October 2, 2014 | 1838 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted this brush like mad when I first started getting into buying decent brushes. And it is a fabulous brush...excellent for applying and smudging colour under the lower lashes, perfect for defining the crease and just the thing for applying a light colour to the tear duct area. But, like all MAC brushes, it's pricey and I found a fabulous set by POSH that included 2 pencil brushes - one very tiny and one slightly larger - for a fraction of the price of the 219 and which work just as well.

Definitely a good, quality brush and I don't regret having it but there are cheaper brushes out there that work just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mjhdesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

The tip is so dense sometimes I can't believe they could get the bristles to do that, and it's actually goat hair so it's not rough or too abrasive for that sensitive skin around our eyes at all. It applies eyeshadow on the lower lash line perfectly & neatly, but this can also be used to apply direct color in the other "v".

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Another mac brush that I cannot do without! It's the most perfect brush for applying colour on my lower lash line. Nothing got close to doing the same job as this perfectly!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by veeveeaan

I'll keep this simple :)
1) A nicely pointed tip on a round brush provides create precision when you want to blend... but blend precisely. Like for a smokey eye or applying colour to the crease. I personally love to use this as a brush to blend out eyeliner or black e/s (as a liner) to create a softer look. Pointed tip also let's you apply lighter colours accurately on your inner corner.
2) MAC brushes are not cheap, they are pricey but I think when a consumer walks in knowing how much money they spend, they not only buy the quality but also the brand. I don't mind paying more for a brand I like to support, plus it is definitely a good quality brush. Hasn't shed a single bristle on me - ever. It's not just got quality bristles it's also got a quality handle. I love the matte handles of MAC brushes, great to the touch.
3) The hairs are fairly soft, but rigid enough to hold its pointed tip. Works fine on the eyes and is gentle so it won't cause irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by yvonnelaizer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It's an absolute must have as I use it in every single look. I don't remember how I used to do my eye makeup without it! I use it for applying shadow on the lower lash line, as well as inner corner highlight and sometimes for the crease. I do not have to repurchase because it will last for a very long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

yes! yes! yes! top 3 brushes, hands down. If I had to get by with only 3 brushes for my eyes it would be the flat shader brush, the fluffy white brush and this one. amazing for under eye, for tear-duct and for precise application. Good job MAC

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I guess this is good for precise application, but to apply shadow thickly I turn this on its side and apply shadow so the rough tip won't hurt my eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush has revolutionized and forever changed how I apply shadow. It's the only brush I like to use to get the perfect V and fine crease work accomplished during my e/s application! I have tried a few alternative brushes that look similar in shape and/or size, but none compare to the results and craftmanship to the MAC 219. In addition it's the perfect brush for me to apply and blend eye shadow or liner on the lower lash line.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by MissShellDawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, this brush has soooo many uses! It is a supa brush. I got this in the MAC Magic, Mirth & Mischief Collection: Do-The-Trick Buff and Line Brush Set! You can use the brush for precision shading on lid, in eye crease or along lash line, in the corner of the eye (due to the presicion tip). It is ideal for blending eyeliner into eye shadow to create a smoky look! I love this brush soo much! Everyone should own it! I want to buy the full size brush eventually!

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush! I use it for a plethera of purposes! It is brilliant at applying color in outer v and crease, but also for getting under the lower lashes and smudging liner or other darker colors! I love this brush and there is not a day that I dont use this puppy! It is my MVP!