April 16, 2014 | 2043 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Estee Lauder - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by simetra

I got this as a gift with purchase and it burns like hell and doesn't remove all eye makeup unless you scrub really hard.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by margirl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh, not the best eye makeup remover around...it did the trick, but took several swipes of a cotton ball and still didn't completely remove all the waterproof eyeliner...i also got this as a gwp.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

I received this gwp. I do not like it at all. It burned my eyes and didn't remove all the eye makeup. Felt like I was pulling my eyelashes out with this. I poured it out. I will stay with my Clinique Take the Day Off remover.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:53:00 AM More reviews by mercyk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is like the worst Estee Lauder product available. It burns your eyes really badly...bahh it's like rubbing pure alcohol on your eyes. Would never purchase this, luckily, it was a gwp. Definitely went straight to the bin after first use.

Bahh..doesn't allow you to rate '0'

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by anormansyah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant brilliant product. No way I will chose other eye make up remover now after my experience.

I bought this as part of xmas gift, then loving the gentle feel of it on my eyelid. Then because I know how pricy it is so I decided to buy Loreal/Simple/Garnier for sensitive eyes eye make up remover because they're cheaper. Big mistake.

My eyes were swollen and dry for weeks and weeks, and I thought it was my eyeshadow from Max Factor/No 17/ and Estee Lauder too. But then I return to Boots and bought this again, and my eyes started to go moist again, not dry and sore.

What a miracle product. I stick to this for life.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by lamp4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For me this product worked just as well as clinique's eye makeup remover. I don't wear any waterproof eye makeup, so it worked great without any burning to take off eye makeup. I wonder if others got a bad batch or maybe they are improving in their formula to really be gentle. I didn't even need to rinse off my eyes without water afterwards. I wear contacts too and it never bothered my contacts.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by taz1946

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't imagine why anyone would pay the $$ for this product when there are drug store brands that are 10x better. Of the eye makeup removers I have tried it is the least effective...requires rubbing and it burns! Soap and water would work as well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by heartsp1986

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gwp. I will not use this again. It made my eyes burn, and I don't feel that this did a great job with removing my makeup. To be honest, using a dye free, sensitive skin baby wipe did a better job without all the fuss.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by ferarri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this with my Estee Spectacular 2009 - 100ml bottle. Used it for the first time today. It didnt sting my eyes but the surrounding areas seem a tat dry. Saw my eyes slightly red but don't know if it is due to this makeup remover. Removed my maybeline gel liner ok. Didn't use mascara today. Still on the fence regarding this. I like the lotion for face better.

If this doesn't work on my eyes, may use it as a travel brushes cleanser instead. At least I can finish it. Love the dark blue bottle with gold cap very much. The 100ml size is great for traveling as it is the max size we can carry on board.

I want to try the Estee Take it Away Cleansing oil. Tried it on my hands, felt very nice and thick. Hope it cleanse as well as Mac Cleanse Off!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by bubbletea1212

I got this at CCO so it was a little bit cheaper than at sephora or anything, but even without the discount it is at a decent price ($15.50 about). I have had mine for about a month or two and I've used 1/4 to 1/3 of the product. However I do not use alot of makeup (concealer and eyeliner only mostly).
Pros: plastic container easy to travel, works great, very gentle, great price, travel sizes available sometimes as gifts w/ purchase deals.
Cons: a littttttttttttle bit drying, but nothing too much. All makeup removers/cleansers will be drying but this is still very gentle.

Overall great product! <3