October 25, 2014 | 1707 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by amy0690

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Use it everyday! Super cheap from the supplier!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this powder, I have extremely oily skin and this powder keeps my face matte all day, I may have to use blotting paper if I'm heading out at night but it's just because I'm extremely fussy. It is a really fine powder and a little goes a LONG way. Absolutely love it. The only thing I don't like is that a lot of powder comes out when you try to get a little bit so wastage is a bit of a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kittycatx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this on the Kim Kardashian blog of what her make up artist uses. I like how her face always looks glowy but it doesn't look shiny. I haven't really figured out how to contour with it yet because it barely shows up on my skin. I used it under my eyes to try to highlight my cheeks but it just doesn't show up. Before using the Banana Powder I would always have to carry around make up remover to remove little spots of black from my eyelashes touching my skin and making light black smudges and I haven't had to use it since I started putting on the Banana Powder. It takes away all the oil in your skin too and it doesn't make it look cakey. I want to try the Buff powder to see if it will work any better for lighter skin but if not I'll stick with the Banana Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

Great highlighting and setting powder for most skin tones with golden undertones and those with red undertones wishing to balance their complexion. I use it once in the morning to highlight my tzone and front of face. I only have to reapply 8-10 hours later if its really humid out. It gives me a nice luminous look thats mattified, not dewy. Really fair skin with pink under tones will not fare well with this powder, everyone else should buy the 3 oz shaker jar and a loose powder compact to transfer the powder into. Shaker jar is not convenient for makeup case ans purse

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this powder is a must have if you are olive or tan skinned, I am MAC Nc40-42 and Bobbi Brown Warm natural or Laura Mericer Warm Vanilla, this is great for me I usually use my elf brush (the flat top one) and rub this one photographs well also. a lot of more affordable then other loose powders go buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Charmainecay

I love this product. It's perfect for asian skin tone. I use it to set my BB cream. Bb creams are known to appear grayish. Setting it with Banana powder cancels the gray/white cast. It aslo "mattifies" the whole face. The only downside is the packaging. You need to transfer it to a sifter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The powder does what it says - basically it is a good setting powder that is almost invisible on the face. It doesn't matify my combo skin, but it helps my foundation last longer. I use Bare Minerals face powder brush with it. I tried it over different foundations and it does create a beautiful, even, velvety finish. I always use make up setting spray on top of it though. What I don't like is the color, I have pale skin and the yellow is visible especially under my eyes where I don't put pronzer/blush, so I cannot say it is universally flattering on all skin tones. The packaging is not ideal either, too much coming out every time I shake a bottle. I also have translucent Ben Nye powder that I hope will perform better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by gozdeunlu

WOW.! this stuff is AMAZING. Where do I start.. The texture of the product is so light and smooth it is a great loose powder i use this to highlight the face, set concealer and set foundation the color of the powder is yellow though you may use it for any under toned skin it just works with any skin color I'd say.! Oh and little goes a very long way with this. The only thing i would change about this product is the way the powder comes out the powder is very loose and fine and once you open the lid and go to tap some powder out TOO much product just comes out I lost a lot of product at the start because of this.
Overall an amazing powder

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by m678x79xx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the great reviews of this product, I was really excited to try it. I have very oily skin, and while I've kind of given up hope that there is a powder out there that will solve this problem, I had the expectation that it wouldn't make the problem worse. Well, I can say that the powder performed adequately in this regard. I wasn't any less oily, but I don't think it was any worse than other powders. The reason I wouldn't buy it again however is that the color just did not work for me. I have an olive complexion that can get very tan in the summer, and that is really the only time the color matches. The rest of the year, the powder is just too yellow for my skin tone. I applied the powder with a powder puff, so it was more concentrated than if I had used only a brush. I don't think it was super noticeable to other people, but when I applied it I just never felt like it was the right color. I also wish that the powder left more of a silky feel to my skin. I have used Too Faced's Primed and Poreless Powder multiple times, and I really prefer that. It is super expensive for the amount of product, which is a significant downside. I think the best thing about the powder is how affordable it was. I used the powder daily for an entire school year and I don't think I'm even half way through the bottle, and it only cost me about $15 including shipping. The shaker cap can also tend to pour too much out, so be careful of that. All in all, I think this would be a good powder for women with tan to dark complexions, or women with very yellow undertones (only if you use a brush and a light hand, however).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by GabyVeee

I was expecting so much more from this product! I really don't think it lives up to the hype. Don't get me wrong it's a great product but I guess I was expecting more. I would repurchase though (: