December 19, 2014 | 1671 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by suzzel

Ok, so this isn't the most socially acceptable tip in the world... But it's saved my a** more than once, specifically, when I've had to run off to work with bangs that are just starting to look greasy in the morning, and will be dripping by the end of my shift. So I'll share it.

It's basically corn starch with a little fragrance, use too much and you look like you have baby powder in your hair, but take a little, smooth/brush it in, and it'll keep you grease-free for another day. And it's dirt cheap... Apply before you put on black work clothes, this stuff gets on everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by cloudy888

i have never been without this in my entire life! love this stuff. my mom used to use this on me after the shower when i was a baby and a kid and i saw her doing the same on all m yyounger siblings. i just loved the way it made me feell clean and fresh and whenever i dont use it, i just dont feel like i have showered. so basically what i am saying is "it completes my shower" lol

i use it on my underarms and a little bit on my chest area just to have a fresh clean scent and to avoid smelling nasty if i sweat. i do apply deodrant after the baby powder most times because otherwise i just dont like the sticky feeling of sweat even though i don't smell

its cheap, lasts a LONGG time, smells great, easy to find

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by ias23

i got the cvs brand and it has the same ingredients of this.. i bought the cornstach not the orginal formula with talc coz it might cause me sensitivity.. i use this as my deo and i love it, it really keeps me dry all day.. no worries abt chemicals, dark underarms and white marks that deodorants cause.. eww.. i used this also to get rid of some excess oil on my hair since i shampoo every other day but i do it sometimes.. i also use this as my finishing veil and my makeup stays put very well and give me a really nice finish,i just use a bit enough for my whole face and tap some excess..no need to buy some mineral finishng veil.. plus the scent is fresh, it doesnt clash to any smell.. overall, i love how it works for me for a super cheap and natural product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for when I don't want to wash my hair to soak up the excess oil. And I actually do love this product, but I took off a lippie because one the smell makes me sneeze and another one because Johnson & Johnson Co. tests on animals. I'll be purchasing probably a generic brand next time or something like Stila's Hair Refresher.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by rebeccaae

all the girls in my office use this to soak up oil in their hair. It really works. Just start with a small amount because you don't need much. If you overdo it, your hair will feel nasty. But, once you get it right, you'll reach for this every time you can't wash your hair - whether it's because it's bad to wash your hair everyday, or just because you overslept and don't have the time. I haven't tried it as a face powder yet, but that makes perfect sense. I'm definitely going to give that a try -luxury powders do tend to get expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeas123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I mixed this with my mineral foundation that was way too dark,
and now i have the perfect skin.. im completely matte,
the color is like my own, and i love it!

for me, baby powder isn't so great for the hair,
it does absorb oil but i guess i just don't like the feeling of
greasy hair itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by TG83

Best deodorant ever! When I was using regular deodorant I got a horrible rash and was unable to wear even a bra because it rubbed me the wrong way. So I switched to Irish Spring soap and baby powder and it works great. I do Tae Bo and sweat like a fiend yet I never smell. Baby Powder is also great for boob/cleavage and butt sweat. I live in California and when it reaches 110 degrees I am glad I use the baby powder. Plus, our bodies are meant to sweat. I never understood putting waxes under your arms to clog your pores and get all sticky. Natural is sometimes better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by colettaaa

This is a great multi-tasking product. For a dry shampoo, it does not leave "dandruff" or make your hair gray-i have black hair i apply it to my roots, comb it out, and it absorbs the oil. It doesn't add a scent, but it does "neutralize" the smell. I also use this to absorb oil on my face. I dust it lightly on my t-zone (i have normal/combo skin) and it absorbs the oil way better than normal face powders. If u dust lightly it will be perfectly translucent and it lasts all day. obviously using it on your body keeps me dry and comfortable in the summer.
The only problem for this is the packaging, its hard to dispense the perfect amount of powder with the sifter.
**I have the cornstarch version and it works just as well as the original-for those who are worried about the side effects of talc**

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This may be absorbent but it is irritating, too. Aside from the fact that talcum is dangerous, it is very cakey and itchy on me, too. I also do not care for the scent. I use a blend of silk powder, arrowroot powder, and rice powder for similar uses, with care taken not to inhale ANY powder of any type.

For information on the dangers of talcum, check out these two articles, then decide for yourself:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I so much wanted to do the voluminous hair thing but this IS NOT the right product for it as much as the magazine hair sylists will tell you so.
The texture of the powder is too moisturising and the whiteness will make your hair look gray and old. Only the very blonde would be able to get away with it. Oh and did I mention the faux dandruff look so di rigueur this season? Under florescent lighting it's a mess.

The main reason that I'll never purchase this powder again is due to the fragrance. It makes me want to HEAVE. Just thinking about it makes me shudder, it's so sickly, sickly, sweet. I thought that this was what made babies smell so good. Nope, it's not.Fresh, new born skin is the reason why babies have that addictive scent, not this.

And healthwise, is talc in itself actually that good for you? Isn't there allegedly, well documented research about there been a correlation between talc and ovarian tumours? I don't know if it's too wise to be applying loose powder to hair without wearing a mask, all that dust in the air is very easily breathed in. If I had to put this in my hair to soak up too much hastily applied serum, I'd wear a paper mask whilst doing it and spray something over the top to disguise the ghastly odor.