttime. I can see it feeling pretty sticky on for some, but it does the job! I personally enjoy the smell.

on 1/25/2010 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Yes, this product is sticky (why I took off a lippie) and yes it smells like marzipan ( which I kinda like) but it is restorative. I use this as a hand treatment. I rub it into my hands before I go to bed and put on some manicure gloves...i'm not sure if that is their name but you probably know what I am talking about. Anyway in the morning my hands are refreshed and not as dry. SO not an everyday produce but I good little pampering too oh and 100% natural ingredients.

on 1/22/2010 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my hg hand cream, as I tend toward dry skin (or my hands do anyway!). I agree the scent is strong, but I happen to lloooooooove the smell. A tiny bit goes quite a long way and I learned the hard way that slathering a ton of this on before bed has a hidden downside- the oil is so heavy it can stain certain fabrics! Now I take it a little easier in application and do so 5-10 mins before heading to bed after struggling to get dark marks off my duvet cover! I was using it both to intensely heal my hands and deal with ravaged cuticles, and find its best to use this with the cuticle cream if my cuticles are in desperate straights. I will never use another hand cream, this is my absolute fave! I suspect this is less heavy than it used to be as I seem to recall the old formula having kaolin clay. I get it that some reviewers think this stuff isn't worth paying more for, I just happen to disagree but I also have really dry skin and don't react well to drying agents like alcohol which they put into a lot of typical products. I also have unpleasant allergic reactions to chemicals, so I have to use natural products to avoid problems. For me Burt's products are completely worth the slightly higher cost because they are waaaay better than the usual drugstore fare (although I have to admit that the bar is being raised and that the 'usual' has gotten a whole lot better in recent years) and they just work so well for my uber dry skin. Nuff said, my favorite hand lotion ever.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products