Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace EDT

on 4/23/2004 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I just recently started on a vanilla kick - a friend turned me on to vanilla when she bought me a bunch of BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar stuff. I found the BBW Splash doesn't last at all for me, so I'm on a *quest* for the perfect, long lasting vanilla scent. VS Vanilla Lace isn't it, but it's not bad.

It smells really strange when I apply it - almost like rubbing alcohol. I also feel a slightly sticky residue after applying. It dries down to an almost cotton candy smell. It's long lasting (which I appreciate and smells nice), but it isn't "The One." It'll do in the interim, though, especially since it's not expensive. :-)

on 4/5/2004 9:20:00 PM

This is a soft, pretty vanilla fragrance. IMO, it is not a "foody" vanilla, but a powdery, floral one. The EDT is inexpensive and the scent lingers all day. I would like to try L'Occitane's version to see how they compare. Overall, a nice vanilla choice. Update (6/4/04):
Vanilla Lace is a deep, smokey vanilla whereas L'Occitane's Vanille is airy and sweet. Two wonderful, totally different vanillas. Both delicious!!

on 3/26/2004 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

YES i TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE REVIEW BELOW, i also purchased a few of the new hand and body creams and got the same powdery effect that was rather drying to my skin.I am disappointed with this new formula. I haven't tried the new formula in the lotion but upon smelling from the container when testing in the store I detected a strong plastic type smell. This is a huge turn off for me.

yum. i love this. i cant really put my finger on the scent but it isnt quite sugary cookie vanilla but its a nice scent none the less. smells so yummy espcially when mixed with something strawberry scented for a strawberries & creme effect. yumyumyum =9

on 3/9/2004 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This smells like sugar cookies to me, but artificial. I got this in a swap, so I won't ever purchase.

on 2/28/2004 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very soft and pretty fragrance.my favorite vanilla.

on 1/27/2004 1:22:00 PM

Has anybody out there tried the 'NEW ULTRA-MOISTURIZING" version of the Vanilla Lace body cream? I am SO UPSET!!! I am absolutely addicted to this product and they have changed some of the ingredients so that it feels nothing like it used to. It actually feels like it leaves a drying residue on my hands now and it doesn't even smell the same. Why do cosmetic companies always do this?? I assume it has something to do with $$$$$

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only got this because they are having a fat sale right now. This is more of a spicy vanilla, which I am not too crazy about. It reminds me of BBW's nasty Warm Vanilla Sugar scent (disgusting excuse for a vanilla scent!!!) I like the more buttery vanilla scents. I prefer AZW's Vanilla Cream Cake - my absolute favorite of all time.

on 12/31/2003 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite vanilla fragrance. I get compliments everytime I wear it. Love it. The EDT lastslonger than the body spray so I love that.

on 12/28/2003 10:56:00 AM

This is also my favorite vanilla scent,hands down. I prefer the spray and lotion over all other forms. On me,it dries down to a sugar cookie vanilla with maybe a *hint* of muskiness,certainly NOTHING like B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar(which I can't stand).
I am happy that it's so cheaply purchased at sale time-that way I can stock up. Plus my dh loves it...he is all over all things vanilla! ;p

Popular Fragrances