August 1, 2014 | 1747 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by cwabby

Love love love this stuff! Keeps my skin super matte all day like no other powder. My skin is also super yellow and even the most golden foundations look orange or red on it. But when I use this powder, it changes the colour of my foundation and yellows it up enough to make it a better match for my skin.

It isn't widely available but a bottle should last me more than a year at the rate i'm using it. Also the shaker bottle takes some getting used to. I put my fingers over half the holes and shake a bit of powder into the cap. It isn't ideal but is not a big deal because this stuff is amazing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Littlemissenixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great if you love wearing a full face of makeup all the time. I have tried and tried to figure out a way to use this with BB cream under the eye like a highlighter. No luck. I've read reviews saying that this should be used over your concealer, but I never really wear concealer. But over foundation it is perfect. It really does do what it says and it leaves the face very soft. I need to experiment more so I can find the right techniques to use this with a BB cream. I will not give up!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Pamelacorona

Did my research on this product before I bought. Read all reviews.. I absolutely love this! It hides all my pores and makes my skin look flawless. I sweat a lot and my makeup still seems to stay in place. The first time I tried it at work.. Our a/c went out and I just knew that my makeup was melting.. Go look in mirror to touch up..and boom.. Looked the same as when I applied! Def holy grail product from now on.. Why did I wait soooo long.!!! Ha!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by serissy

I really wanted to love this product because of the hype around it. However, because I'm fair skin ( NC 17-20 or bare minerals golden light), it's slightly dark for me to use under my eyes to set my concealer or a setting powder. I will try it again when I get darker during the summer. The powder itself is very smooth and finely milled. You also get a lot for your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I wanted to try this product because I know one of Kim Kardashian's makeup artist, Mario Dedivanovic uses this on her as well as her sisters sometimes. Also it was getting a lot of hype on YouTube by beauty gurus. I purchased mines online and you can't beat the price. A little goes a long way so you don't have to worry about running out quickly. I personally think it's best applied with a damp sponge otherwise it'll look cakey. I do love the consistency of this powder but if you're going for that "highlighted under eye" and you're fair-medium skin tone I don't think it looks good. I love wearing light concealers under my eyes but I find when I set it with the banana powder it darkens it which is fine if you're going for concealer that matches the rest of your face. But like I said I like my concealers light for that highlighted effect. I think this looks best on tan/caramel/dark complexions like Kim K.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by acnnacnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My HG loose powder is Laura Mercier mineral finishing powder, because it controls my oil very well and stay all day (up to 8 hours) for my skin. I am not really sure about this banana powder because I get oily after 4-5 hours. I have to say the finish is good, yea it really does appear translucent on my skin and not cakey at all, but it doesn't work quite well on oily skin. The price is def cheap, so worth to try but I don't think I will buy it again because I think LM mineral finishing powder works better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by cjpramix

This powder is so fine and light that it really does appear translucent on my skin. I use it to set my foundation and it helps keep the oil or shine at bay. I only need to make a little bit touch up with my pressed powder in the afternoon. The banana shade works for me, i have yellow undertones and it helps cover some redness. This is an amazing find! The price is pretty reasonable. I use a kabuki brush to apply it and it looks fantastic! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A very fine powder that feels like it should have a much higher price tag. Dont be put off by the "banana", yes the powder is pale yellow but I saw no obvious colour on my pale skin. The packaging is rubbish though as its just a bottle with holes on the top - it gets everywhere!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by MsTzinitah

Just like all the other reviewers have stated, this product does do its job. Its matte, set my concealer and gives a slight glow to my face. I am an NC35-40. The only thing though is i feel it sometimes makes my complexion a wee bit dark. Would not recommend this on fair skinned people though, better try the Cameo or the neutral one. Its very expensive here in Dubai though, and quite hard to get a hold of. I paid 85aed or roughly around 30$ for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by paola09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I totally love this powder!!!!! It highlights my under eye area and my makeup looks flawless!! It does not look cakey and the price is really good. I got mine for $16 but since you only need to use a little bit, then you do not need to buy it every month. I am totally in love with the Banana Powder. I am definitely buying this again when I ran out.