April 18, 2014 | 1299 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My very favorite OPI color.It is the most beautiful rich wine that looks great with a little black dress.
Whenever I decide to try a different color I scan the shelves at the nail salon but no matter how many bottles there are I always seem drawn to it and pick it out of the crowd.
I would call it HG but for the life of me I can't figure out what it stands for. If anyone can tell me..PLEASE email

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

Malaga Wine is a deep wine red color - a tad cool, but neutral enough to be flattering on many skintones. With all of the super dark polishes introduced the past couple of years, this almost seems more like a mid-tone now, but I would still classify it as deep. This is a creme, which I like, and applied well (I have the older formula). This is a very classic looking red that is wearable year-round. Malaga Wine is not a unique color, but I do like it. It is very popular, but for a good reason as it is suitable for many skintones, ages, situations, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by zaintek

Wonderful sophisticated deep red polish. It's perfect a pedicure, makes me feel very luxious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only nailpolish I have ever repurchased. BEST color for my toes, ever. Looks sophisticated. No shimmer/glitter. Love love love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Malaga red is a beautiful vampy deep red cream, no glitter or shimmer here. Its simply gorgeous, very classy and sophicated. On my pale cool toned skin it pulls a bit more brown /plummy than I ideally I would like so its not my HG red polish but its still just stunning and one of the better red I have tried. If you find Malaga Wine a bit dark or brown on you then I suggest Got The Blues For Red, its maybe 1.5 shades lighter and has zero brown tones on me. So classic and lovely, applies like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

** Click for pic ** >>
Malaga Wine is such a beautiful, sophisticated blood red. It turns to be a bright, bold red in direct sunlight, but indoors it looks a deep blood red. The consistency is absolutely perfect, this just smooths onto the nail with such rich, creamy colour without streaking or bubbling; it's the best application I've had with any nail polish! I love how most OPI colours suit both warm and cool, and this is definitely one of them. It's got a lovely finish; thick, rich and absolutely stunning. I adore this colour so much; it's the perfect red creme. Normally I go for shimmers, but this is just the most beautiful creme shade and definitely one of my favourites. A staple in my collection that's perfect for any season and any occasion; a glamorous, sophisticated blood red creme.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by nata_lilie

This is my absolute FAVORITE shade of red. In a dark evening light, this appears to be an intensely deep, blood red with blue-ish undertones. In bright light, it's a clean, glossy red. This is a super versatile colour and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

(click continued for pic) This is an absolutely gorgeous red color. Sometimes it looks a little dark and sometimes it looks a little "light" (not too light though) but overall it's a very pretty deep red/wine color. I think it will be flattering on all skin colors, and it looks great against my medium skintone. The polish lasts a VERY long time, mine lasted about two weeks before it started to chip (base coat + two coats of color + top coat)! You could see my nails growing out before you could start to see it chip - and I'm a college student so I definitely don't baby my nails. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is quickly becoming my all-time favorite red. It's not very wine-y on my olive skin, but it is gorgeous and can be worn year-round. I think it would look good on everyone--this might sound weird but I think it "warms up" the skin on my hands, or makes me seem more tan than I am right now. It lasts long (usually about a week depending on what you do--mine lasts through dishes and even a dogbath :)) and the new brush is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by MsLips

Omg is this one of the most beautiful colors OPI created...i love it! It's the perfect deep berry and it's not dark dark, just perfect. It suits every skin tone, i think. It's a matte color.