Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 11/3/2008 11:58:00 PM

i got this stuff today in the mail
its great!!
the price is sooo cheap!!

on 10/23/2008 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used Shiseido's original tranlucent powder and Laura Mercier's- both of witch I loved... but the price- ouch! After reading the reviews here I checked out the local costume shop and picked up the powder ($7 for 3 oz) what a bargain!

Like LM and Shiseido, It really is pigmentfree and it will set anything without changing the color. I find it isn't as finely milled as the other powders I mentioned so I have to "work" it a little more with my puff but it does blend and the tiny bit of extra effort is worth the huge savings!

I also LOVE the packaging! It comes in a clear plastic shaker top bottle which is perfect for my MUA kit... I can sprinkle the powder directly onto a puff- so I don't waste anything and the bottle top doesn't touch anything. Since it's clear, I know when I'm running low and because it's in a bottle I can recycle it (big deal to me since the plastics you can toss into Colorado's recycling bins are VERY limited!)

on 10/12/2008 6:14:00 PM

This stuff is dirt cheap esp. when you buy the big tub and pour it into a mineral makeup sifter jar. It doesn't alter my foundation color at all and I like to cake this stuff on! After I use my MSF Natural I take the 180 brush and buff this on, it makes my skin look awesome and smooth. I don't really know if it controls oil that good cause I use this in conjunction with Ben Nye's Final Seal (which I recommend anyone with oily skin to go out and buy ASAP!) and together they're an awesome oil controlling duo that I don't want to separate just to find if this can do it on it's own. I used to use Fyrinnae's Mineral Oil Control powder before this and once I switched, boy did I notice the cake factor on my face drop! I have such oily skin so I kinda go crazy using a heavy hand with my powders but with this It doesn't matter at all!

on 10/7/2008 6:59:00 AM

Ok well after reading the reviews here, I went in search of this powder. My T-zone shines like crazy in the summer, and so every year I start to hunt for my HG face powder. I'm a Euro MUA'er, mostly UK based. I found this online and it cost me around 9 ($18US), so it's not quite bargain basement, but it's cheaper than LM. It will also last a long time. It's a nice powder, finely milled and the scary white colour does look fine on my face. But it did zero for my oilies, unfortunately. I'd say it performed no better than Laura Mercier or La Mer or any of my minerals. As I bought it to help control the shine, I was disappointed, and would take the advice of the reviewer below - to try the Kryolan next summer instead. So for this reason, I wouldn't purchase this again, but for the price it's a great general purpose powder.
The search continues!

on 10/6/2008 12:56:00 PM

This is good stuff. It will set *anything* without altering the color. And it's cheap and you get plenty.

on 9/9/2008 8:59:00 PM

I cannot believe more people don't know about Ben Nye products. Neutral Set translucent powder is THE best setting powder I've used. This actually beats out Laura Mercier's powder which I've used for a long time, and still love, but Ben Nye's works better and it is so cheap. This is a very finely milled white powder. Don't be put off by the stark white color, as the name states it is translucent... no evidence of application expect for the perfectly set, oil-free skin you'll sporting for hours! :D Not heavy or cakey at all. Does not clog pores and has not broken me out *celebrates* You get lots of product at a very low price and it will last forever. Some people have complained about the packaging (which does suck but whoooo cares!!!)--- but no worries, just get a little sifter jar (or an empty Bare Minerals jar or sth) and pour the powder in there- tada problem solved!! I would not try to use this in the packaging it comes in as the opening is small and would make a huge mess! If you have oily skin, this is a god-send truly. I'll use this product forever and my bank account will thank me kindly. Available at local costume/theatre shops and many online costume sites- search around for cheapest shipping, because some websites will really rip you off on that shipping!! I went to Extreme Halloween/Annie's Costume something or other. I've had great service and fast shipping with them every time. Overall---- I will repurchase, AWESOME product, insanely affordable price for the product you are getting..... OH! and the Ben Nye Banana Visage yellow powder is also equally wonderful as this!!

on 5/6/2008 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this! Sets my makeup just right & helps it last too! I just HATE the packaging!

on 10/30/2007 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best setting powder on earth. I have super oily skin and this stuff brings it to a grinding halt. It has no color and just mattifies your foundation. It's absolutely wonderful stuff. Dirt Dirt Dirt cheap. I plan on using this for the rest of my life. And it doesn't clog my pores.

on 9/5/2007 2:14:00 PM

I don't usually need to wear much loose powder, but since getting bangs I've noticed some oiliness on my forehead. Just a little bit of this amazing powder keeps the shine away all day. I can't believe how inexpensive this product is. I definately recommend.

on 7/8/2007 12:46:00 AM

I got this thru the generosity of a friend who lived in the states. Have been lusting over ben nye for so long but since its's unavilable here in the Philippines, i have to plead thru my friends overseas. The packaging is alright - comes in a plastic shaker bottle. Just be very careful when you try to get some product out. I dont really mind the packaging, that just means im paying for the product not the pacakging. I used it on clients and so far i am impressed. There is a white cast at first - perhaps its because i use a puff instead of a brush. This does deliver. It provides a very matte finished polished look that will stay put:) I also used this to set concealer under the eys and a lil extra diffusses the dark under eye circles. The price is so affordable for a lot of product. Get a hold of it!

Recommended for Normal Skin