December 22, 2014 | 1664 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Neutral Set translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 6:59:00 AM More reviews by SuzieDVv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok well after reading the reviews here, I went in search of this powder. My T-zone shines like crazy in the summer, and so every year I start to hunt for my HG face powder. I'm a Euro MUA'er, mostly UK based. I found this online and it cost me around 9 ($18US), so it's not quite bargain basement, but it's cheaper than LM. It will also last a long time. It's a nice powder, finely milled and the scary white colour does look fine on my face. But it did zero for my oilies, unfortunately. I'd say it performed no better than Laura Mercier or La Mer or any of my minerals. As I bought it to help control the shine, I was disappointed, and would take the advice of the reviewer below - to try the Kryolan next summer instead. So for this reason, I wouldn't purchase this again, but for the price it's a great general purpose powder.
The search continues!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

This is good stuff. It will set *anything* without altering the color. And it's cheap and you get plenty.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe more people don't know about Ben Nye products. Neutral Set translucent powder is THE best setting powder I've used. This actually beats out Laura Mercier's powder which I've used for a long time, and still love, but Ben Nye's works better and it is so cheap. This is a very finely milled white powder. Don't be put off by the stark white color, as the name states it is translucent... no evidence of application expect for the perfectly set, oil-free skin you'll sporting for hours! :D Not heavy or cakey at all. Does not clog pores and has not broken me out *celebrates* You get lots of product at a very low price and it will last forever. Some people have complained about the packaging (which does suck but whoooo cares!!!)--- but no worries, just get a little sifter jar (or an empty Bare Minerals jar or sth) and pour the powder in there- tada problem solved!! I would not try to use this in the packaging it comes in as the opening is small and would make a huge mess! If you have oily skin, this is a god-send truly. I'll use this product forever and my bank account will thank me kindly. Available at local costume/theatre shops and many online costume sites- search around for cheapest shipping, because some websites will really rip you off on that shipping!! I went to Extreme Halloween/Annie's Costume something or other. I've had great service and fast shipping with them every time. Overall---- I will repurchase, AWESOME product, insanely affordable price for the product you are getting..... OH! and the Ben Nye Banana Visage yellow powder is also equally wonderful as this!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Sets my makeup just right & helps it last too! I just HATE the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by starvay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best setting powder on earth. I have super oily skin and this stuff brings it to a grinding halt. It has no color and just mattifies your foundation. It's absolutely wonderful stuff. Dirt Dirt Dirt cheap. I plan on using this for the rest of my life. And it doesn't clog my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Rts1

I don't usually need to wear much loose powder, but since getting bangs I've noticed some oiliness on my forehead. Just a little bit of this amazing powder keeps the shine away all day. I can't believe how inexpensive this product is. I definately recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by tituba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this thru the generosity of a friend who lived in the states. Have been lusting over ben nye for so long but since its's unavilable here in the Philippines, i have to plead thru my friends overseas. The packaging is alright - comes in a plastic shaker bottle. Just be very careful when you try to get some product out. I dont really mind the packaging, that just means im paying for the product not the pacakging. I used it on clients and so far i am impressed. There is a white cast at first - perhaps its because i use a puff instead of a brush. This does deliver. It provides a very matte finished polished look that will stay put:) I also used this to set concealer under the eys and a lil extra diffusses the dark under eye circles. The price is so affordable for a lot of product. Get a hold of it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG powder. Forget MAC's Blot Powder, or DDF's powder... this is THE ONE. For the first time, I went out of the house at 6am, came back at midnite, and my makeup was still on, without having looked cakey or chalky when i left.. it is FANTASTIC! When I'm going out to the club, I use this to ensure that when I get down, my makeup doesnt streak and get eaten up by my face..
The only minus is the packaging (the shaker bottle), but i just use the top of my other powder containers and I'm fine.. Seriously, $4 for a 4.3oz life saver is PEANUTS! I will never stray! I bought it online for a total cost of $5 from some theater supplies site.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am about to run out of this, and am planning on repurchasing. This powder is excellent. It sets makeup without changing the color of your foundation. And it is much cheaper than other powders. I am planning on buying the largest size and carrying a small container of powder with me and am sure it will last a very long time. The fact that it is colorless means that everybody can use it, and you don't have to change powders when the seasons change. Prior to this product I used the colorless powder from Dermablend, but that is $18 for only one oz of product and this is something like $7 or $8 for 6 oz of product. I believe this is my HG powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2006 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mathaholic

This is probably the best bang for the buck powder. I am impressed with this powder that I only paid $7 for. It lasts you for a very long period of time, and it really does a great job setting your make up. I don't like the packaging, so I put the powder in the sifter. The powder itself is white colored, but it goes on clear and translucent. I love how it mattifies my skin for the price that I am paying. I don't need to do any touch ups until lunch time, and I have very oily t-zone. Highly Recommended.