October 25, 2014 | 1492 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser II

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2004 8:42:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I had a lot of faith in this product because of all the glowing MUA raves and rec's off the board - but this just didn't do ANYTHING for me. I don't know why. My skin has showed great results in the past with glycolic cleansers (I used to use Aqua Glycolic religiously) - but MD Forte's cleansers just haven't done a thing for my skin, and I've been using them for a while. My skin hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten better either. Guess this stuff doesn't work for everybody!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2004 3:31:00 PM More reviews by shammalammadingdong

I have combination skin, with extremely clogged pores in my T zone. I've been using this for about 1 1/2 months now, and while I still have clogged pore issues, things are a lot brighter and smoother. I never had true acne issues, but since using this, I seem to only get 1 or 2 tiny ones once a month (courtesy of my period, of course!) This, combined with a once a week enzyme peel is truly working wonders for me. Last time I went in for a facial, the esthetician commented on how good my skin looked while under the harsh magnification lamp!
I have noticed that if my face is a bit whisker burned from kissing my SO this stuff will sting, but otherwise there is never any irritation when I use it.
The packaging is pretty boring; it reminds me of a Pantene shampoo bottle. I would much prefer a flip-top tube or something, but I can live with what it is.
Probably HG for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2004 4:12:00 PM More reviews by daste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser has such good word of mouth but it did nothing for me except tingle while it was on my skin. After using it for a month I had to conclude that it didn't exfoliate my skin well and had no effect on breakouts. *sigh* and I had such high hopes. I gave it three lippies since it didn't cause me any breakouts and seemed to clean alright. My price was pretty expensive (I got it at a derm's office) but at least they let me trade it in for the Glycare cleanser, which I will review after using for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2004 6:47:00 AM More reviews by reginarn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use it with the Bioclear. I apply it on dry skin and leave it on about 5 minutes. I use neutrogena sensitive skin face wash to wash my makeup off and then use this. This is good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2004 9:50:00 AM More reviews by kareygirl

I received a nice sized sample of this from a very generous swapper and am dying to get my hands on more. I like the way this makes my skin look and feel! It is applied dry which I am not used to but by massaging it onto dry skin and leaving it for a minute or two, I feel it working to remove the old skin and reveal a softer, fresher complexion. I would recommend this for most skin types with drier more sensitive ones using moisture to hydrate and soothe. I don't find this drying by any means like some glycolic products I have unsuccessfully used in the past. I desperately want to get my hands on a large size of this cleanser!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2004 1:00:00 PM More reviews by thehepburn

I dont understand the hype. I have been using this for almost 2 months now and I will not be re-buying this. I have dry, relatively clear skin. I bought this to help with exfoliation as my skin is flaky. From the first time I ever used it, I had to use twice more than the recommended "quarter" size since the cleanser literally disappeared into my skin before I could spread it. Very annoying. Also, I know that a lot of people find this gentle for a AHA cleanser but since I have dry skin, it leaves my face taut and sometimes flaky, surprising for a non-foaming cleanser. I could get the same results from a cheaper cleanser altho this cleanser is not that expensive -- $19 for 8oz at dermstore.com

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 7:41:00 PM More reviews by jitterbug

I am in awe of this product. I've had the WORST breakouts for the past 2 months - BIG red patches of zits on my cheeks and tons of whiteheads. It wasn't until I ordered this cleanser that I saw some big BIG results. Got a little worse before it got better, but 2 weeks later all I've got left is a little scaring and this cleanser helps a lot even with that! I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2004 9:13:00 PM More reviews by linzabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love, love, LOVE this cleaser!! i use it am and pm and it has taken away my flakes and has made my skin nice and smooth. i haven't had a breakout for over a month...awesome! i will be using this for the rest of my life :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2004 4:12:00 PM More reviews by jendorf

This is the best cleaser out there for acne-prone skin. I ran out and switched to cetaphil for a week and my face totally broke out. I use this at night and it takes off all of my makeup. Use it dry, without water and after 2 mins, rinse. It's a bit pricey but you dont need to use alot.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2004 7:11:00 AM More reviews by juliazulia

Love this cleanser. I also apply it to dry skin, massage my face, and after approximately 2 minutes I wash it off with a warm wet washcloth. It stings a little bit. My skin isn't tight after using this cleanser, it does feel very soft and clean. I use it in the evening before I use JM's bioclear. Those 2 products help my skin stay very clear. I haven't had any clogged pores thanks to this routine.