Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 12/16/2010 9:33:00 PM

Ugh, this is the worst eye makeup remover ever. It stings everytime I use it. I almost forgot that I still have half the bottle in my dresser. Gonna throw it after this warning -er, review. It is a complete waste of money on my part. Obviously will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this simply 'cause I needed a new bottle of eye makeup remover & this was on sale...I really like that you can squirt it on a cotton round, instead of some bottles where you kind have to stick a cotton ball to the opening & saturate it. This didn't irritate my eyes at all & removed even waterproof mascara with ease. It didn't have a weird smell or leave my eyes feeling greasy, plus it came with a free mascara! This is one of the cheapest eye makeup removers at my Walmart & seems to last me longer than most other brands with the same size bottle. I've noticed that they almost always come with a free mascara - such a good deal for less than $3! The only downside is that it doesn't feel as "smooth" as other eye makeup removers, but it doesn't leave you with that oily feeling either.

on 12/4/2010 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Very gentle, takes everything off. only stngs if you use too much.

on 12/1/2010 2:51:00 PM

I have used this product for years and it has never let me down! It removes all my mascara without the oily residue that so many of the other effective eye make up removers leave behind. The lid is designed perfectly-- the remover is easy to get out but not so easy that you spill it all over the place. Furthermore, it doesn't sting if it gets in my eyes. My HG eye make up remover!

on 11/18/2010 5:30:00 PM

I have really sensitive eyes. This makeup remover has become the #1 item I keep stocked up on...for fear of it being discontinued...let's not go there :) I love it and highly recommend it to everyone!

on 11/13/2010 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Removes anything. Despensing hole is just big enough to fit the tip of a Q-tip in it. It's NOT greasy at all! LOVE.

on 11/1/2010 6:50:00 PM

This product is waste of money! Doesn't remove waterproof or regular mascara. Invest in Neutrogena oil free makeup remover because it works and doesn't burn your eyes.

on 10/23/2010 12:42:00 AM

Great!
-cheap
-very gentle- no stinging or any irritation at all
- very large amt. of product
-love the top- has a very small opening so you can get just what you need- not a ton!
-removes absolutely everything with no effort

No downsides so far! Love it!

on 9/28/2010 3:55:00 PM

I absolutely hated this product. I had heard some really great things so when I got it I was super exited. But sadly it stung my eyes it took forever to take off even my regular mascara it was just a terrible terrible product. I would really suggest that you not waste your money and buy a different product.

on 9/14/2010 9:16:00 PM

So glad I tried this! I posted a question on the BE Addicts board about DS products people couldn't live without. I got a ton of great responses and one of the suggestions was Rimmel's Gentle Eye Make Up Remover. I wish I could thank that poster because I have been using it ever since. After years of using Maybelline's version, this is now my HG eye makeup remover. I pay $6.19 for this at my local grocery story and if I was better with coupons, I'm sure I could get it for even less, but I am just so happy to have found a decent product that doesn't have a harsh scent, doesn't irritate my eyes, and most importantly, does not deposit a layer of oil in my vision.

In all fairness, I don't think this product removes *all* of my waterproof mascara. However.....given that this is truly oil free, I'm ok with that. I'd rather deal with SOME leftover mascara vs. dealing with oil in my eyes. Oil is oil, and it is great at breaking down waterproof products....the question is, can you deal with it in and around your eyes? I prefer not to, so I stick with this great product. I find that following up with a full face wash after removing my eye makeup does just fine for getting rid of any leftover product.

Love it. Thank you, poster on BE Addicts, wherever you are!!! xoxoxo