July 29, 2014 | 1972 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 7:51:00 AM More reviews by bulbataras

As others have said, this is the perfect red for any occasion. I also like a more classic warm red as well but this is the perfect red for Autumn/Winter when you don't want to wear a brighter red. I also like that it is blood red, instead of a browny red, which so many of them seem to be, and looks horrid on my skin. It is a definitely a cool red but I look better with warms colors and it still looks great on me. So happy I chose this color, as this is here to stay and I can tell straight away, it will not end up in the bin like some other dark colors I have tried before....love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by annabelle

What can I say? This should be the red polish everyone should own!
Malaga Wine isn't really a wine color, it's more of a true blood red in direct sunlight. It's a very classic color, and is very similar to MAC's Rougemarie. In the shade, or indoors, MW transforms into a dark red, very close to a vampy nail color.
That is what I love about this color: it changes depending on the lighting.
The application was great! I applied 2 thin coats for opacity. The np went on smoothly, with absolutely no streaks. I applied 1 coat of Nailtek Foundation as my basecoat, then proceeded with 2 coats of Malaga Wine, and finally, one coat of Seche Vite.
The result is a glossy blood red that suits every occasion!

IMO, everyone should own Malaga Wine, it is a staple! I see it as asuitable color on all skintones.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My very favorite OPI color.It is the most beautiful rich wine that looks great with a little black dress.
Whenever I decide to try a different color I scan the shelves at the nail salon but no matter how many bottles there are I always seem drawn to it and pick it out of the crowd.
I would call it HG but for the life of me I can't figure out what it stands for. If anyone can tell me..PLEASE email

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

Malaga Wine is a deep wine red color - a tad cool, but neutral enough to be flattering on many skintones. With all of the super dark polishes introduced the past couple of years, this almost seems more like a mid-tone now, but I would still classify it as deep. This is a creme, which I like, and applied well (I have the older formula). This is a very classic looking red that is wearable year-round. Malaga Wine is not a unique color, but I do like it. It is very popular, but for a good reason as it is suitable for many skintones, ages, situations, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by zaintek

Wonderful sophisticated deep red polish. It's perfect a pedicure, makes me feel very luxious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only nailpolish I have ever repurchased. BEST color for my toes, ever. Looks sophisticated. No shimmer/glitter. Love love love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Malaga red is a beautiful vampy deep red cream, no glitter or shimmer here. Its simply gorgeous, very classy and sophicated. On my pale cool toned skin it pulls a bit more brown /plummy than I ideally I would like so its not my HG red polish but its still just stunning and one of the better red I have tried. If you find Malaga Wine a bit dark or brown on you then I suggest Got The Blues For Red, its maybe 1.5 shades lighter and has zero brown tones on me. So classic and lovely, applies like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

** Click for pic ** >>
Malaga Wine is such a beautiful, sophisticated blood red. It turns to be a bright, bold red in direct sunlight, but indoors it looks a deep blood red. The consistency is absolutely perfect, this just smooths onto the nail with such rich, creamy colour without streaking or bubbling; it's the best application I've had with any nail polish! I love how most OPI colours suit both warm and cool, and this is definitely one of them. It's got a lovely finish; thick, rich and absolutely stunning. I adore this colour so much; it's the perfect red creme. Normally I go for shimmers, but this is just the most beautiful creme shade and definitely one of my favourites. A staple in my collection that's perfect for any season and any occasion; a glamorous, sophisticated blood red creme.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by nata_lilie

This is my absolute FAVORITE shade of red. In a dark evening light, this appears to be an intensely deep, blood red with blue-ish undertones. In bright light, it's a clean, glossy red. This is a super versatile colour and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

(click continued for pic) This is an absolutely gorgeous red color. Sometimes it looks a little dark and sometimes it looks a little "light" (not too light though) but overall it's a very pretty deep red/wine color. I think it will be flattering on all skin colors, and it looks great against my medium skintone. The polish lasts a VERY long time, mine lasted about two weeks before it started to chip (base coat + two coats of color + top coat)! You could see my nails growing out before you could start to see it chip - and I'm a college student so I definitely don't baby my nails. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No