April 20, 2014 | 1781 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by lubenica1

This conditioner is amazing, way better than many "salon" brands that cost mega bucks.
Actually whole Giovanni line is fantastic, it is hard to choose which product is the best, they are all great.

I have recently coloured my hair dark brown (from previous bleach blonde), and my hair is a bit porous and dry. I bought this conditioner because of "smooth as silk" name and also becase I used other Giovanni products in the past which I loved.
Well, I never thought that my hair could shine like this! It honestly looks like I put some shine spray on it, it is gleaming, and is soft and smooth. It also detangles beautifully when wet. I have baby fine hair and it tangles and frizzes easily, and this stuff works like a dream on it.
I used it in combination with 50-50 shampoo and a tiny smudge of Giovanni live-in conditioner. Result: Hair like from hair ads, just without 'cones. And the smell is divine, like grapefruit. I am in love, thanks Giovanni!
P.S.
They sell these fabulous travel size bottles, which I only discovered recently. They are great for trying out before committing to a bigger bottle (and even these small bottles last a while, as the product is rich, so only a small amount is needed). And, since the bigger bottles are in a bit of inconvenient packaging, these small bottles are great for decantering the big bottles in, if desired. Top stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have got to say that this conditioner is THE best conditioner I have ever used. Earlier in the year I got quite a disastrous haircut which made me go out and by a conditioner that wasn't so generic (e.g. Herbal Essences, Pantene). I figured my hair could use a little pampering. I've been using this conditioner for about 5 months now and I still haven't finished the bottle! Just a bit of this stuff does the trick and it leaves my hair all soft and shiny! It defrizzes and now my hair is starting to look and feel like a child's again! I never thought my hair would backtrack itself. This conditioner really helped regain my confidence about my hair (especially now that it's grown out a lot) and not to mention that it's organic quality really makes me feel like I'm being kind to the earth and to my body. The price isn't too bad either, compared to other above average conditioners and this stuff really does last quite a while. The packaging might bother some, but if you stand it upside down on your shelf for the whole time, it really isn't that troublesome getting the conditioner out. I happen to find the bottle nice and sleek.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by adnag

I use this conditioner with Giovanni Triple Tea Treat shampoo because I have oily and an occasionally flaky scalp, and baby fine hair which tends to get dry and has split ends. I was using Dove products until I ran out and bought this for about $8 at Duane Reade. Paired with the tea tree shampoo, so far I am loving it. I know that people have complained about how drying the tea tree shampoo is, and I believe them, but this conditioner for "damaged" hair really straightens that problem out. It's creamy (as others have said) and has a pleasant smell. I just blew out my hair and it looks gorgeous!!! It's creamy but not very heavy because I hate conditioners which weigh my hair down. So far, (it's been an hour) this hasn't. Most important is that it is organic and has NO SULFATES and NO PARABENS. BIG PLUS!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by kitty587

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this conditioner with the 50/50 shampoo. It is a pretty good conditioner although I wish it was a little more moisturizing. It smells nice and doesn't weigh my hair down. Overall, a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very pleased with this. First of all, I love the grapefruit smell and the creaminess of the product. I thought it would have weighed down my hair, but it gave just the right amount of moisture for my hair and lifted some of my curls at the nape that are generally more looser. My hair gets a slight halo of frizz at the crown of my head, but nothing a little bit of serum can't take care of. update: 1/5/13 I started using this as a leave-in and love it. produces good clumping and shine and controls frizz fairly well. My hair was soft when I rinsed my hair in the shower. boosting this from a four rating to a five.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by acc929

This stuff rocks. It rinses clean without leaving a waxy, oily-feeling film like a ton of chemical-laden conditioners do. It doesn't leave any buildup and it doesn't weigh down my wavy, dry hair. I'm almost totally frizz free with this stuff, and it leaves my thick, sort of wavy hair looking healthy and naturally pretty! My hair hasn't looked this good since I was a little kid. This summer I swore of my straightening iron, and I've been trying to get my hair healthy again. This stuff is wonderful. I ADORE the way it smells and I wish the scent would linger, but I guess you can't have it all. It's this nice, refreshing citrus-melon scent. Lovely! I will keep using this as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by CarrrmenJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair LOVES this stuff!!!! I've been using the 50/50 shampoo and alternating between this and the 50/50 conditioner...OMFG!!! These products sparked my research on organics vs. products that have lots of sulfates (arghh!! what have I been doing to my hair/skin all these years?!) and the like. While I don't think I'll ever by ALL organic ALL the time (there are certainly benefits to some modern chemistry) my hair has really responded to these gentler products.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by jomia23

Oh man, this did nothing for my hair. Darn.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! Smells wonderfully fruity. It has a great consistency - not too thick, not too thin, and it gives my hair plenty of slip without silicones. I think it could live up to its name more, but the smooth & silkyness that I get from this conditioner still beats a lot of other conditioners I have tried (with or without 'cones).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by aimela

It does not moisturize much, but it does smooth out my dry coarse thick frizzy hair. Nothing seems to have been working in this hot humid NYC weather this summer. Very happy with the find, may be my HG.