December 21, 2014 | 1778 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by izzaphilia

I use this setting powder to highlight my undereyes and t zone. I also use a tiny bit of it all over my face before sealing my makeup. For me, it's best set over a yellow toned concealer with a damp latex sponge then blended with a fan brush. I didn't want to cave in to the hype but most reviews swear by it. I got the 3.0 oz for PhP700, which is about $16 at Purebeauty. I think that it's a great deal because most online resellers charge a range of 800 to 1000+ without shipping cost! My worry is that if I finish the bottle, it'll be difficult to get my hands on one at that price again, because a friend of mine got one at the newly opened Alabang branch. I've been waiting for it from their Serendra and Trinoma branches for months! :)

This powder doesn't budge. At. All. It didn't wear out for hours, with no primer underneath! No visible settling in lines, no caking and cracking. I have yet to see how it will fare on a night out, which in my opinion is the gold standard test for an HG. But the banana powder gets that seal from me immediately because I don't look ashy, and there is no white cast in photos.

Only cons are the parabens in it, which might not be suitable for some skin types. The packaging also needs improvement. I need to transfer it in a cosmetic sifting case to secure it since the shaker bottle pours out too much. A solution I use while I'm too busy to do that is poking only 1-3 holes through the sticker plastic or cutting through it to control the product from getting messy. Pretty easy to live by than buying products more expensive but with less on it!

Please bother to research if this shade is right for you. Some reviewers gave it a low rating because it is "too yellow" for their skin tone. Ben Nye offers a wide range of shades, check them out online or in stores.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Divanance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love did I mention I love this product. I found out about it on YouTube from a beauty guru.. This stuff is amazing! Flawless setting powder for your concealer. Overall it makes a HUGE difference! Buy this product! this is the stuff Kim K makeup artist uses and I see why. It Makes you look more glamorous and flawless which is what we all want right :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by SallyB20

where do I even start with this?? okay so I saw how many people were raving about this ben Nye banana powder all over the web but also saw some bad reviews so I was doubting this a lot but I was like what the heck lets give it a try! I purchased the .3 oz at makeup mania for 13.95 the shipping was free I had a code for it. so first time I used it I was like super nervous I applied it with a wedge sponge (a brush works well too) for my under eye,it seemed at first very dry and heavy for my under eye but I continued to use once it sets it looks amazing I love it!!!! I was in need of a setting powder for my under eyes since regular powder wont due to set it. the packaging is ok it just has too many holes and a lot might come out so I put clear tape to cover most of them so It wont go to waste. I recommend using a hydrating eye cream(Bobbi brown hydrating eye cream is amazing) just to make sure your eyes are moisturized since the banana powder is a bit thick and heavy since it is theater makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by selmacias

I've never done a review on a product but this is a life saver! I use the powder to set my oily concealer and it lasts all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Elizarroyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omg I love this stuff! I have an oily t-zone and this stuff works like a charm. I do sometimes have to reapply but it is 5+ hours after. It creates this glow I can't explain. Every single time I have worn this powder I always get complements about my skin. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by amy0690

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Use it everyday! Super cheap from the supplier!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this powder, I have extremely oily skin and this powder keeps my face matte all day, I may have to use blotting paper if I'm heading out at night but it's just because I'm extremely fussy. It is a really fine powder and a little goes a LONG way. Absolutely love it. The only thing I don't like is that a lot of powder comes out when you try to get a little bit so wastage is a bit of a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kittycatx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this on the Kim Kardashian blog of what her make up artist uses. I like how her face always looks glowy but it doesn't look shiny. I haven't really figured out how to contour with it yet because it barely shows up on my skin. I used it under my eyes to try to highlight my cheeks but it just doesn't show up. Before using the Banana Powder I would always have to carry around make up remover to remove little spots of black from my eyelashes touching my skin and making light black smudges and I haven't had to use it since I started putting on the Banana Powder. It takes away all the oil in your skin too and it doesn't make it look cakey. I want to try the Buff powder to see if it will work any better for lighter skin but if not I'll stick with the Banana Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

Great highlighting and setting powder for most skin tones with golden undertones and those with red undertones wishing to balance their complexion. I use it once in the morning to highlight my tzone and front of face. I only have to reapply 8-10 hours later if its really humid out. It gives me a nice luminous look thats mattified, not dewy. Really fair skin with pink under tones will not fare well with this powder, everyone else should buy the 3 oz shaker jar and a loose powder compact to transfer the powder into. Shaker jar is not convenient for makeup case ans purse

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this powder is a must have if you are olive or tan skinned, I am MAC Nc40-42 and Bobbi Brown Warm natural or Laura Mericer Warm Vanilla, this is great for me I usually use my elf brush (the flat top one) and rub this one photographs well also. a lot of more affordable then other loose powders go buy it!