MAC Pigment in Old Gold

4.2

on 3/29/2006 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

THis shade is so beautiful: gold/green/coppery/brown! I always get complments on it whenever i wear it. It really compliments my skin tone, i'm asian and have tanned skin.

on 3/26/2006 8:03:00 PM

Not many colors like it on the market, a dark gold with a prominent chartreuse flash. Wonderful smokey eye and pairs perfectly with teal pigment for a great smokey peacock eye (use a blue base and lots of blue-brown pigment.) Would repurchase. Does not, however, make good lipgloss :(

on 3/23/2006 12:23:00 PM

Love love love Old Gold. Received as a sample and though the other pigment choices were great, I'm so glad I chose Old GOld. I wasn't sure how it'd turn out on me and when I got it I thought it might be close to Golden Olive but GO is definitely greener. With the first brush stroke of OG I fell in love. Just a bit of it delivers an awesome look and it's very blendable. It's got a slight reddish-brown base with a greenish-gold sheen which is more noticeable than UD's Lounge, the e/s I paired it with, but not tacky. I applied it lightly with the 217 brush which gave great colour payoff and a soft look. Can easily create a combo to take from day to night with Old Gold.

Last note, so far Old Gold is the only colour I love that my husband likes as well (he usually likes me with the fresh, clean look). For ref, I'm an Asian NC35. Will definitely need to buy more!

on 2/11/2006 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I do like this colour but I think I might be a bit too pale to pull it off. I'd advise paler skinned people keep their distance :p

on 1/13/2006 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have used this pigment quite a bit, but you get so much for the money I don't know if I will ever have to repurchase, since I have the full size. Old Gold flashes a lot of bright chartreuse metallic green on me; in some lights it doesn't look gold anymore, but a transparent honey/amber also. I've used it in the crease, under the lower lid eyeliner when smudged smoke, and as a base under lipgloss. It's really pretty, but I think it probably works better with medium to darker skins. I'm a MAC NC30-35 and I think my natural yellow undertones make this work. I can't see this looking too good on a cool toned person.

on 1/2/2006 2:53:00 PM

I think this is one of MAC's most complex pigments. It truly is the color of old gold, old tarnished money. It is a mainly golden brown color that flashes green, bronze, and of course, gold. This is not something that will work for every day wear, but it can look quite stunning. I like to pair this with Golden Lemon pigment and green eyeliners. A photo of my eyes with Old Gold continued >>

on 12/20/2005 5:58:00 PM

Wow - this is a very cool colour. Def not the 'everyday' (although i'm wearing it at work today) i freaked out when i first put it on my eyes as its very bright but when i stood back it looked pretty amazing. A yellowy gold with a green tinge is how it came up on me. I am wearing a yellow sun dress today and it works really well.

I'm NC 30 with brown eyes and its working! I only have a sample and cant imagine i'd need more as i wouldnt wear it all the time ... will try and get more in a swap.

on 12/6/2005 3:51:00 PM

This color is incredibally unique and beautiful to look at. Unfortunately, it makes me look jaundiced when I wear it. I'm a cool PPP with b/g eyes. If you are pale with light eyes, I would skip this one. 4 lippies for the pretty color and wonderful texture, but one off for the fact that this is definitely not a universally flattering shade.

on 11/22/2005 9:22:00 PM

I've always wanted this pigment! It's such a pretty gold that reflects green in light. There's alot of pigment in there, so the first time I used it, I had pigment fallout :( Like it says, the colour is SUPER pigmented and was very pretty against my asian skin tone. Don't think I'll be repurchasing anytime soon, because it's gonna last me a long time!

on 11/14/2005 6:14:00 AM

I usually hate gold, but after reading the review, I had to try it out for myself! Wow, this definately is a unique colour! It's a dark tarnished gold that shines green. I'm AAB and this looked awesome!