Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really like this concealer. I have moved on from using the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer as I find this to be the multi-purpose, long lasting and high coverage concealer that I was looking for.

PROS:
Medium-high coverage

Formulation is creamy and blends very well- I just make sure I use it sparingly and blend it in well.

Multipurpose: covers dark circles, acne, redness, pigmentations left from acne.

A little goes a long way, I don't need to apply a tonne to get the coverage.

Lasts all day under the eyes (I set it with loose powder). I rarely touch up under the eyes.

Lasts very well on blemishes or imperfections even without setting it with powder. I usually don't find the need to touch up during the day, if I do it's after 5-6hours. NOTE: I have dry combination skin.

Doesn't break me out.

Contains spf 10 but I haven't experienced any white casts (most probably because I apply sparingly and blend well)

CONS:
It can become a bit cakey looking if I apply too much of it. I just make sure I buff it in well with a flat top foundation brush and it looks fine.

May accentuate flakiness or dry patches if I apply too much or don't blend enough.

Need to wash it off very well as it is a long lasting product.
--------
I'm just starting to run low on my first tube after a year of using it every day. It's great value for money and I will repurchase as soon as I run out.

I am NC 15-20 and use the shade light.

I really wanted to love this concealer because I absolutely adore the light double wear foundation. I received this concealer for free once and so technically I am not wasting money, but I probably won't buy it.
I got the shade light-medium and for some reason it keeps appearing too pink on my NC 23 (in the summer) skin tone. I suppose it does last all day, but every time I conceal the pimples it just kind of dissapears and doesn't cover anything. I tried to use it for my undereye circles, but since mine are quite dark this concealer makes them look ashy.
It's not a bad product overall, but just does not seem to work for me so make sure you try it before buying it.

on 6/19/2013 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have had SO much trouble finding a decent concealer you would not believe - this is the first concealer I've used that I actually like IN MY LIFE. Most are either too watery and don't cover enough, or they're too tacky - almost glue like and won't blend! This is neither, I don't know how to describe the consistency, but it's easy to work with and really does its job.

I use this on blemishes - it's not a particularly thick formula, but it can give a buildable coverage, and it works just fine for me as I only get the occasional zit/discolouration and don't have any major scarring, etc. to cover up. I also use this under my eyes to lighten dark circles, and on my lids to brighten and even them, and I find it almost acts as a primer there. Around the eye it's brilliant - I find it doesn't overwhelm the delicate skin in that area, nor does it settle into the fine lines around my eyes, but does a wonderful job of hiding circles and really "opening" up my eye area.

I blend this concealer with my beauty blender and seem to be able to get a lovely even finish both alone on my skin and paired with my Double-Wear Foundation. Like I say, it sits well both alone and paired with other products - I also sometimes use YSL Touche Eclat to brighten and highlight, and If I apply it with the concealer it doesn't get cake-y or powdery or flake.

As a former reviewer has noted, the concealer comes in a wee tube and is applied with a doe-foot applicator... whilst I'm usually not a fan of these, application is simple and I don't really know how it could be improved, as I don't think a squeeze tube or brush would be more effective...

A little seems to go a fairly long way with this concealer, and in my opinion it has been well worth the price!

I take one lippy off for packaging - only really for aesthetic reasons: I don't think Estee Lauder packaging is as slick or attractive as that of NARS, YSL, or even Smashbox, but that's just a matter of personal opinion and in no way affects the performance of this awesome concealer!

on 6/16/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't pay the $33 AUD for the full size, a sample of this was included when I bought a holiday gift set.

I have the shade light/medium which I would say is a tad too light my skin right now. I'm probably about a warm beige/natural in Bobbi Brown and slightly darker than DWL in intensity 2. Perhaps warm light/medium would have been a better match.

I use this mainly to cover up blemishes and acne marks. I tend to just wear this during the day so I can't attest to whether the SPF does anything in photos. I know SPF 10 isn't that much but I have had trouble in the past with flashback. Anyway, I like that there is SPF cos it prevents any marks from darkening in the sun.

I would say this has a medium coverage which can be built up. I first apply this to the spots I need to conceal then go back and blend the concealer in the order I applied it (if that makes sense!) I find that since it dries quickly, applying concealer on all needed areas first then going back and blending, gives the concealer some time to dry and in a strange way, I find this helps with the coverage. Whereas if I apply and blend the concealer spot by spot, the concealer is still 'liquidy' in a way that when it's blended out, coverage becomes less and my dark browny-red acne marks aren't concealed as well.

The lasting power during the day is good, I set it with powder, but there have been times where I haven't and it still lasted on my oily skin. I have acne-prone and very clog-prone skin but it's funny that this concealer from the line hasn't broken me out or clogged my pores cos DWL foundation does!

I've tried this as an under eye concealer but find that it's slightly too drying for me. However someone who uses an eye cream beforehand might find it okay.

I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size once I'm done with the sample but I do recommend giving this a go if you're looking for a concealer to cover blemishes. The shade range however, seems very limited.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been mostly using MAC concealers all my life, pro longwear being one of my favorites. I purchased EL double wear stay-in-place concealer in Light, mainly to use for under- eye concealing. The application, formula and coverage has been really impressive and it doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. After applying my foundation, I apply in V shape under my eyes and around my nose where I tend to have redness. I also apply over blemishes if I have any. I have pretty oily skin but it doesn't cake or fade throughout the day. Really amazing concealer!

on 6/4/2013 10:13:00 AM

This product is simply amazing. I use for my under-eye circles and it stays put. I don't experience any creasing or smearing. Also, it doesn't settle into the itsy-bitsy lines I have in my under-eye area. It is worth the price!

on 6/3/2013 11:59:00 AM

I got this little tube of concealer for making a pretty large purchase at the Estee Lauder counter and little did I know how much I was going to love this product and how many times I was going to be replenishing it.

The tube is tiny. It fits in my travel bag and doesn't bulk up my make up bag at all. the color is perfect. I use it daily under my eyes and it creates a highlighting effect. I dot it just under my eyes and especially in the corner of my eye right next to my nose. Smoothing it on is easy. It blends so perfectly and has this clean matte finish.

The little sponge is the perfect size and doesn't carry too much, so when I dot the concealer onto my skin I never ever have excess at all.

One thing that amazes me is just how gentle it is on the eyes. I have once or twice gotten it right into my bottom lid and my eyes are usually very sensitive and water at the very first sign of an intruder! But with this - NOTHING!

And it conceals, perhaps I should mention that! From time to time I get a little zitty and this concealer covers up all marks with just a tiny dab. It doesn't get into the broken skin at all, it covers it and I don't feel the need to check on it during the day at all. Just don't touch!

My first little tube lasted me more than a year of wearing it under my eyes every single day and for less than $6 that is a bargain item of note.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great long-lasting coverage. This concealer doesn't grease-up and stays intact for the entire day! It also matches very well with my skin tone and blends very well. It leaves a great silky finish :)

It's a little pricey, but it's worth the extra bucks because you don't have to reapply throughout the day.

I am incredibly pale, as in literally transparent, I also have coppery hair and the freckles that go with it. I really struggle with getting the shades right. I got this in 'light' and it is perfect for my skin tone. I also used this on my mum for a wedding and she's darker than me, and it still blended perfectly. I've been using this concealer for 2/3 months now, and I use it just before powder.

I was VERY IMPRESSED with the Estee Lauder doublewear concealer as it was my first 'grown up' concealer I'd bought since getting my first job. The packaging is fine - functional and handbag friendly. I bought a concealer brush and use every day at least once and I predict this is going to last me absolutely ages. I currently wear the Armani Face Fabric (shade 2) which is very light and this concealer compliments it perfectly.

I have quite dry skin in areas and this product was spot on - it didn't go flakey or weird. It's barely noticeable and is perfect for layering over redness and blemishes, as well as under eye bags, argh. The product lasted for 4ish hours easily, and needed very little re-doing over the course of the day. I really really recommend this product, I think for the price, quality and the little you need it's a very reasonable price. I paid £20 in Boots.

on 5/28/2013 6:06:00 AM

I never wear makeup, but when I do, it will only be a little bit of concealer to keep my skin looking nice if I have meetings, or am going out. This suits me perfectly. The colour match is phenomenal and the formula makes it even better. It is super long lasting which is great and then is never any colour fall out. It doesn't cake but glides on smoothy with a silky texture that is amazing to touch. I use this on top of my Chanel green concealer to conceal redness, or on the top of my cheeks and under my eyes. The applicator is great because you get the perfect amount of product - not too much and not too little. Such an amazing concealer and the only one for me