April 24, 2014 | 2021 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Neutral Set translucent powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Rts1

I don't usually need to wear much loose powder, but since getting bangs I've noticed some oiliness on my forehead. Just a little bit of this amazing powder keeps the shine away all day. I can't believe how inexpensive this product is. I definately recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by tituba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this thru the generosity of a friend who lived in the states. Have been lusting over ben nye for so long but since its's unavilable here in the Philippines, i have to plead thru my friends overseas. The packaging is alright - comes in a plastic shaker bottle. Just be very careful when you try to get some product out. I dont really mind the packaging, that just means im paying for the product not the pacakging. I used it on clients and so far i am impressed. There is a white cast at first - perhaps its because i use a puff instead of a brush. This does deliver. It provides a very matte finished polished look that will stay put:) I also used this to set concealer under the eys and a lil extra diffusses the dark under eye circles. The price is so affordable for a lot of product. Get a hold of it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG powder. Forget MAC's Blot Powder, or DDF's powder... this is THE ONE. For the first time, I went out of the house at 6am, came back at midnite, and my makeup was still on, without having looked cakey or chalky when i left.. it is FANTASTIC! When I'm going out to the club, I use this to ensure that when I get down, my makeup doesnt streak and get eaten up by my face..
The only minus is the packaging (the shaker bottle), but i just use the top of my other powder containers and I'm fine.. Seriously, $4 for a 4.3oz life saver is PEANUTS! I will never stray! I bought it online for a total cost of $5 from some theater supplies site.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am about to run out of this, and am planning on repurchasing. This powder is excellent. It sets makeup without changing the color of your foundation. And it is much cheaper than other powders. I am planning on buying the largest size and carrying a small container of powder with me and am sure it will last a very long time. The fact that it is colorless means that everybody can use it, and you don't have to change powders when the seasons change. Prior to this product I used the colorless powder from Dermablend, but that is $18 for only one oz of product and this is something like $7 or $8 for 6 oz of product. I believe this is my HG powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2006 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mathaholic

This is probably the best bang for the buck powder. I am impressed with this powder that I only paid $7 for. It lasts you for a very long period of time, and it really does a great job setting your make up. I don't like the packaging, so I put the powder in the sifter. The powder itself is white colored, but it goes on clear and translucent. I love how it mattifies my skin for the price that I am paying. I don't need to do any touch ups until lunch time, and I have very oily t-zone. Highly Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally learned how to use this powder and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!! First I apply foundation to face. Then, sprinkle a little Neutral Set into my hand. And dust onto face with a Japonesque blush brush under eyes, down nose, chin, around cheek line, and over eyes. Will sometimes dust on forehead if oily too. Removes shine. Helps control oil. Set foundation/concealer and other cream color w/o depositing any additional color. Does not cover highlighter, contouring, etc. Just leaves a natural, picture perfect finish. But if you apply too much or worried it looks white or ashy, just dust a little colored powder over it. Very affordable. $6 bucks for 3oz shaker bottle. Bottle will last for ever & ever. For reference, I'm an DDD-AAB(NW45 or Loreal HIP #818). continued >>

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2005 8:27:00 PM More reviews by cheezwhiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy moly! I'll never run out of this stuff. I've spent so much on other products to get that 'set' look. Those other projects would also cover over my blush, etc. This stuff gives me a nice matte look without drying my combination skin. Then, later on in the day, it doesn't make my skin feel tight or uncomfortable. It's so finely milled! I just shake some off into my palm and lightly dab my face brush into it. Then, I smoosh the powder around the brush, blow a little and apply. It's a simple, inexpensive and easy to use product! I found the whole Ben Nye line at a local costume shop just recently.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Shola_51

This powder is great. It holds my stage makeup in place so all i need is a light dusting during intermission. As for everyday use, I have no need for touchups throughout the day when I use this. Overall a truly great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by zayala

Great loose powder! I have naturally dryer skin, rather than oily so I don't need to use as much but it's great to set makeup... and if I'm going out for the night, this powder layers great to get the coverage you need. The shaker bottle isn't the best but I just pour/shake some into the cap and apply from there! I prefer this over any powder that claims to be 'neutral' but is labeled 'light, medium' etc. This leaves no color so it goes with virtually any skin tone, and you won't wreck your clothes or anything else if it happens to spill =)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2004 5:21:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl5

I said I would buy this again only because it is so very cheap for how much powder you get (that is...if I ever run out! I doubt it!). I have very, VERY oily skin and read the reviews of this powder on MUA which prompted me to try it. I don't think it really does anything for my oily skin...I still need to blot all day and need to reapply at least once a day (only because I'm too lazy to reapply more often!). It does not really "set" anything and shine keeps on going....