April 24, 2014 | 1015 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a hand lotion freak ~ I have lotion in every room of my house and I am constantly applying lotion to my hands. I received this hand creme in a mani-pedi kit and I have been using the creme on my hands and elbows before bedtime. It is very greasy, but I don't mind because it makes my hands so soft, and it moisturizers my skin.

Four lippies because I do not like the packaging ~ it's hard to get the product out of the glass jar. Others mentioned that they do not like the scent ~ it smells good to me, just like almonds. I bought two mani-pedi kits, and I am so glad because all of the products were full size, and a $7.00 hand creme is expensive for me...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I got this as a gift and I'm pretty pleased with it. It is very thick and emollient so as another reviewer wrote, it's best for nighttime. I can see it feeling pretty sticky on for some, but it does the job! I personally enjoy the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by alaintrain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, this product is sticky (why I took off a lippie) and yes it smells like marzipan ( which I kinda like) but it is restorative. I use this as a hand treatment. I rub it into my hands before I go to bed and put on some manicure gloves...i'm not sure if that is their name but you probably know what I am talking about. Anyway in the morning my hands are refreshed and not as dry. SO not an everyday produce but I good little pampering too oh and 100% natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my hg hand cream, as I tend toward dry skin (or my hands do anyway!). I agree the scent is strong, but I happen to lloooooooove the smell. A tiny bit goes quite a long way and I learned the hard way that slathering a ton of this on before bed has a hidden downside- the oil is so heavy it can stain certain fabrics! Now I take it a little easier in application and do so 5-10 mins before heading to bed after struggling to get dark marks off my duvet cover! I was using it both to intensely heal my hands and deal with ravaged cuticles, and find its best to use this with the cuticle cream if my cuticles are in desperate straights. I will never use another hand cream, this is my absolute fave! I suspect this is less heavy than it used to be as I seem to recall the old formula having kaolin clay. I get it that some reviewers think this stuff isn't worth paying more for, I just happen to disagree but I also have really dry skin and don't react well to drying agents like alcohol which they put into a lot of typical products. I also have unpleasant allergic reactions to chemicals, so I have to use natural products to avoid problems. For me Burt's products are completely worth the slightly higher cost because they are waaaay better than the usual drugstore fare (although I have to admit that the bar is being raised and that the 'usual' has gotten a whole lot better in recent years) and they just work so well for my uber dry skin. Nuff said, my favorite hand lotion ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by elba86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahhhhh! I agree with the post below the smell is putrid!!!! I usually like Almond smells, but this, this should come with a warning label. I bought this b/c my hands go through a lot of abuse and it looked like a nice thick cream. I slathered it on my hands and was immedietly overwhelmed by the almond/sickingly sweet/chemicaly/plasticy smell! One of my co-workers even commented on the "odd" smell coming her way, can we say embarrasing? I left it on for an hour or so to see if maybe i could endure the stench only b/c the cream felt so absolutely wonderful on my hands. In the end i had to go wash it off, its going back in exchange for something else. Overall nice product, nasty smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

oy, what a smell - awful. at first it seems nice, but leaves behind very strong, migrane-inducing smell that is worst that most toilet cleaners at the discount store. also does nothing to mositurize hands. there are zillions hand cremes out there at all price ranges. 1$ vaseline with a drop of your favorite essential oil will do much better job.
as with all burt's products pseudo-natural image is missleading. if petrolium is not your thing, you can still safe $$ by simply buying sweet almond oil at any health food store.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sirenlunaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product, mostly because it is the only cream that heals the skin on my hands when my eczema gets really bad. The smell is pretty good, I love almond scents. The smell doesn't really matter to me though, I'm just happy it helps my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

A fantastic hand cream. It's very thick though, and your hands feel very slippery and greasy for the first 5 minutes but it adsorbs into the skin well. You might as well take that five minutes to treat yourself and work it into other rough spots like elbows and knees. I have bought this for myself and my mother in law, and we are both content with how well it moisturizes dry, painfully chapped hands. For someone looking for a very light hand creme to keep in the bathroom for constant use, this probably isn't for you- it's very thick and is best for intensive use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by gypsylee333

Ok i love this stuff. This winter my skin has been freaking out, getting very dry and chapped- which is a new thing for me, ive never needed lip balm or hand cream or face cram until now. So that being said, I havent tried a whole lot of hand creams, but i did buy/try a few, and this is my favorite so far. It is very thick, it almost has the consistency of a candle. It smells very nice, like milk i think. But the reason I am giving it 5 lippies and the reason why I love it is- IT WORKS! Yay a product that does what it says it will.

My hands were flaking, dry, and chapped before i got this and now they look better than ever. It is a little slimy at first, but it sinks in after 15 mins or so and leaves almost a powdery finish (just a little). Plus the best thing is that it actually improves your skin. Most lotions only make your skin nice when you are wearing it, so you have to constantly put it on, but this makes your skin better so you need it less. I definitely reccomend. Also great on feet and elbows etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by naturalome

I love the smell of almonds, its sooo yummy. Plus its a great hand cream, I wash my hands a lot ( im a nursing student) so my dry skin luvs the moisture. This is very thick and hydrating but thats what I need.