July 29, 2014 | 1600 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeas123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I mixed this with my mineral foundation that was way too dark,
and now i have the perfect skin.. im completely matte,
the color is like my own, and i love it!

for me, baby powder isn't so great for the hair,
it does absorb oil but i guess i just don't like the feeling of
greasy hair itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by TG83

Best deodorant ever! When I was using regular deodorant I got a horrible rash and was unable to wear even a bra because it rubbed me the wrong way. So I switched to Irish Spring soap and baby powder and it works great. I do Tae Bo and sweat like a fiend yet I never smell. Baby Powder is also great for boob/cleavage and butt sweat. I live in California and when it reaches 110 degrees I am glad I use the baby powder. Plus, our bodies are meant to sweat. I never understood putting waxes under your arms to clog your pores and get all sticky. Natural is sometimes better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by colettaaa

This is a great multi-tasking product. For a dry shampoo, it does not leave "dandruff" or make your hair gray-i have black hair i apply it to my roots, comb it out, and it absorbs the oil. It doesn't add a scent, but it does "neutralize" the smell. I also use this to absorb oil on my face. I dust it lightly on my t-zone (i have normal/combo skin) and it absorbs the oil way better than normal face powders. If u dust lightly it will be perfectly translucent and it lasts all day. obviously using it on your body keeps me dry and comfortable in the summer.
The only problem for this is the packaging, its hard to dispense the perfect amount of powder with the sifter.
**I have the cornstarch version and it works just as well as the original-for those who are worried about the side effects of talc**

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This may be absorbent but it is irritating, too. Aside from the fact that talcum is dangerous, it is very cakey and itchy on me, too. I also do not care for the scent. I use a blend of silk powder, arrowroot powder, and rice powder for similar uses, with care taken not to inhale ANY powder of any type.

For information on the dangers of talcum, check out these two articles, then decide for yourself:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I so much wanted to do the voluminous hair thing but this IS NOT the right product for it as much as the magazine hair sylists will tell you so.
The texture of the powder is too moisturising and the whiteness will make your hair look gray and old. Only the very blonde would be able to get away with it. Oh and did I mention the faux dandruff look so di rigueur this season? Under florescent lighting it's a mess.

The main reason that I'll never purchase this powder again is due to the fragrance. It makes me want to HEAVE. Just thinking about it makes me shudder, it's so sickly, sickly, sweet. I thought that this was what made babies smell so good. Nope, it's not.Fresh, new born skin is the reason why babies have that addictive scent, not this.

And healthwise, is talc in itself actually that good for you? Isn't there allegedly, well documented research about there been a correlation between talc and ovarian tumours? I don't know if it's too wise to be applying loose powder to hair without wearing a mask, all that dust in the air is very easily breathed in. If I had to put this in my hair to soak up too much hastily applied serum, I'd wear a paper mask whilst doing it and spray something over the top to disguise the ghastly odor.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Cynthia7789

Ahh..baby powder..a lifesaver! So many uses, but here are my 2 main ones:
I am Italian and tend to get oily, I guess my skin is about average in that department but my HAIR (mainly the roots/bangs) is what gets extremely oily if I don't wash it for even one day. Which I hate to do, btw, because I damage it enough with a blow-dryer and straightener already. So to get 2 days out of 1 wash, it's baby powder in my roots all the way. It's as effective as hair powders and dry shampoos for a fraction of the price. Since I have dark hair, it does look gray right after I put it in (shake some in my hand, turn head upside down, finger thru roots) but simple fix: just blow-dry on cool or warm for a few seconds, brush, and voila. Grease be gone.
Also, I use a small amount on a fluffy brush to set makeup. I do this during the day if I'm just running errands or something or if I'm out of powder eraser because I'm not a huge fan of the smell of J&J on my face. But once again, works just like a much more expensive option.
Try some in your gym shoes to banish stinky foot smell :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by 3niR

I am using this for 10 years or more than that. It keeps my skin soft and it smells really good. But recently I am breaking out and I do not know why is this happening. When I stop using this, my skin was okay again. My acne is not that severe but maybe I should stop using this on my face as it is not suiting me anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know very little about the dangers of talc, but since it is the main ingredient in baby powder, it worries me.

I recommend reading about it, and then judge for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

Baby powder is amaaaazing. :D I use it for my body, hair, and face. After a shower I coat my skin with it. I love the fresh scent! It also works wonders as a dry shampoo. Why buy those pricey ones by Ojon and the sort when it's pretty much the same thing? I dust it onto my hair line and on my bangs, blow dry the white powder out, and voila! My hair looks like I just washed it. Also, everyday I use this as a finishing powder. It holds oilies very well! I lightly dust the cornstarch version on my T-zone and I'm good for the whole day. Stick some in a sifter and it's perfect for your makeup bag.
I LOVE THIS STUFF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Snow_Angel350

I'v been using this as long as i can remember, every night before i go to bed i practically bathe myself in this! or anytime i feel a little hot and sticky, makes me feel dry and fresh and smells great.