October 1, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I added this as a sample in my order from Sephora and I have to say; I love it.

Not only does it smell delicious and like fresh mangoes; but it's extremely moisturizing without that "thick" and "greasy" feeling.

It feels light weight on the skin and it a great moisturizer for extra dry spots.

I will buy this once I run out of the sample. So good!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by bamf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I adore this thick, luxurious body butter. Mango is a favorite scent and this one definitely lasts throughout the day. Wonderful hydration. I only wish they hadn't discontinued their Papaya butter, my first choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

Like all body butters from The Body Shop, I love them all! Mango smells great and makes my skin so much smoother. There's absolutely nothing bad about body butters from TBS, but depends what flavour you like =]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by maserati

I got this as a gift. The thing i loved most about it was the smell. I love love love the smell!!! This hand cream is a bit on the heavier side and it is a bit greasy. I only use it at night because i cant do much with this stuff on my hands. I think it does a good job at moisturizing and making my hands feel soft int he morning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I got this in a gift set from a friend. It smells delish! Just like all the other body butters from the body shop. It makes my skin feel super soft and you only need a small blob to cover a large area, as it's very creamy and rich. Too much and you can expect your skin to feel greasy. As with most body butters, it doesn't exactly 'absorb' into the skin. Sits more like a thin layer over your skin to keep moisture in, so I tend to use this mostly during the night after a shower and wake up to soft smooth skin. Probably won't repurchase this particular scent as it's not my fav, but will buy another scent from the same line as they are great for dry elbows, feet and legs.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by czarinamanzo

I bought this on sale, so I need to buy one because it is very expensive here. I am deciding what to get since it is my first time to buy The Body Shop Body Butter. Between Strawberry and Mango, I chose Mango because of its mild scent, it smells like sweet ripe mango with all purpose cream, VERY DELICIOUS!. The strawberry one is best friend's favorite because of its flirtatious scent. LOL The satsuma one, the scent reminds me of bathroom deodorizer. The Olive smells nice also but I am not attracted to the color of the container.
The Mango body butter, I only apply it at night when I am about to sleep because it took a long time for my skin to absorb it, its GREASY. but in the morning it is already absorbed by the skin or my BLANKET. LOL It helps with the dryness of my skin.
I will buy this again but not the full size, I prefer the mini for the mango because I really love the mango scent but I dont like greasiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by typeAgirlie

As stated in other reviews, you really have to have dry skin for this moisturizer to be comfortable. My legs get so dry in the winter that they crack and bleed - I actually got a bloody rub from the top of my sock the other day rubbing against my leg, that's how dry my legs get! This stuff is an absolute godsend to my legs. It doesn't quite sink in all of the way, and that very light layer that stays on the surface of my skin protects it from harsh wind and the constant dry environment in my house (even with humidifiers). I can't use it all over because that filminess is amplified on less dry parts of my body (my hands, for instance), but for my legs, this is really the best lotion I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2011 5:46:00 AM More reviews by beibeilei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cause I love anything mango and didn't realize this is for dry to very dry skin. I have normal to dry skin. This body butter feels so oily on me. I tried to use it on my feet with socks overnight...but it would still feel oily. As much as I love mango...I can't use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by yidazhou

I liked the product, overall it was okay....
So, to get to the nitty gritty, I found it really moisturizing, and I have ombination skin, even on my body, so I have to usually use something really moisturisnig but not too greay, but this was a bit to greasy. It smells DELICIOUS, and all you want to do is eat it, even though it's quite a lot of money for about 200g. I just read a comment on MUA, saying that it was great on ezcema, which I want to try, but it makes skin feel soft, and blends in easily.
PROS AND CONS:
Pro: -It blends fabulously
- Smells like Mango and peach and milk
- Has a great soft touch after
- really great for dry skin

Cons: Expensive
- I found that when I opened to producted, it wasn't filled to the top, but only about maybe two thirds, which was disappointed, and not really worth the money

I might buy this again, but I could find something cheaper, and maybe even better with the money it costs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only two reasons I would not purchase again are that The Body Shop's Sensitive Skin Aloe Body Butter is much better at moisturizing (note that the first ingredient in it is aloe versus water in most of the other butters, including mango) and the mango seems too oily not sinking into my skin.