April 20, 2014 | 1303 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by czarinamanzo

I bought this on sale, so I need to buy one because it is very expensive here. I am deciding what to get since it is my first time to buy The Body Shop Body Butter. Between Strawberry and Mango, I chose Mango because of its mild scent, it smells like sweet ripe mango with all purpose cream, VERY DELICIOUS!. The strawberry one is best friend's favorite because of its flirtatious scent. LOL The satsuma one, the scent reminds me of bathroom deodorizer. The Olive smells nice also but I am not attracted to the color of the container.
The Mango body butter, I only apply it at night when I am about to sleep because it took a long time for my skin to absorb it, its GREASY. but in the morning it is already absorbed by the skin or my BLANKET. LOL It helps with the dryness of my skin.
I will buy this again but not the full size, I prefer the mini for the mango because I really love the mango scent but I dont like greasiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by typeAgirlie

As stated in other reviews, you really have to have dry skin for this moisturizer to be comfortable. My legs get so dry in the winter that they crack and bleed - I actually got a bloody rub from the top of my sock the other day rubbing against my leg, that's how dry my legs get! This stuff is an absolute godsend to my legs. It doesn't quite sink in all of the way, and that very light layer that stays on the surface of my skin protects it from harsh wind and the constant dry environment in my house (even with humidifiers). I can't use it all over because that filminess is amplified on less dry parts of my body (my hands, for instance), but for my legs, this is really the best lotion I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2011 5:46:00 AM More reviews by beibeilei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cause I love anything mango and didn't realize this is for dry to very dry skin. I have normal to dry skin. This body butter feels so oily on me. I tried to use it on my feet with socks overnight...but it would still feel oily. As much as I love mango...I can't use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by yidazhou

I liked the product, overall it was okay....
So, to get to the nitty gritty, I found it really moisturizing, and I have ombination skin, even on my body, so I have to usually use something really moisturisnig but not too greay, but this was a bit to greasy. It smells DELICIOUS, and all you want to do is eat it, even though it's quite a lot of money for about 200g. I just read a comment on MUA, saying that it was great on ezcema, which I want to try, but it makes skin feel soft, and blends in easily.
PROS AND CONS:
Pro: -It blends fabulously
- Smells like Mango and peach and milk
- Has a great soft touch after
- really great for dry skin

Cons: Expensive
- I found that when I opened to producted, it wasn't filled to the top, but only about maybe two thirds, which was disappointed, and not really worth the money

I might buy this again, but I could find something cheaper, and maybe even better with the money it costs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only two reasons I would not purchase again are that The Body Shop's Sensitive Skin Aloe Body Butter is much better at moisturizing (note that the first ingredient in it is aloe versus water in most of the other butters, including mango) and the mango seems too oily not sinking into my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ka1092

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I adore this product. I bought it for the scent alone but was extra stoked to see that it is for dry skin. Because for some reason, though my face enjoys seeping in oil (gross), my body is like Antarctica (fun fact: Antarctica is the driest place on Earth!) Not pleasant, especially in the winter when my skin gets dry, itchy, and cracked :(

The first time I applied the body butter I was very impressed with how well it absorbed into my skin. I applied it immediately after I got out of the shower which I think really helped lock in the moisture. My skin felt softer and smoother. Definitely a great improvement! It's also lasted me a very long time - though I have cheated on it with some other moisturizers along the way :P I still adore the scent, which is very fruity. However, the scent's not so strong that it lingers and clashes with whatever perfume/body spray you have on for the day.

I guess the only qualms I have with this product are the price - $20 is a lot for 200 g of product, especially when there are tons of cheaper alternatives on the market that, honestly, do the same thing for my skin. It's kind of unsanitary to continuously dip your fingers into the product - something I definitely can't share with friends if we go on a trip. Also, if you use too much, it can feel sort of greasy.

Overall, I enjoyed using the product but I probably won't repurchase simply because it is so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by scribblegenie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this product. So does my entire family. I have purchased it for several years now and will continue to do so. Everyone in my family has dry skin and so we need a rich skin cream. All the women in my family love using it and the men love the smell. It is a bit sweet but the scent does not hang around for a long time but just long enough to use and attract others. If you like the smell of mangoes you will love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by cvicious

this is my first review, so obviously i feel strongly about this product. i have had eczema for many years, and most recently it has been effecting my hands. they become dry and peel almost constantly. its utterly embarrassing. this is the ONLY product which actually moisturizes and relieves my skin. this is the best cream for eczema out there, and i have paid 50 dollars for a small tube of prescription cream. if you have eczema, this is a MUST HAVE. will repurchase as long as they are making this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by hitomitojite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells really really really good, just like mango and peach. My husband hates almost every lotion I have tried, but he loves this one.

Very moisturizing, and thick, but it is a body butter after all.
I do not like the fact that it contains Methylparaben and Propylparaben, but at least it does not contain mineral oil. It is also quite expensive. I bought the 50g small jar when it was on sale for bogo and it only lasted me for about a week.

I can't have enough of the smell of it though, it just, smells so damn good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Smells great (and I'm not usually a big fan of mango.) Great for very dry skin. VERY moisturizing, but not actually greasy.

CONS: Haven't bought this in forever cause it's a little expensive. Some won't like that this is in a jar because of contamination with fingers, but my hands are clean when I apply, so I don't mind.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.