MAC #219 Pencil Brush

4.6

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have a LE version that came in a set. Don't know which one - I bought it at a warehouse sale. I was hesitant to purchase due to the reputation of the sets. However, I'm glad I did. This brush is so soft on my eyes and very versatile. I do not like to carry my MAC brushes out for fear of losing them, but I felt I could not do without this. I realize this is a pencil brush but it is more versatile for me. I use it as a pencil brush for my lower lash line, but most especially as a crease and outer v, blending brush. I have a small crease area to work with but this fits perfectly. I use the circular windshield method to make e/s softer and blended with this but do still use another blending brush once the initial work is done. It's also perfect for when doing cut creases.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this baby!
I think it's a must for any girl's makeup bag. It gives maximum precision and you can use it everywhere, not only in the under-eye area, as m/u artists recommend. I also use it for smokey eyes looks and it's wonderful.
Even though, I gave it just 4 lippies because its price is totally killing me. It cost me about 30 euros here, in Europe,. =(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just recently purchased this brush and am now wondering how I managed without it! It is a great brush for getting the finishing touch for a smokey eye and wonderful for any precision work....another great brush by MAC.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted this brush like mad when I first started getting into buying decent brushes. And it is a fabulous brush...excellent for applying and smudging colour under the lower lashes, perfect for defining the crease and just the thing for applying a light colour to the tear duct area. But, like all MAC brushes, it's pricey and I found a fabulous set by POSH that included 2 pencil brushes - one very tiny and one slightly larger - for a fraction of the price of the 219 and which work just as well.

Definitely a good, quality brush and I don't regret having it but there are cheaper brushes out there that work just as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The tip is so dense sometimes I can't believe they could get the bristles to do that, and it's actually goat hair so it's not rough or too abrasive for that sensitive skin around our eyes at all. It applies eyeshadow on the lower lash line perfectly & neatly, but this can also be used to apply direct color in the other "v".

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Another mac brush that I cannot do without! It's the most perfect brush for applying colour on my lower lash line. Nothing got close to doing the same job as this perfectly!

I'll keep this simple :)
1) A nicely pointed tip on a round brush provides create precision when you want to blend... but blend precisely. Like for a smokey eye or applying colour to the crease. I personally love to use this as a brush to blend out eyeliner or black e/s (as a liner) to create a softer look. Pointed tip also let's you apply lighter colours accurately on your inner corner.
2) MAC brushes are not cheap, they are pricey but I think when a consumer walks in knowing how much money they spend, they not only buy the quality but also the brand. I don't mind paying more for a brand I like to support, plus it is definitely a good quality brush. Hasn't shed a single bristle on me - ever. It's not just got quality bristles it's also got a quality handle. I love the matte handles of MAC brushes, great to the touch.
3) The hairs are fairly soft, but rigid enough to hold its pointed tip. Works fine on the eyes and is gentle so it won't cause irritation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this brush! It's an absolute must have as I use it in every single look. I don't remember how I used to do my eye makeup without it! I use it for applying shadow on the lower lash line, as well as inner corner highlight and sometimes for the crease. I do not have to repurchase because it will last for a very long time!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

yes! yes! yes! top 3 brushes, hands down. If I had to get by with only 3 brushes for my eyes it would be the flat shader brush, the fluffy white brush and this one. amazing for under eye, for tear-duct and for precise application. Good job MAC

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I guess this is good for precise application, but to apply shadow thickly I turn this on its side and apply shadow so the rough tip won't hurt my eye.

Popular Makeup Brushes